Them Bones!

animal

Aug 18, 2007
arlington texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250, Garrett GTI 2500 and Minelab Excalibur 800
I found these bone fragments in a creek bed in arlington this weekend. The carved one really has my interest peeked. The round rocks were found in the same creek. The buckle was found at an old house site. It says russell manufacturing co middle town conn. Any info on any of these items would be appriciated. Thanks!

Idont know if youz guys are seeing what is there. The top bone is carved! It has defenant carving. It has almost virtacle lines on top and bottom and a line coming from the left down vering to the right and splitting into two between the almost virtical lines. Ther is allso a simbol of some sort on the top right corner. I am going to have it looked at friday by an expert. as far as the round rocks I will see about cracking one open. Thanks for all your replies. Will let you know!

Attachments

• bones1.jpg
    bones1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 700
  • bones2.jpg
    bones2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 699
  • bones3.jpg
    bones3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 708
  • bones4.jpg
    bones4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 725
  • bones5.jpg
    bones5.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 718
  • bones6.jpg
    bones6.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 726
  • bones7.jpg
    bones7.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like skull fragments . Don't no if you should post or not ???

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that might be parts of an armadillo. Maybe compare it the next one you see along side the road? :laughing7: Darn things aren't too successful in crossing.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if an armadillo plate is joined by sutures at their attachments, but know for sure that skull bones are. Depends on the size and shape to determine what species it's from though. I believe the bottoms of turtle shells are joined a bit differently, but don't quote me on that. :read2:

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
GaRebel1861: armadillos may not be good at crossing the road, but they must be good at something to keep being unsuccessful at crossing the road.

Bottoms of turtles may be different but I am working on agreeing on turtle shell--carapice portion, not plastron. If my comparative vertibrate anatomy serves me correctly. Of course, most of the comparative anatomy we did back then is now extinct! But I don't remember the little "squiggles" inside the top of the shell, but I also don't remember them inside a skull, either. Sutures, I am about 90% good for turtle shell.

But how about those round rocks? Can we see one cracked in half? Better yet, got a diamond saw? Cut it, PLEASE. Don't know if it is a concretion or a nodule, or something else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread