Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are 48 other states I would move too first.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp, anywhere close to the gold seems to have horrible economy, anywhere with good paying jobs is far from the gold. This isn't always the case but pretty darn near it.

What is your profession?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No water, no jobs except in big cities,then part time and no benefits, ranked at the bottom of the pile for new business startups and worst in taxes of all ilk. Environutz have ruined the place-look elsewhere for sure-John

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Move to Colorado instead. Prospect for gold and grow weed. Live free. Amen.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
No water, no jobs, high taxes, spends more money on education and is scraping the bottom of the barrel, libertarded politicians are regulating and taxing every phase of your daily life, while continuing to run legitimate business and industry to neighboring states. Other than that its great:laughing7:

MFSB

Greenie
Sep 7, 2014
Helendale
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am currently out in the High Desert of Southern California. This welfare state has managed to ruin their economy through government hand out programs that not long ago even bankrupted the San Bernadino City and County Government. The drought is causing havoc with everything and taxes for simple things like registering your vehicles is nuts! Do not move here on purpose, I have 18 months left and I get to find somewhere else better!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
California is diverse. If I had no choice but to live there north would be preferred. San Diego was great to visit but costs.
There is gold. But what gold would be passed on the way there?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
California No! If you do find a place with good gold, good economy and low govt regulations, please post and I will move there.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ifn you get a govmint job ya all can retire at 55 with 7 to 15,000 per month with medical. If you work in construction you can go on welfare. If your illegal you can go on welfare. Not to productive in the small business side. Businesses are flocking out of state too high taxes and gas tax increase at first of year. Welcome to California. Wouldnt suprise me if they made it illegal to move your business out of State to save on taxes Hell if the feds can do it why cant California.

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Move to Reno, NV and look for work there. You are still close to the gold, but you don't need to live in the nanny state.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
We can't win here if all the good people stay away, but on the other hand... hell just move to Reno, Tesla is moving there. What can you say we are between a rock and Jerry Brown.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The NorCal or SoCal scenery can be beautiful. A person can live in a large city but in 200 miles or less be in the mountains or at the ocean. The winters in the high country are cold and likely snowing. It is EXPENSIVE to live there. The politics are stupid, the handouts are stupid, the forest rangers are now thugs so when "out there" a person is looking over their shoulder to see what's coming. The place because of bad government/bad people has gotten stupid in lots of ways. At over $4 a gallon for regular gas making a living there is going to be tough. IMHO...............63bkpkr

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Avoid California at all cost. If you like to drive two hours from where you live to where you work on freeways that are so overwhelmed then go for it. Housing, food, gas, insurance, utilities, etc. is over the top. I can understand why your leaving Florida as well, but stay away from CA. I moved my wife's aunt in March into a small apartment of 700 sq. ft. apartment and the monthly rent was $1500.00. Traffic even out 50 miles from LAX in Rancho Cucamonga on a Sunday was bumper to Bumper by midday. Northern CA may be different as for traffic but everything is expensive in CA.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
California? Excuse me but...........................................................................:sign10: You'll be sorry.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whelp, anywhere close to the gold seems to have horrible economy, anywhere with good paying jobs is far from the gold. This isn't always the case but pretty darn near it.

What is your profession?
I would think twice about moving there and after thinking twice about it if your still considering it I would think twice about it again...

All the reasons already posted, I could give more reasons but politics not allowed in this forum here...

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Notice that almost everyone that commented (Including me) lives here.

The only thing that I don't agree with is that gas is over $4 dollar a gallon, for most places its actually about $3.55 right now in Redding (not like that's much better....)

I live in Redding, unless your a student, highly skilled or a Govt. worker, I wouldn't both coming here to live. Redding does offer great gold, a central location that rarely gets snow but is only minutes from snow in the winter, only minutes away from the first open area's that you can find gold, half a days drive to the ocean and great gold, fishing and camping all the way there.

I have lived in Citrus Heights (Sacramento Area) and Fontana (SoCal) and have worked in SanFran and Napa making daily commutes.
If I had to choose, I would choose Citrus Heights and surrounding East/South East area's around Sacramento like Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom, Orangevale, Rancho Cordova and so on.
If you live there then you are VERY close to the Motherlode. :)

Right now, unless you have solid work lined up already, I would no recommend moving to California.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all y'all replies greatly appreciate it gives me a lot of insight on the situation in California so you're saying Nevada's better just looking at my options but then again I just may stay on the East Coast thank you again y'all have a good day

mrmozambique13

Sep 10, 2014
Riverside,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites XL Pro with Black Max 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's the living cost-of-living and work over there if anybody can give me some insight would be greatly appreciated and what would you suggest somebody leaving Florida to move over there thanks

Don't do it man, If you do........move to NorCal. And even then, I hope you have background in working for the refineries or government/Aviation because there is no work out here. Traffic and the road conditions suck, it takes them 10 years to finish construction on any road or freeway so that makes traffic 10x worse.
Vehicle registration and property tax alone will surely force you into bankruptcy.
There is no water and the state is drying up, but half the people are so stupid here that they waste it and could care less.
Almost all the people who work for the state are foreigners or previous welfare recipients, so they have bad attitudes and are out to make your life a living hell on purpose. So that annual trip to the DMV is an all-day affair, Oh and let’s not forget to smog your vehicles.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Cheech, if you want to maybe stay on the East Coast...consider coming over here to Lee County. Jobs and housing are getting a lot better, less hustle and bustle of WPB area, better beaches, etc. Look on Craigslist Ft Myers for opportunities that meet your, and your family's needs.... this is true for Sarasota, Charlotte, and Collier Counties as well...Manatee County and points north I am not as familiar with, so I cannot give sound advice. Good luck...BWD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread