Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did an alien tell you that?

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Well you certainly kicked a hornets nest. Even scientists argue about this one. Plenty of gold deposits are associated with volcanic activity. You find gold just about everywhere there is a caldera. However gold is also associated with medium age mountain ranges and diagonal uplift, where no caldera exists. Also ancient river beds contain large gold deposits. Some of these ancient river courses which occured thousands of years ago when the glaciers of the last Ice Age melted are believed by some geologist to contain the "richest" gold deposits in America. Far richer than any deposit found in current day rivers and creeks.

OP
OP
C

Color-blind

Greenie
Jan 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you certainly kicked a hornets nest. Even scientists argue about this one. Plenty of gold deposits are associated with volcanic activity. You find gold just about everywhere there is a caldera. However gold is also associated with medium age mountain ranges and diagonal uplift, where no caldera exists. Also ancient river beds contain large gold deposits. Some of these ancient river courses which occured thousands of years ago when the glaciers of the last Ice Age melted are believed by some geologist to contain the "richest" gold deposits in America. Far richer than any deposit found in current day rivers and creeks.

Thank you for this reply! When we're dealing with thousands of years it's hard for me to get it through my thick nogin what went on and how things ended up the way they did, I do know it had to be a pretty violent time in history. I need to do my homework, I guess asking this question was the beginning of my homework so I really appreciate the longer explanation. Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread