Thinking of trading 40% for monster box 500oz?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like your feed back I have about 3300 40% that i found crh in about 12 weeks i will have 4000 or more and can trade them for 500 oz monster box Thats 500 .9999 of silver one oz rounds american eagles. I will give up some silver to get it ??? Good deal??? What do you think? I find about 1000 40% every 16 or so weeks.So i will find more.??? If i do get it i would leave it sealed.

Upvote 0

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Me personally I would do it. I think it is a wise investment. Even though you might give up some silver you are gaining a premium on the ASE. You are completely right in leaving them sealed. Later on down the road you can find investors that will help you pay to send them off and pick out the MS70'S! Then you talk about a great retirement. It is hard to let stuff go but I have found that in found this I have came out way ahead in the coin market. Our initial investment of $300 has grown to around $2500-3000 in less than a year. The bulk of that is from trading around. Please keep us posted on your decision.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say yes for a couple reasons.

1. Storage space is incredibly less
2. The American eagle is my favorite collectable coin

Just be sure you pay the taxes on the difference between face and spot of your 40%'ers as the purchase price of the monster box is over the 10k transaction SaR or not its your choice but you are realizing a profit that will be noticed or maybe it wont as I am not familiar with your finances.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say yes for a couple reasons.

1. Storage space is incredibly less
2. The American eagle is my favorite collectable coin

Just be sure you pay the taxes on the difference between face and spot of your 40%'ers as the purchase price of the monster box is over the 10k transaction SaR or not its your choice but you are realizing a profit that will be noticed or maybe it wont as I am not familiar with your finances.

Why????? The ASE's are real currency marked as $1.00. You are buying currency and if you pay taxes on it you better get another accountant.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why????? The ASE's are real currency marked as $1.00. You are buying currency and if you pay taxes on it you better get another accountant.

This would be true if you could actually buy an ASE for 1.00 but you cant. you will pay 2 or 3.00 over silver spot for an ASE. A rough estimate is 16,500 purchase price for the monster box.

This can be looked at in a couple of ways. If the transaction goes down as a trade of x amount of 40% for the monster box then no profit has been realized and an exchange has been the transaction.

However if you first sell your 40% @ or around spot for cash in order to buy the monster box then a profit has been realized as the initial investment is .50 per coin face value. That is profit no matter how you cut it and a transaction that large will get extra attention with a paper trail included.

Do as you like and so will I but just sayin better to be on the side of right instead of walking in the red areas.

Last edited:

hogan646

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you given any thought about diversifying your holdings with some Gold?

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
whatever you do, don't trade the 40%s to a dealer for the monster box, as their profit margin will eat you alive. Sell the 40%s first on craigslist, as you will gain much better profit

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
As said above, try for the earliest box possible. Best possibility to get early die strikes. As far as trading the 40's, I would trade them the amount (in silver melt) for the monster box. Example, A box cost's $10 dollars (I know it dosen't) so you trade them two 40% halves for it. That, or sell them in a bulk on feebay, tons of newbies on there, or wherever you can get the most $$$$ then buy the box.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provident metal Will pay $4.790.00 For 1000 40% and the .9999 prem is about $2.75 per oz. not bad. when you sell them you also get a pre. plus they can be your ira.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a great idea, and one I've been planning on doing waaay down the road when I have enough 40%ers amassed to do so.

Why????? The ASE's are real currency marked as $1.00. You are buying currency and if you pay taxes on it you better get
another accountant.

This. Find a buyer on Craigslist for a private cash transaction and there will be no paper trail. Buy the monster box with the cash.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bars are less desireable, Easy. You don't know what they are composed of.

you cannot fake a Mint American eagle. You can try, but...it's not easy.

A bar on the other hand... SO EASY TO FAKE.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like your feed back I have about 3300 40% that i found crh in about 12 weeks i will have 4000 or more and can trade them for 500 oz monster box Thats 500 .9999 of silver one oz rounds american eagles. I will give up some silver to get it ??? Good deal??? What do you think? I find about 1000 40% every 16 or so weeks.So i will find more.??? If i do get it i would leave it sealed.

Just as someone that collects 90% and .999 I can tell you theres alot of fear the ASE will be called in by exec order as many of the other collectible coins were. The thought is with 90% they won't as they can cull that over time from the system without as much anger. Remember for every holder of an ASE theres probably 200 holders of 90% out there.

quietprofessional

Jul 29, 2012
Hastings, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim,
I am not sure if this was already mentioned, I am reading this on the fly. Have you considered selling them for profit then buying the box out right? I always had the understanding that I would never get spot for my halves. Then I had a conversation with a fellow who was more than willing to pay it. Ever since then I have been selling for a fair trade. I guess I would look where you havent to explore your options.

-G-

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as someone that collects 90% and .999 I can tell you theres alot of fear the ASE will be called in by exec order as many of the other collectible coins were. The thought is with 90% they won't as they can cull that over time from the system without as much anger. Remember for every holder of an ASE theres probably 200 holders of 90% out there.

Are you suggesting that the Gov will Cull, or recall all the ASEs? And give you the face value for them?? Any articles to link? I am as crazy as the next 'stacker' but this makes my BS meter go full tilt. But, I would entertain the thought, as I know our government knows NO bounds for it's treachery.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, the weeks when I pull 50% of what tim culls, I am VERY happy boy. Last week was one of those weeks. This week will not be.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you suggesting that the Gov will Cull, or recall all the ASEs? And give you the face value for them?? Any articles to link? I am as crazy as the next 'stacker' but this makes my BS meter go full tilt. But, I would entertain the thought, as I know our government knows NO bounds for it's treachery.

I doubt the feds would do that, unless the dollar goes under, and Silver hits less than $1 an ounce. But with electronics now a days demanding silver, I doubt silver would dip that low.

Bowen89

Apr 3, 2012
South Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get trading 40%s for a monster box but people saying they cant sell for spot is false atleast here. Tim could easily sell his 40%s for maybe a $.05 loss per coin just because of the volume. People in our area pay spot and will buy it all...

It seems like a good idea but idk i love 40%s because noone else does haha. I have tons! And want more. I have been getting 90%s to save space but if i find a 40% for under spot ill buy it in a heartbeat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions