Thick clay, horizontal crevice

cliff162

Greenie
May 24, 2014
california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Busted off slab of rock into pieces and off of bedrock with sledge hammer then pulled what was left out with a come along to follow crevice, the 1 inch high crevice was full of thick, sticky grey clay. So sticky, used a wire to pull out clumps of it. No sluice needed, 100_0011.JPG 100_0009.JPG

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb...Look at it...stick it in front of the camera ooo I'd like to have some...oh that ain't working...that's the way you do it...play your sledge on the bedrock walls...maybe get a blister on your little finger...maybe get a blister on your thumb.

Well done dude. :notworthy:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great spot for put backs also as many coins found in those horizontal cracks. On Flat creek up here -1 of 3-I pulled out a 6" thick pie shaped 3' hunk a bedrock with just a tiny crack and viola when the mud cleared there was over a pound of gold with a nice near golf ball sized nugget. Needless to say I won find of the month at the club meeting as over 1 3/4 lbs in 1 tiny crack. Always makes me wonder when a tiny crack leads to a chamber of rounded nuggets as waaaaay too big to fit in there. Blackbone fell back on his butt when I sent that 1.78 ozr' up the nozzle as when it showed on the punch plate he kept tapping it to get it to move, bent over to look and down he went. Great gold thanks for the gold fix...John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread