spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The following idea is a twist on a submission by Dano, warsawdaddy's submission will follow soon. So, my hat's off to you gentlemen :icon_salut:

Where to start, but at the beginning of what was to be one of my worst nightmares ever. I still wake up in a cold sweat if this ever appears in my dreams and this happened well over 10 years ago. I was invited by some "friends", (I'm using this term loosely because what was to happen some time later) to join them for a dinner at a cute little restaurant/bar. This little place had decent food, and the night I was there they had karaoke. There was also a decent sized crowd of mature people for once, as it's almost impossible finding attractive single women, in one place at the same time. I had a great time, got up, sang a few songs and met a very attractive woman sitting at the bar. What caught my attention was the way she was dressed, in a pretty dress that accented her legs. There is nothing like seeing a woman looking like a woman and not on of the guys when you're out with her. We struck up a conversation and I got her number in the hopes of taking her out. This turned out to be the mistake of he century.

Now, first dates are the biggest pains to deal with in the dating world. You want to have the perfect date and have to pick the right destinations. I decided that since we were going to go out late into the afternoon for the remainder of the night we would have dinner, go to a karaoke bar, and lastly dancing for a few hours. This sounded like a plan to me, so I called her during the week and went over what I had in mind. Since I didn't want to control the whole date, I told her,"All you have to do is pick the restaurant". I see this offer as one that will make her feel at ease going to an establishment that she already likes. Well, this was the first of my mistakes. :laughing7:

When I arrived at her house to pick her up she was almost ready, she still had to finish her hair. She did however look good and was in a beautiful print dress that simply eye catching. We had some small talk while she was getting ready and I commented on how nice she looked and how I looked forward to our evening together. Once we were in my car I turned and asked her, "Well, where are we headed to eat?" She named a nice Spanish restaurant and gave me the directions. About 20 minutes into the drive she said, "Wait that place may be too crowded and do you like Italian food?" I said it was no problem, so we turned around and headed off for the Italian place. No lie, 20 minutes later she said, "Well, you know the food in the Spanish place is to die for". So while waiting at a light I just wanted to make sure this was going to be the final destination. Honestly, I was already getting a bit ticked off, but figured it would pass once we had dinner.

Now after about 90 minutes of a grand tour of NJ, we hit our destination. The restaurant looked nice on the outside and once you walked in it was like a palace. Since they are always crowded unlike most restaurants that have a little section to sit while you wait for a table, they had a huge bar, close to 40' I think. We sat at the bar and had a drink while waiting to be seated, when surprise number 2 was about to assault me. She was digging through her purse and dropped a slew of name cards on the bar. Each of these little calling cards was from a different restaurant that we can "visit" in the future. I'm already thinking, here you're planning future dates when we haven't even gotten through 1/4 of the evening. I was also thinking why weren't you studying those cards all week long and have a place to go? OK, strike 2, just like in baseball.

We finally got our table and had another drink while ordering, my only thought at this time was hoping the food was good. I was surprised that we seemed to be getting back on track again and that I was enjoying her company. The dinner was going well, well that is until a couple along side us noticed something. The lady politely tapped my date and told her there was a "price tag" still on her dress. Need I say more, I think most of you already know me pretty well. I never lost a beat and told the girl, "She knows the tag is there, and she is returning the dress tomorrow". Everyone but my date had a good laugh and now she is pissed. Another drink helped settle her nerves.

After dinner we went to a bar for karaoke, and had another drink. Next time I look at her and she is out of it, literally. (OK, a strike, but a foul tip, so the batter is still up) I spend the next hour feeding her water to get her sober enough to go dancing. We stayed at this bar nearly 2 hours before we could head out with her in the proper frame of mind.

Our last stop of the evening was a dance club we have both gone to and know several people from different crowds. So, what could go wrong here? Again, we started feeling comfortable together and shared a few dances, so things may just improve. Improve for other people maybe, but surely not for me. She decided to have another drink, although now she was just sporting a buzz, so I could deal with that. After all, I'm out with an adult and they should know how to handled their liquor. We were sitting in the clubs rear room, where they have a nice bar and tables and chairs throughout the room. She sees 2 men that she knows, gets up and goes over to talk to them for about 10 minutes. I sat there just thinking how rude she was. As she was talking a girl I had dated came by to say hell to me and I saw no harm in having a little small talk with her. Apparently my date saw this and walked over and when she arrived I introduced her to my lady friend and she said nothing at that time. The girl walked away and my date gave me an earful, telling me how she hated that woman for one reason, or another. For me the party was over almost the minute it started. I told my date, it's getting late I should be taking you home.

We left and I was in no mood to really talk to her after the night I just had. We pulled up to her house and she asked when I would call her again? To this day I am wondering where the heck was she was for the whole evening? I said goodnight and waited for her to get to her door and in the house.

Who would know the best parts of this date were only the first and last few minutes together. :dontknow:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I married that girl.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a year before the above mishap, I did have one other bad date. Surely not as dramatic, just funny and boring.

This woman wanted to go dancing at a single mixer :dontknow: I guess she felt comfortable because she knew many of the people there. This was just too boring for me, but I did find entertainment watching the people there. It brought back memories of those bad HS dances, you know the ones where the girls are on one side of the gym and the boys on the other. Everyone waiting for somebody to make the first move. :laughing7:

When my date made a potty call, one woman came over and started talking to me. I had to tell her I was on was on a date and she looked at me like I was some type of alien...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
i got not one but two "horror" dates --that top yours easily

after being married for 10 years that ended in a bitter nasty divorce --i did not date at all for almost 5 years !!! -- I treated women like I would a rattlesnake -- best to be kept at a good distance

finally a female freind fixed me up with a date -- nice divorced gal , she said -- we had a "nice date" --dinner at olive garden , went to see "capt ron" at the movies -- she was nice and good company --no great "fireworks" however *

a few days later my brother comes in my place -- ivan theres a guy at the bar with a gun --looking for you !!! came in saying heard SALIS drinks here -- (my brother bobby is a heavy drinker / hung out there but i only went there once in a great while --my brother had a rep for being a real skirt chaser *-- well the guy found out "bobby salis" was there not ivan salis -- and he was looking for me not bobby )-- so i got my 44 mag and went to see why my "new" freind was looking for me ---well seems he and his "wife" had not lived together for years but that since he refused to sign any divorce papers they were still "legally" married and he was "pissed" off that she dared to try to live a bit --- I told mr yahoo that i was told she was "divorced" and that as a rule I DO NOT DATE WOMAN THAT ARE NOT DIVORCED-- and that we just had dinner and a movie and that not else happened -- I said buddy if you think thats was worth killing me over or getting killed over to step outside and we could get to it.
he said no thanks to the offer.

so another 6 months go by -- I'm at the local MC Dees getting some breakfast -- couple egg Mc Muffins and a coffee head to the union hall to look for work -- i notice the gal in the window is a cutie hottie / nice hooters ,freindly warm smile so we chat a bit (no one was in line) -- i say hey if your not doing anything want go a date tonight ? sure she says -- ever been to the dog track? no sounds fun she says -- I will come backthis way from the union hall about at 5 pm meet you here ok? sure she says --- fast forward to 5 pm get there --no one there so order a milk shake and wait a bit -- in she walks --looking very nice too * -- so i say well where would you like to eat at -- CAPT D'S she says --oh man lucky me -- a not too costly seafood fast food place (she will not be breaking my back food $$ wize) we eat and chat -- getting along great!!! shes charming and witty and smart too . --so we head off the the dog track and i get us a bottle of wine and we pick some dogs to play --we are having a wonderful time -- i can see shes "interested" and flirty --great!!!! after a bit we hit a couple hundred dollar winner --i say her go cash this ticket in while i check the other races in the book --she says oh i can't --you have to be 18 to do that * -- WARNING WARNING WARNING -- uh dear just how old are you? i'LL be 17 in another week --GAG CHOKE GASP * ( IN MY MIND i COULD SEE THE JUDGE NOW -- YOU TOOK A 16 YEAR OLD UNDERAGE GIRL TO A GAMBLING PLACE AND PLYED HER WITH BOOZE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER--20 YEARSIN JAIL)-- so I go gee its time to leave where does the time go?--i put her in the car driving her BACK to the MC D where i found her at -- the "nice" lil gal is trying to rub on my leg the whole way there -- i have to keep removing her hand and putting it back ---while going mentally NO NO NO --shes jail bait --cute but still jail bait -- i drop her off and flee not looking back.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I would say your dates went alright as you at least enjoyed their company. Granted the aftermath was no picnic, but the time you spent with them was fine. There were only 2 good moments in my date, saying hello, and saying goodbye. So there is a big difference :laughing7:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once had two "friends" (a couple) set me up on a blind date with a friend. Four of us went out for a movie and drinks later, real laid back. Well, their lady "friend" turned out to be a gay. What they were thinking I still don't have a clue. Ironic thing was we went to see the movie Anaconda. At the end of the night I asked her if the movie made her feel like "converting". :laughing7: :laughing7:

B

BigDan

I've often spoken of my old friend Pat. The one and only time I wanted to kill him was after he'd begged me to accept a blind date with a friend of a girl he was dating. She lived 45 miles from our town and he didn't like traveling such a distance alone as it was "boring".

I was reluctant to accept, but his assurance that this "girl" would be anything but a nightmare finally convinced me to accept.

She was, 4'10", tall, and around. She already had a boyfriend, he was in jail. She wasn't even interesting to talk with, I'm trying nicely to say she was "dull". I can't bring myself to try to say anything funny about that date.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
but the up side of your dates spart was they were just dull -- they would not get you possibly killed or a prison sentence. :icon_thumright:

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
Well I met a man in a bar, laughed played pool talked all evening, middle of the road in the looks department, dressed well, smelled good, asked me to give him a ride home, then it happened. Idiot talking in a french accent baby talking asked me for a kiss and made a fish face with his lips, gross. Instant turn off, told him no thanks about the kiss, then I told him I had to go home so he got out of the car. As I left he stood there with a puzzled look on his face. Come on how can he not know. Men no baby talking and no fish lips, please.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 228
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigDan said:
She wasn't even interesting to talk with, I'm trying nicely to say she was "dull". I can't bring myself to try to say anything funny about that date.

Dull is dull, I would have spent the whole night looking at my watch.. If she asked what I was doing, I'd tell her I had to be home by _____ or my wife will kill me. :tongue3:

ivan salis said:
but the up side of your dates spart was they were just dull -- they would not get you possibly killed or a prison sentence. :icon_thumright:

No it wasn't dull, she was just a nightmare, a little too self indulgent for my taste... and yes, I have had one dangerous episode too, but this was about bad dates.. the date itself.

Overall, I'd say for the most part I've had a great run, and continue to do so for the most part.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lincha said:
Well I met a man in a bar, laughed played pool talked all evening, middle of the road in the looks department, dressed well, smelled good, asked me to give him a ride home, then it happened. Idiot talking in a french accent baby talking asked me for a kiss and made a fish face with his lips, gross. Instant turn off, told him no thanks about the kiss, then I told him I had to go home so he got out of the car. As I left he stood there with a puzzled look on his face. Come on how can he not know. Men no baby talking and no fish lips, please.

That was you? :D

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
One date with (an older woman) was scary, She was all over me from when the car door closed. and never let up. Bob

You have have done some reading up on "Cougars" before your date. The following is a public service announcement from Spartacus53 to all males. This information can be seen in full on WikipedA

1- A capable stalk-and-ambush predator, the cougar pursues a wide variety of prey, (but favors younger males)

2- This cat prefers habitats with dense underbrush and rocky areas for stalking, but it can also live in open areas. Note: You can recognize them by the way they eyeball you, giving you the once over

3- The cougar is territorial and persists at low population densities Meaning: This cougar will protect her turf from other cougars

4- Most active at dawn and dusk, they are lone hunters (This is a well known time given for meal discounts for the breed)

Doubt any of my facts?? Do a google and check Wikipedia, they will confirm the above. :icon_thumleft:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Spart is the book writting type, I on the other hand am direct and to the point.
My standard method of operation is Movie,dinner,home,usually mine!
Back in my area every one had a nickname. Here is the sweet and souer of the bunch!
I dated this gal who's nickname was "manhole". The sad part was I found out why!
I dated this gal who's nickname was ""watermelons". Lets just say that she lived up to my expectations!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
Didn't like my story about dating an older woman,HUH

I liked it. :icon_thumleft: I was just trying to give you some tips to avoid this from happening to you again in the future :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all my dates start out at the Burger King drive Thru
where I Usually let her splurge on the Large Fry,
so she can brag to her friends what a big Spender
I am.

or a microwave sandwich at the Gas station.
and a Big gulp.

Then to a Night club.

Only bad one I Remember ,
she didn't get drunk & Pass out, and she
wanted to stay past the first set
:icon_scratch: so I Left without her.

Spent almost $20 Bucks on her
And She never even called me back.
Women ! :dontknow:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to be, let's see. 1963 maybe 64 still in high school Stef a gorgeous fair haired well endowed long legged dream sits behind me in automotive advanced class. Finally after 2 months of building enough nerve to ask her out. She has no hesitation and excepts Zoweee! The plan starts. I say make it 2 weeks from Friday there's a great movie at the (finger bowl) Drive in. Now wait I have no wheels! BUUUUT my mom has a prestine 62 Buick now this is no Mussel car or the looks. At least not yet... After loosening # 3 spark plug I convince her the motor needs a little work she takes the bus to work. That nite Joey and I pull the engine, after cashing in a few war bonds We take the 8 banger to the local hot rod shop that Joey's brother owns, we punch it out 30 over new Isky 3/4 cam anti pump up lifters etc etc. and top her off with 2 holly's 650's 2 Days later install 2 exhaust cut outs Sounds sweet. and can burn the rears off in a city block. Mom almost sht's but understands I've been studying :tongue3: Now the Friday comes, Time to empress (Lucky I could borrow some dust, car broke me) Stef lives in a nice quite subdivision a bit out of town. Unbeknown to me Her dad (old school) is a cop in town So here I come cut outs open wide (sounds like a f14) screech to a halt at the address, pile out and ring the bell. oppps (ever see a big cop) WOW he must of grown up when Meat was cheap. I introduce my self and await the date of dates (sugar plumbs were not dancing in my head) What the site. micro mini, blouse 1 size to small (woody time) Dad looks me straight in the eye and says "no later ten 11:10" and all I said was you mean November 10th. Slam goes the door.(Must have seen the tilt in my Kilt) What????????? Totally blown away. 2 g's in the car 8 bucks for a bottle of gin long ride home. So pissed I floor it turn left at the corner and (rollers) You know the cars with the bubble on top.No excuses 9 points and 165.00 later I limp home. Before I get there I pour a bit of Gin (in a paper cup)WRONG. I pull in the garage and forgot to take the cup off the dash board. Next evening my mom asks me why does it smell like Christmas when I turn on the defrosters? Air freshener didn't work. It's called grounded.2 weeks Got to be good friends with the hand.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually never had what I would call a bad date, but the other half of that date might have a different view. I couldn't call a woman 'manhole' or talk about 'watermelons'. That's just kinda beyond me. Sorry, but that ain't right.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time I look at her and she is out of it, literally.

Right then I'd have bought her a cab home.

You gotta cut your losses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread