Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing I've noticed over the years is that there are NO ugly THing women!

I don't care where you go, what the age, they're all awesome good looking and exceptionally intelligent! I mean, just check out the pictures here or visit any club hunt.

I ask you this question...why is this? I mean you'd think there would be at least one rusty link in the chain.

Question: Why this most peculiar phenomenon?

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I think it must be the fresh air that keeps them young. I've seen 70 year old women that could and have given 25/30 year old men a real run for the money. As for the intelligence, they have to be able to keep up with their husbands and others in the fields and in the research dept. I've never read where it's a priority requirement for and MDer/treasure hunter to be smart and intelligent but most everybody here seems to have more than an average IQ.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very true Jeff, but don't you think all THers have to be just a little whacky? After all most adults don't spend a lot of time down on their hands and knees digging in the dirt! A lot of the THing women don't have bikini bodies but you don't even think about it much when you're discussing THing with them. After all, not many of us guys would look good in a Speedo! Monty

Z

ZumbroKid

Thanks Zeb, I really appreciate the compliments! I was about to post a thread asking how many male detectorists wear glasses? There seems to be many of them, probably caused by straining their eyes looking! At the small dates on the coins i mean. ;)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Th'er women are not ugly! One, Doctor Detroit looks great in a thong so I am told. She mainly hunts Michigan beaches and parks but packs bear spray and iron to keep the perverts away. I met other women in the hobby and it must me the hobby that keeps them young. I can't say that for us men.

Sandman

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Actually it is something I don't think about. On forums half the time I have forgotten the poster is female. For me they are members of our tribe or comrades.

The exception is Free2detect. After Free's last post I chuckle a bit wondering what new posters must think.

George

Z

ZumbroKid

Since i posted that George i got another private message from a member who has zero posts. I guess i still got it! ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Monty said:
Very true Jeff, but don't you think all THers have to be just a little whacky?? After all most adults don't spend a lot of time down on their hands and knees digging in the dirt! A lot of the THing women don't have bikini bodies but you don't even think about it much when you're discussing THing with them.? After all, not many of us guys would look good in a Speedo! Monty

And at one time I remember you worried about what a "Speedo Hunt" was. LOL I think we all have a little bit of wackiness in us, otherwise we wouldn't even think of going out in the cold and snow are try and dig through frozen ground for some small or not so small metallic trinkets.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
bakergeol said:
After Free's last post I chuckle a bit wondering what new posters must think.

Back when this forum started (I had a different ID then) I learned not to pay too much attention to the photo attachments of messages. They're sort of logos just so we can better recognize posters at a glance. But in fact, they USUALLY mean basically nothing.

And too, I think the real free looks far to much like Uncle Fester of the old Adams Family TV show (Christopher Lloyd). Now, not that there?s anything wrong with Uncle Fester. It?s just that the current picture is a definite improvement.

Z

ZumbroKid

I like the time, some took my real photo and were posting all over the place as if they were me. i sat back laughing that night.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
FreeTwoDtect said:
You remember my night hunting light!

Oh ya, that picture was my favorite. That's the one that gave me the Fester idea.

Yep, I remember when you started here and when you finally came out of the closet, so ta speak. Several of us supported you at that time. We were afraid the young bucks with a crush on you might just form a lynch mob! ;D LOL That was all a lot of fun.

By the way, whatever happened to Floater?

Z

ZumbroKid

Maybe someone needs to post a come back floater thread. They did it for others. ;)

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
My guess is Floater is very busy doing Florida reconstruction work. As I recall he was a part of a company that did high-level construction projects.

Looking for real treasure? Buy Florida real estate! Those nicer areas outside the hurricane hit areas are fabulous investment opportunities. A friend of mime bought a house down there two years ago and today it's appraised at twice what he paid. He lived in the house for two years and made $100,000. Florida is going sky high.

Float will most likely be back some day. I mean, with those big headphones and all....who could ever top that?

I sometimes wonder what happened to some of those from way back. Can't even remember their handles anymore.

Z

ZumbroKid

Floater will feel honored he made the thread on metal detecting deva's ;D

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
went water hunting with a friend , he spent his time looking at all the girls, me i was there to hunt, yes end of day 3 gold rings, friend 0,,lol

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8)those detector ads that show those good-looking women detecting in bikinis doesnt hurt,either.Am I a dirty old man?? ???No,just a man that enjoys Gods creativity.I am also married-My wife,and ONLY my wife,has my full attention,if ya get my drift!! ;) ::)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Digginman said:
I agree, my eyes are only on my girl, Lori.? But, I ain't blind, isn't FreeTwoDetect, a fine lookin treasurehunter.? ?;)

hahaha! you dont know the half of it!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread