The yard work can wait another day.....

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
Well i have used my entire 4 day break to metal detect, back to work tommorow... I have neglected chores... went through 12 c cells, and my knees hurt.. But you know what... It was still more fun then mowing the lawn..

So I went to a neighboring town ( dixon ), and found a local park that was in the heart of original downtown. There were targets all over the place.. alot of junk... I never know who discriminates the junk and digs only good hits.. so i was thinking it may have been worked out... but you have to have faith.. Well my thoughts after the trip are the place is mostly hunted out.. I found some clad mostly < 2 inches.. some deeper..

I was able to dig one 1944 penny g4 probablly. That would be the vest find of the day... Next week ill find a new spot..

So tell me do you dig all signals? or discriminate and dig only good ones...

Upvote 0

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Nice... I sometimes blow off chores and go detecting too. Fortunately, the wife doesn't complain...she's a good woman.

I usually start off with the disc low and see what comes out of the ground. If it's too much trash I'll turn it up some. If I'm still getting a lot of trash I turn up the disc all the way and just pop quarters out. When an area becomes "quiet" I start turning the disc down a little at a time until the trash starts coming up again. Then I move on.

HH

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it depends on the site. If I think good stuff might be among the trash I will dig all.
Burdie

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Experience has taught me to dig it all. ;)

Ridley

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job....i certainly don't dig everything...your just gonna have to decide on the spot

HH
-GC

D

dugupfinds

Keep sensitivity as high as the site allows with discrim as low as possible & clear the lot.

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
Like others have said, depends on the spot. Some of the locations that are available to us have so much trash that if you dig everything you would be in a 5ft square for 2 hours.

Good luck, HH.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ou feel the kpark has been hunted heavily, I would concentrate on and dig all the deeper signals. Tkhe shallow targets is most likely what has been taken. Also, you can pass up on some of the shallow trash. You won't be digging as many holes but you will be digging deeper and probably geting better finds. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread