Thermal City advice

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm new to panning and prospecting. Thought I might head up to Thermal City tomorrow and see what I can learn. Anyone got any advice?

Thermal city has a panning trough where they dump a frontloader of pay dirt next to, for $10 you can pan all day and keep all the gold you find.
Or you can rent a high banker, buy a frontloader of pay dirt for $50 and spend the day shoveling into the high banker.
They also have a trommel that you can rent and feed a frontloader load into it.

My advice is to go for the panning trough and then maybe next time rent a highbanker or trommel.
There are good people there on staff who will be happy to teach you how to pan.

I shoveled 2 frontloader loads into my trommel there one day and that was quite a workout for an old guy like me. :tongue3:

Thermal City Gold Mine is a great place to get your feet wet and learn a great deal about prospecting and prospecting equipment.

GG~

StoneyRun

Mar 10, 2013
S.W. Missouri
Detector(s) used
old faithful Radio Shack
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ex has been going there for years, he really has a good time and finds a bit of gold here and ther. He even bought a retirement property near there.

Cheri

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you go to Thermal City this weekend (3/16 & 3/17). You will meet up with several folks from Matthews, NC GPAA. Great people, with a great deal of knowledge of prospecting in the Carolinas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread