Third day at 1809 site

deepseeker3

Feb 6, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I first received the OK to search this site I expected quite a bit. The first two times I found little to get excited about.

However I thought there had to be something there so gave it another shot today. Going slow and digging mostly everything over 45 on the AT, I ended up with a '34 wheat (4th one), a '37 Merc (only silver on the lot) with nice bands, and a surprise when I got home to see the 1901 V nickel. The bullet case is a 38-55 WRA Co, and some more metal chunks that are not magnetic, and not soft enough to be lead (need to get a silver test I guess). The ring had me excited, but turns out to more likely be a piece of equipment made of cast aluminum. Some copper and brass bits round out the haul. "A site is never hunted out"

Attachments

• day three.jpg
    day three.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Upvote 14
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats! :occasion14:

Low and Slow always gets you the goodies! :icon_thumleft:

WVExplorer

Jul 9, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Garret Carrot, Recently retired Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep trying. Those sites take time but it looks like you’re figuring it out. The ring could be an old copper wedding band. Some times used back during war time instead of their nice gold or silver bands.

What I’ve come to realize with these old house sites, unless you can find one in the middle of nowhere, it’s hard to find one that hasn’t had activity since the original builders. I usually find trash dumped on top of them or find they were burned so there‘s all kinds of metal melted in the ground. I’ve been somewhat successful by continuing to go back (day after day) and working out from the house. Looking for other structures, paths that may have led to refuse piles or outhouses. Or cart paths from the main road to the house. Some of my better finds have been 20-30 feet away from the houses but normally take me 2-3 trips to find them.

Good luck.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume you mean 1901 V nickel........

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&quot]"A site is never hunted out"

True, especially if your digging over 45s.[/FONT]

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a successful day nice job on the old coins The one pice looks like an old Car part or some kind of Engine piece Keep at that site shes giving up some good stuff..............Tommy

OP
OP
deepseeker3

deepseeker3

Feb 6, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep trying. Those sites take time but it looks like you’re figuring it out. The ring could be an old copper wedding band. Some times used back during war time instead of their nice gold or silver bands.

What I’ve come to realize with these old house sites, unless you can find one in the middle of nowhere, it’s hard to find one that hasn’t had activity since the original builders. I usually find trash dumped on top of them or find they were burned so there‘s all kinds of metal melted in the ground. I’ve been somewhat successful by continuing to go back (day after day) and working out from the house. Looking for other structures, paths that may have led to refuse piles or outhouses. Or cart paths from the main road to the house. Some of my better finds have been 20-30 feet away from the houses but normally take me 2-3 trips to find them.

Good luck.

Good info WV. Happy hunting

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The 'V' is a great save. Congrats on a successful outing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread