This is a hill

boojababy

Mar 21, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the river in town, the big chair was put in a few years ago, people climb on it all the time, would this be a good place to search?

Screenshot_20180508-093219.png

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Why not tell us if it was a good place to hunt after you have searched the area, rather than wait for responses while others may be working the area --perhaps right now !
Don.........

Street address: Check
GPS Coordinates: Check

Shouldn't be too hard to find....lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any place people go is a potential good place.

Any place they are reaching in their pockets or purses is better.

One of the best spots I ever hit was in a park where folks sat on a wood double-rail fence or tossed jackets over it while they watched vollyball or the tot-lot, facing the other direction was a ball-field. All kinds of rings and coins there.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it private property? Do you have permission to hunt? What is the history of the land around it? In other words, do a little research and that should tell you what you want to know. If there is no history to the area the best you could hope for would be some modern jewelry or coins.

OP
OP
B

boojababy

Mar 21, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not the chair... lol

OP
OP
B

boojababy

Mar 21, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bad cold and can't get there till I feel better, I don't think I have to worry about others getting there before me, as many years as I have been doing this in my town I have never seen another detectorist.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

boojababy

Mar 21, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's at the town park by the river so its public.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I have a bad cold and can't get there till I feel better, I don't think I have to worry about others getting there before me, as many years as I have been doing this in my town I have never seen another detectorist.

I would definitely sweep it, the chair itself is interestingly enough, the hill has appeal as well. That close to a decent water supply and the possibility that a homesite was there in the past screams at me. NP is old and wouldn’t surprise me that the parcel of land was donated to the city by former owner.

It would be pretty cool if you could snap a picture of yourself in or around the chair! Equally good if you share your finds, get well soon and hit it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread