the world through Diggers eyes.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
bazinga said:
Keppy said:
lookindown said:
Great show team ATC. I never thought it would generate this much interest. Way to go and I wish you continued success. The haters wish all the hype would die, but its BLOWING UP BABY.!!!!
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:Yep... the more people talking weather it bad or good .. Means a lot of people watching.. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: I think there is a lot of jealousy going on here ... all the ones that knock the show.... Would in a minute do the show if asked..........

That's not exactly true. I'm sure some would, but a number of posters have already commented that they have turned down show requests in the past. Not everybody is all about the money.
It is not the money, it is the fame or attention they get that drives folks to such.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
.... Not impressed with the show or many of the comments in favor of it. As for doing a show I also turned down a producer so did my cousin. Together we have 1000?s of acres and 100?s of plantations, homesites and battle grounds from the Georgia South Carolina line up into Va and West Va. Do i really want more attention focused on mding? No. Do i want the general public thinking all mders talk like u guys on the show? No. In no way is this show a positive thing for my hobby. Seriously licking jelly fish n riding a bike off a pier??? WOW!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buzzgator said:
.... Not impressed with the show or many of the comments in favor of it. As for doing a show I also turned down a producer so did my cousin. Together we have 1000?s of acres and 100?s of plantations, homesites and battle grounds from the Georgia South Carolina line up into Va and West Va. Do i really want more attention focused on mding? No. Do i want the general public thinking all mders talk like u guys on the show? No. In no way is this show a positive thing for my hobby. Seriously licking jelly fish n riding a bike off a pier??? WOW!
I think the show is positive for the hobby. Most people that dont know anything about detecting think we are weirdos scratching for pennies or hanging around tot lots trying to molest their kids. There is positive in everything, quit looking for the negative and you might enjoy your life a little more. Some people spend their whole life sweating the small stuff...stuff that just dont matter. :icon_thumleft:

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Lookingdown, I enjoy my life to the fullest! You have no idea. As for the show well you keep ur blinders on and follow the other sheeple, and when nothing gets better and more laws are pushed thru limiting what is otherwise a harmless hobby then you come back and tell us how much good these shows did for your tot-lot hunting. As for me I only relic hunt private property, so at the moment my end of this hobby is pretty safe, its you guys that hunt public lands that will pay first. This isnt intended to be a hateful comment, just my opinion based on laws that have already been inacted in other areas.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
quit looking for the negative

lookindown said:
Most people that dont know anything about detecting think we are weirdos scratching for pennies or hanging around tot lots trying to molest their kids.

Sounds like you are already looking for the negative...

I honestly wasn't aware people think I'm out detecting to molest their children. Seriously? You went THERE? If you really want to get technical, you are out on a beach while these same children are in bathing suits...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
lookindown said:
quit looking for the negative

lookindown said:
Most people that dont know anything about detecting think we are weirdos scratching for pennies or hanging around tot lots trying to molest their kids.

Sounds like you are already looking for the negative...

I honestly wasn't aware people think I'm out detecting to molest their children. Seriously? You went THERE? If you really want to get technical, you are out on a beach while these same children are in bathing suits...
You missed the point I was trying to make...but Im not surprised...this has turned into a personal argument instead of a discussion...Im outta here, good luck to everyone on their hunts.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buzzgator said:
Lookingdown, I enjoy my life to the fullest! You have no idea. As for the show well you keep ur blinders on and follow the other sheeple, and when nothing gets better and more laws are pushed thru limiting what is otherwise a harmless hobby then you come back and tell us how much good these shows did for your tot-lot hunting. As for me I only relic hunt private property, so at the moment my end of this hobby is pretty safe, its you guys that hunt public lands that will pay first. This isnt intended to be a hateful comment, just my opinion based on laws that have already been inacted in other areas.
Nothing personal...just defending a show that I like, nothing more...good luck on your relic hunts. :icon_thumleft:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
lookindown said:
Nothing personal...just defending a show that I like, nothing more...good luck on your relic hunts. :icon_thumleft:
Well i am with you i like the show also .... So i have no more to say here.......

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI lookindown; your points were not missed. It seems you are right in that this "HAS" turned into an argument. The reason, I believe, that people have responded to you in the manner they have, myself included, is because you have also come across in an argumentative manner and missed many of our points as well. A good rule of thumb I try to use is to judge other people or topics with the same measure I would have them judge me. I just came on and find there are 3 Posts from you directly related to me in a not so polite manner. lostcauses made part of my point for me in my absence, thanks guy, my point was to show the Encroachment of the Laws, many new, that ARE in fact getting closer every day to shutting down detecting on ALL Florida beaches. Now I also realize that I being human am not always the clearest thinker there be do to being tired or XYZ. So it is that for that reason if I offended you then I do apologize. I do ask you to start taking a look at the Laws that "ARE" coming right at you almost every day. I believe if you do then maybe you will begin to see our points here as well. I do not believe that anyone here cares if you like the show or not. Rather that they care about the impacts these shows "WILL" have on this hobby/profession which has been the point that we here have tried to show you to no avail. Best Wishes. PEACE:RONB

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since we are pretty much beating a dead horse at this point, here's a change-up ball :tongue3:

How many of you out there are gambling men :dontknow:

I'll bet this thread lasts longer than the TV series

Any taker's :laughing9:

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If these shows were or are going to damage the hobby dont you think it would have already happened from the shows that came in the 90's and the one that came in the 2000's They were detecting, Hell Massy was finding old guns on his show long before these shows aired, and look the hobby is still here so I feel that the outcome of the hobby is a poor excuse for people to have an issue with Diggers. So what else could people be worried about? I have heard everything from loss of permission to bad rep from the way we talk. Seriously the only thing I have heard from both sides is that they could have done a better show. Im sure that some people could have and may still, I cant wait to watch. I hope the show lasts a long time because its about a hobby I enjoy, and all you thousands of people who have been approached by shows ( :laughing7: :tongue3:)and turned them down because you are not sell outs arent going to make a show I can watch so I guess my choices are limited. Thanks to all who have supported us and hope you watch all of the future episodes of Diggers not American diggers. :headbang:

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
I personaly didnt turn it down because of fear of being a sellout, i did it because it was proposed that they follow me around at some of my proven sites. I would also like to state that I was not contacted thru tnet but it was thru a metal detector dealer/relic collector in the Richmond area. Now as for anyone elses reasons for not doing it or liking it thats their business. And seriously do you think you where the only person ever contacted to do a show? As for the other shows in the 80?s 90?s well if you think they didnt harm the hobby look at when states and cities started enacting laws around mding. As for the Masseys very little of their shows ever revolved around relic hunting.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montanagold said:
If these shows were or are going to damage the hobby dont you think it would have already happened from the shows that came in the 90's and the one that came in the 2000's

You are comparing Apples and Oranges and it's amazing how blind you are. I am truly shocked you can't see the difference between those shows and the one you are involved with and American Diggers.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG, you keep refering to "other shows." What shows? GoldFever? That is a prospecting show and has probably spent less than 1% of total airtime with a detector in hand, and when they do, it's scratching in rocks for nuggets. No parks, no turf, nothing to damage from digging.

So, what other shows have been all about detecting that I somehow overlooked?

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
"Seriously the only thing I have heard from both sides is that they could have done a better show."
A simple google search for "Archeology national geographic diggers"
result is About 180,000 results (0.19 seconds).

No damage rightt................Removed this word, was not cool..

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Abd MG you are supposedly knowing what you are doing?
Why did you not have a state permit when it was required???
Explain this away.

If an Archeologist did this all the THers and public would want their head, why not yours??

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bunch of whiners...I wished I had the last 20 minutes of my life back after reading this thread...You haters got to get over yourselves ...Its here to stay...All you are doing (as haters) is making the show more popular by everyone who reads these threads...I said it before & I will say it again ...To the Digger boys ..If yah want to detect a ghost town in Pa. get a hold of me ...We will have a blast Im game for some real fun! Further more thanks & I hope the show goes on!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
kayden said:
What a bunch of whiners...I wished I had the last 20 minutes of my life back after reading this thread...You haters got to get over yourselves ...Its here to stay...All you are doing (as haters) is making the show more popular by everyone who reads these threads...I said it before & I will say it again ...To the Digger boys ..If yah want to detect a ghost town in Pa. get a hold of me ...We will have a blast Im game for some real fun! Further more thanks & I hope the show goes on!
I'm with you on that statement.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
kayden
If you want them boys to come on down, get with the program and offer em a site that will make a show. Whats the history, whats the challenge etc.
Just he boys and not a show, well hell if I knew they were in an area, they still be detectors. Hook em up for a run, as most would do.
Its the situation (show) that creates the problem, not the people. It is a production after all.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
kayden said:
I'm with you on that statement.
Thanks Keppy! Guys its just a show...Learn to adjust!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread