mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm doing it this way because I want to do it this way and I want to do it this way because most of my life I have been doing everything how everyone else wants me to do it.

And since almost everything hasn't worked out so far, I'm doing things my way now. I am open to suggestions and advice though :unhappysmiley:

What was that tv show called i would like to watch it.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im from Aus, I see you are in WA. Im surprised there are not more shipwrecks on the WA coast or oppertunities in the goldfields. I'm trying to think localish to you. Any legends on Christmas island?
Not legends or stories but I lived out of a van for months in the Vic goldfields....ended up drinking too much etc. But it was a good reality check (and we had a great time)

Perhaps you just need a well researched holiday/ adventure ?before you commit to a big venture.

Chub

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv'e wanted to get a group together for YEARS and look for some of the lost CW payroll. One story that has always interested me was, It's been YEARS since I looked into this so forgive me if the facts are not completely correct. I read about it in the 80's in a Treasure Hunter Magazine. Somewhere in Tenn. a union army put $100000 in gold payroll and shot it out over a valley to keep it from falling into Confederate hands. Two kids, 70 hour a week job and BILLS for 30 years put the fire out. Now that I'm retired, Grown Kids, a 5th. wheel camper to cut down of food and housing while out hunting, a 4wheeler for tough terrain, expendable income, and most importantly,TIME. I would like to get involved with a small group of like minded individuals (I think that's very important because a ship wreak gold hunter and I probably wouldn't have the same interest or knowledge. I would like to be completely self funded (Iv'e spent WAY too many years answering to bosses) to try and find just one of these "lost" payrolls. I think you on the right track but if you try and find every lost "anything" you will need NASA's data base they use to track stars. If you could find people who fill in a resume if ask similar to what I just did and grouped them together, you could possibly have some success. No one person can do all the research.

P.S. I was serious if anyone ever wanted to get together and go after something like that, I'm in.

OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Im from Aus, I see you are in WA. Im surprised there are not more shipwrecks on the WA coast or oppertunities in the goldfields. I'm trying to think localish to you. Any legends on Christmas island?
Not legends or stories but I lived out of a van for months in the Vic goldfields....ended up drinking too much etc. But it was a good reality check (and we had a great time)

Perhaps you just need a well researched holiday/ adventure ?before you commit to a big venture.

Chub

There is not to many in WA unfortunatly i was thinking more of going to the united states and do a well researched holiday/adventure there. But if you need any help to go after one in australia i am up for it.

Iv'e wanted to get a group together for YEARS and look for some of the lost CW payroll. One story that has always interested me was, It's been YEARS since I looked into this so forgive me if the facts are not completely correct. I read about it in the 80's in a Treasure Hunter Magazine. Somewhere in Tenn. a union army put $100000 in gold payroll and shot it out over a valley to keep it from falling into Confederate hands. Two kids, 70 hour a week job and BILLS for 30 years put the fire out. Now that I'm retired, Grown Kids, a 5th. wheel camper to cut down of food and housing while out hunting, a 4wheeler for tough terrain, expendable income, and most importantly,TIME. I would like to get involved with a small group of like minded individuals (I think that's very important because a ship wreak gold hunter and I probably wouldn't have the same interest or knowledge. I would like to be completely self funded (Iv'e spent WAY too many years answering to bosses) to try and find just one of these "lost" payrolls. I think you on the right track but if you try and find every lost "anything" you will need NASA's data base they use to track stars. If you could find people who fill in a resume if ask similar to what I just did and grouped them together, you could possibly have some success. No one person can do all the research.

P.S. I was serious if anyone ever wanted to get together and go after something like that, I'm in.

civil war gold...Sounds like an adventure to me, sign me up? ill pm you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread