🥇 BANNER This could have been a once in a lifetime hunt!

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This could have been a once in a lifetime hunt! MORE FOUND

4 Part Story with 4 different hunts with more treasure and pics ......maybe more soon!

A friend of mine said he had a day free so, we set up a hunt. I knew of a very large park yet to be explored by either of us. We hunted for several hours and got about 15 coins or so...it was so clean and not even one pull tab!
We gave up on it and decided to go have lunch. After, my friend Danny said he had a little time but not much as he had a football game to watch. We headed to a new site that Danny got permission to hunt. When we arrived at the home site and were surprised to find a demolished house, everything was gone! Pushed up and the burn piles were still smoldering! Debris strewn all over the lot like a tornado just blew thru. The bulldozer left piles of earth with a mixture of insulation, old wiring, nails, glass and the fall leaves. Everthing had changed! I think most people would have just driven away but since we didn't have much time, we decided to make the best of this "war" zone. I was thinking..."what did Danny bring me to"? We hunted for a short time and Danny found a hot spot for pennies, a lot wheat backs. He invited me to hunt with him but I said, "thats your spot". He insisted and I started digging up a few wheat backs. I was a bit tired at that point so decided to leave him and venture on. I headed to another area about 75 feet away. I got decent tones but all trash mostly. I really expected the detector screen to say, "Enough already"! or "No More"! Tons of iron, pipes, wires and just your run of mill....trash. It was driving me crazy! Several times I was 2 seconds away from going to the semi manicured lawn next to where we were hunting. I kinda had enough. The day was fun but it wasnt very productive. Danny headed my way and he told me he got a bunch of pennies. He asked how I was doing and I said not too good but this signal I just got sounded good. It was dollar range signal! I dug down a few inches and up popped 3 pennies, all together. I said just old pennies. I checked the hole again...I still got the dollar signal. It was a good signal but not too deep and not very strong. Probably some kind of trash. I told Danny, it was a good steady signal....lets hope! Wow, up popped the unmistakable look of a silver dollar! I didnt touch it. I said to my friend....you WONT believe this! YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS! Hes looking at me puzzled and I pointed at the hole.
A nice 1921 morgan silver dollar was peeking at us. The iron & trash etc was trying to null out and confuse the signal.
I didn't know this day would EVER happen. Ive known of people hunting 30 years to only find 1 dollar. Ive been doing this about 3 years. Its my lucky day! Danny gave me the high 5 and took some pics. We started hunting again and Danny and got some more wheat backs. About 5 minutes later, I got another signal. Up pops another! I yelled at Danny, another one!!! Hes saying wow...its your lucky day. It was! Then, Danny got a signal. He probes it and I can see the shine from 10 feet away. He scores a very nice dollar in a plastic pouch. High 5 again and pics. He is beaming and I was happy for him. WE continued to hunt. I'm getting multiple signals all over the place. I'm pulling up wheat pennies as fast as I can unearth them. Lots of them! Then, I get 3 signals all in a 2 foot radius. One silver dollar, then another... then a third! I am exstatic! 20 minutes ago, I'm almost ready to pack it in. Now, I'm plucking 5 silver dollars and lots of wheat backs like a crazy person. Danny gets another dollar, then a Franklin half. There were so many wheats that I would probe the signal with my pinpointer...set it down...and it would beep again. So, I would move it....and it would continue to beep again....Coins everywhere! I continue to pull up 2 more dollars and Danny has several halfs. You have NO idea whats coming...and neither did I. I got a silver tone...moved a small amount of dirt and I instantly new what I had. Now, with 7 silver dollars and hundred or two of wheat pennies, I yelled at Danny again. Can you believe a 10 oz silver bar???....in the wrapper. Danny could not believe it and I was almost speechless. It was now dark and we continue to hunt continuing to pull up mostly wheat backs but a occasional silver. We searched in the dark using mostly just the light from our probes. It was almost a frenzy. All in all, Danny missed his game by about 5 hours. I think he can live with that. I know I can! I walked out with 287 pennies, 1 franklin half, 10 oz bar of pure .999 silver AND 10 Silver dollars. Danny got several dozens wheat backs, 2 Silver dollars, 7 halfs and two nice tokens yet to be identified.
Wow, what a day!!! In general, it was a nice day. No rain, if there was, we wouldn't have hunted. I would not have ever found this stuff if Danny did not take me there. I don't think we would have found all we did if I hadn't decided to keep looking in such a trashy area. So, we would both be nowhere without each others help. Happened on my departed Dads birthday too...Thanks for the inspiration! This might have been once in a lifetime experience and I will never forget it.
I hope WE have some good luck again... as I do everyone, so don't give up and who knows maybe you will have some silver in your future and turn your trash ...into Treasure!

Attachments

• first silver dollar (Large).jpg
    first silver dollar (Large).jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2,646
  • silver dollar day 3 find extra (Large).JPG
    silver dollar day 3 find extra (Large).JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,723
  • silver dollar day 10 oz bar (Medium).JPG
    silver dollar day 10 oz bar (Medium).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,509
  • silver dollar day 10 oz bar close up (Medium).JPG
    silver dollar day 10 oz bar close up (Medium).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 3,569
Last edited:
Upvote 67
OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds !

Although I might have been inclined to at least split it 50/50 with the guy who took me to such a great spot. To each his own I guess .. congrats !

Thank you.

I didnt ask for any of his finds and he didnt ask for any of mine....thats the way we agreed to do it.

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can we see the pic that your buddy took of the silver dollar "as dug" before it was touched? All the silver I see seems to have been cleaned.

All the pics on location were taken at the time found(except one)...whether it "seems" to you to be accurate or not... nothing was cleaned at the time. If you have dug up very much silver you would know that silver pretty much looks like new, whether its been in the ground for 5 minutes or 50 years. Again, posted before are pics showing how the dollars are...If you look closely...you will see dirt in crevices of the 1934 dollar. Again, posted before are pics of the 20 silver dollars and several have discoloration, and patina on them. Remember, the 20 Silver Dollars were in a sealed tube.(as shown in earlier pics).

Attachments

• 1934 d or s front (Large) point.JPG
    1934 d or s front (Large) point.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 20 dollar spread (Large) point.JPG
    20 dollar spread (Large) point.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 170
  • silver day 2 (Large).JPG
    silver day 2 (Large).JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as concerns about "loose ends"......TreasureNet rules are the "loose ends" that concern moderators.... As stated in our rules below..............

"ABOUT THE AUTHENTICITY OF FINDS POSTED AT TREASURENET

Occasionally a member may have doubts about the authenticity of an item posted by another member. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find.

3. Members are free to express such opinions to one another in private messages, but should NOT continue to do so if those messages are unwelcome.

4. Do NOT report doubts, suspicions, possibilities, or rumors to moderators or the administrator. Any formal report or complaint should be accompanied by full and absolute proof from independent, authoritative sources that the item is not, and cannot be, genuine.

Failure to follow these guidelines may result in censure, loss of privileges &/or access to certain forums, or outright banning from TreasureNet.

All finds posted are presumed to be genuine, and those who post them are to be respected."

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

Please read and follow our rules.......

Last edited:

rachums107

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
jamesbond-i cant really tell from the pics right now but it looks to me like the top coin is a 34D and the bottom is a 34S. the 34D is basicallly worth melt, especially considering the stain on the left reverse. but the 34s (if it is one) may have some extra value but its impossible to tell from the pics right now. do you think you could get some bigger pictures?

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jamesbond-i cant really tell from the pics right now but it looks to me like the top coin is a 34D and the bottom is a 34S. the 34D is basicallly worth melt, especially considering the stain on the left reverse. but the 34s (if it is one) may have some extra value but its impossible to tell from the pics right now. do you think you could get some bigger pictures?

I dont know coins like when I was kid but 1 silver dollar...I would say is for sure a 34-s. The other dollar has a "outline" of a D but when I tilt it slightly...it appears to have "lines" of a S mint mark. I think Ive seen this type of thing before...either from wear or not great die striking or both.

I will take some pics and see if I can get better shots/angles of the coin(s)...do you want pics of both?

thanks again!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
James that was an incredible day of digging!! congrats on making banner too!

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James that was an incredible day of digging!! congrats on making banner too!

Thanks again Debby!

It was a very fun day...to say the least. I never in a million years thought this would be a good place to hunt. Its been a learning experience for me on several levels. Changed my way of hunting. Probably, a never ending process....which is just fine with me!

We are heading back tomorrow or friday depending on weather. Owner says we have some more time because of the weather but not too long. We have an offer for some help too but I have to clear that with Danny. Wish us somemore luck as we will need it. There maybe lots more to find or ......nothing.

Thanks Junk too!

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic finds! Nicely done!!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL.....hey not everybody finds one of those.....at least I hope not.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Congrats to you, I can't imagine how you felt. I'm really glad you got to dig some lost history. Please keep us updated with all the future finds.

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you, I can't imagine how you felt. I'm really glad you got to dig some lost history. Please keep us updated with all the future finds.

Thank you and thanks to all that responded!

We are headed out tomorrow rain or shine....probably rain. Lets hope we get lucky again! I will post what we find.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

rachums107

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
jamesbondaka that would be awesome if you could provide more pics of both coins! and good luck on your next hunt!

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jamesbondaka that would be awesome if you could provide more pics of both coins! and good luck on your next hunt!

Ok...I will take more pics and post them tomorrow.

We did go out the day after Thanksgiving. Went over our usual area and did not find too much. About 20 pennies total for both of us. Danny calleid me over and said he got a ring. I checked it and it looked good! Sure enough nice 14kt wedding band. His First gold ring!!! Very nice! We continued at it...I pulled up ...I think is a 21 century chinese coin. Dug alot of holes but Danny got the prize for that day with his 14kt ring.

Attachments

• dannys ring. (Large).jpg
    dannys ring. (Large).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 163

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions