ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who did he hurt, Let him back, All is forgiven (and will be the next time too by all that is being said), etc etc etc.

The real questions is What kind of members do you want to associate with in this forum? Personally, there are some types of people (liars, thieves, elitists, etc) that I will not voluntarily associate with. But its not my forum, so I don't have a say other than my presence (no big loss there eh)..

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So what you are saying is nobody deserves a second chance....bit harsh if you ask me.

SS

Does it say that anywhere in my post? Of course some people deserve a second chance, depending on what they have done. But, as Captain Caveman pointed out, rules without repercussions are paper fences. What he did was not forgivable. A liar will always be a liar and a cheater will always be a cheater, even if innocent in that moment because their prior actions have caused distrust. He is hosting a metal detecting event for 150 people @ $150 per person. How many of those people would have considered even going if they knew the person in charge of their money wasn't as honest as he pretended? I would be very upset now if I had been foolish enough to have given him money. Any finds made now will have to be looked at as possibly seeded. You do that to yourself when you deceive people. I have no compassion for people that don't work hard for what they have, including a good reputation.

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once trust is broken, all actions after the fact will be suspect...In other words your guilty until proved innocent

He is hosting a metal detecting event for 150 people @ $150 per person. How many of those people would have considered even going if they knew the person in charge of their money wasn't as honest as he pretended? I would be very upset now if I had been foolish enough to have given him money. Any finds made now will have to be looked at as
possibly seeded....

How was I to know this, I judged him on his actions here not outside T.NET. Perhaps you should have posted this in your fist post.

He's planted a find to fool us in giving him a banner, not murder somebody.

SS

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I Stand with you Old Dude. What Vino did was unsavory and I think it's not only a slap in the face to those of us to have made banner finds but also to W&E Treasures if a find he made that was featured and was not legit. No he didn't murder anyone but to scrape that low to fool the whole forum into patting him on the back is low down and dirty.

Edited for SS because I'm not sure what find he made was featured in W&E and whether it was proved legit or not.
Second edit,it was a gold coin, not the William and Mary half crown that was featured in W&E and could be totally legit.:dontknow:

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Stand with you Old Dude. What Vino did was unsavory and I think it's not only a slap in the face to those of us to have made banner finds but also to W&E Treasures that featured that find. No he didn't murder anyone but to scrape that low to fool the whole forum into patting him on the back is low down and dirty.
Coily..are you saying the William&Mary half crown appeared in a Treasure mag in the states?

SS

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coily..are you saying the William&Mary half crown appeared in a Treasure mag in the states?

SS
I may be wrong on that but read that he was featured either in the newest issue with a gold coin? Please if I'm wrong here someone correct me. I'm guilty of speed reading and would not want to be guilty of giving false info.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver Searcher, I commend you for your beliefs. It is very noble to turn the other cheek. I suppose it is just a flaw in my character to not be able to do so. I could never hire a pedophile as a baby sitter nor a thief to guard my money, no matter how many college educated people swore upon a Bible that they had been " changed ". Second chances must be earned, not automatically given.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher, I commend you for your beliefs. It is very noble to turn the other cheek. I suppose it is just a flaw in my character to not be able to do so. I could never hire a pedophile as a baby sitter nor a thief to guard my money, no matter how many college educated people swore upon a Bible that they had been " changed ". Second chances must be earned, not automatically given.
yes I agree trust would have to earned, but we should not turn the other way..just be cautious, I like to think I'm a fair man, perhaps to fair at times.:dontknow:

SS

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to get my hands on the A-hole who's seeding all these damn old horseshoes on this old trail behind my home. When I find the perfect shoe I better get banner!!!!! Seeded or not.

Old dude.... Your post #22 - #27 I totally agree with.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the harsh criticism of his actions that I have seen, both here and in conversations not on this forum, our discussion probably does not matter in his circumstance anyway. If he was to be allowed membership again, and chose to do so, I imagine any finds he presented would be scoffed at no matter how they appeared. I have met him, shook his hand and thanked him for allowing me to hunt with him on a few times. He did not impress me as the type to want to be ridiculed. I think more of the outrage exists because so many of us here on this forum that have met him personally, have his phone number in our contact lists, and admired things presented by him as legitimate finds, had our trust so callously thrown away.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I really think I understand both sides, AND just like everything else in life there are two sides. Everyone needs to evaluate the situation and make a decision on how they will handle the same person or another person that comes around and deceives. Everyone will handle the situation how they see fit.

What IS NOT welcome on this forum or any others is for a person with strong beliefs to CRAM what they believe down others throats and make life miserable for the person that is trying to get back on track OR a person that believes opposite of what they do. Keep your beliefs, keep your guard up if need be, BUT DO NOT try to sway others in accepting your beliefs.

We all have rights and we all have freedom to choose. Accept others and don't judge.

Example. I give back as many gold rings as I possibly can. Others are pirates and keep everything. I am not stupid and neither are they. I have my beliefs and they have theirs. No need to judge either way. If you think I am stupid, you are entitled to your opinion. HOWEVER, to let everyone know how you feel and bash me, or to get everyone to agree with you isn't the way to enjoy a forum.

That is exactly why politics and religion are mostly banned from forums. State your thoughts. Accept others that think differently and enjoy each others knowledge.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deleted...too much moralizing (by me).

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, sure am glad that my Clad Finds are not suspicious.
Try not to forget,, "If it doesn't interfere with your breathing,
It Ain't Serious!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Man kind fell from Truth..to politics and religion,BOTH lies!!

I don't know if I understand what you are trying to say.

I do know we have lots of liars errr I mean lawyers in politics.

I also know why they bury lawyers 12' down instead of 6 when they die.

Cause deep down they are really good people

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I think a lot has to be considered. Who did he really hurt? Not anybody but himself. That is the bottom line. Nobody on here got hurt, lost money or lost their life. Duped maybe but that is all.

We are not here to judge him or be judged by each other. Sometimes we HAVE to judge another, especially if you are dating and are looking for a companion. This is not the case. We don't know him, we don't associate with him outside this forum and we don't deal with him on a day to day basis.

In this instance though we really do not have to judge. None of us were hurt physically or emotionally.

Should he get another chance? That is not up to us. That will be the moderators decision. If he is given one and he has changed accept him as far as I am concerned. Some will never believe him again. Others will. We ALL have that choice. The choice WE DO NOT HAVE is to hold a grudge as to let others know what he has done in the past, to keep the dissension going on. It needs to be buried.

I have learned a lot from the forums. People come and go. On another forum I am on we have a poster in southern California. He joined and bought an AT-Pro three years ago. EVERY YEAR he has found over a thousand dollars in clad in UNHUNTED school yards. Most of it quarters. The kids must be filthy rich to leave quarters all over the ground, without any snow to cover them up. He gets 17 - 30 dollars every time he goes out.

Who is he hurting? I think all the people that have detected for years know it is impossible to have spots that never dry up. He could be duping new people to go out and buy an At-Pro so they can have free extra money. I had an issue with him and I got a weeks vacation. Not my site and not my decision to let him or not let him post his bogus finds.

Anyway, we are all on this earth for a very short time. I have buried my parents due to an automobile wreck and a wife from illness. I know how fragile life is.

Judge who you absolutely have to and let the others be judged by people that absolutely have to judge them. I think you will find an easier road in life that way.

My free 2¢

LOL

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

I sent you a PM. I totally agree with you to an extent as I said. But when people come to sites only to deceive and don't stop, I have an issue with it. I don't want to give new people to this hobby a false sense that they can buy a detector and start making tons of money with it. I happen to be completely honest and truthful with my finds. Thanks for your input.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if I understand what you are trying to say.

I do know we have lots of liars errr I mean lawyers in politics.

I also know why they bury lawyers 12' down instead of 6 when they die.

Cause deep down they are really good people

That is the best description of lawyers I have ever heard!!:thumbsup: I know, I know, there's always an exception to the rule....

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys lay off the lawyers. Its only the 98% that make the rest of them look bad.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread