This is carved into top of a stone normally under water any ideas ?

budsmith19

Sep 5, 2012
Southwest mississippi
image-3859414605.jpg

image-711717645.jpg

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be nothing and I may not be old , I do not know but I do know it's not a 1 or a 4 there are no letters or numbers they are symbols the pic don't show exactly I guess . What looks like a 1 looks more like an arrow and what u see as a 4 is < that symbol with what looks like a H connecting on the bottom of it

Maybe; Halfway up a hill?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellas, I could fill a very large book full of things that I DON'T know. With that being said, y'all don't think that this could be a surveyors short hand notes? Perhaps, a surveyor was in the field working on this soon to be lake, needed to quit for the day, had no pen or paper , but did have a tool for driving irons and a chisel . Instead of going for pen and paper, I would chisel something that I understood to kind of help me remember where to start the next work day. 14 could have been the answer to a formula that he didn't want to work out again. I don't know? But, I don't think it is old. Just me!! Still cool, I would have taken a photo also!

Surveyor here.

Nope, sorry.

A large part of my job is to read the mind of the surveyor ahead of me, and we didn't think or act like that.

I can't imagine this is a surveyor's marking. Everything we do makes sense as a boundary mark, and markings like this don't.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bum Luck said:
Surveyor here.

Nope, sorry.

A large part of my job is to read the mind of the surveyor ahead of me, and we didn't think or act like that.

I can't imagine this is a surveyor's marking. Everything we do makes sense as a boundary mark, and markings like this don't.

Just a far fetched shot in the dark . I almost wrote a Mark Twain novel in that post. Didn't notice until I reread it! Good luck figuring it out fellas. Quantum physics may help some. If y'all need books let me know.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure why this carved stone is in American Indian Artifacts? Should be in the What Is It forum:coffee2:

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Tnmountains said:
I am not sure why this carved stone is in American Indian Artifacts? Should be in the What Is It forum:coffee2:

I did not know that forum existed until now. I'm glad you said that! Now I understand some of the comments that have made me mad. My bad for coming back in an ill manner toward some of y'all. My ignorance x2

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what its worth...this thread started with the question" Is this Native American"

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard if the person that posted this has found anything out on it? I wonder if they used a MD around it yet? I know where I would be rite now if I had found it. I am thinking treasure on this one.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha..that's crazy. Have fun with it. I bet given enough time and research you can find symbols and maps to decipher it. There is many documented Spanish treasure maps carved in stone. Many have been found to be maps to mines.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks almost upside down. Also might sound crazy but try holding a mirror to it and look in the reflection to see if it is written backwards. What type of stone is it carved into?

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks almost upside down. Also might sound crazy but try holding a mirror to it and look in the reflection to see if it is written backwards. What type of stone is it carved into?
You know thats a EXCELLENT POINT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does go how you LOOK AT IT , Some of us are only looking at it from the point of view of the picture need to rotate it around a bit ------------- Kind of like the line from Jaws --- "its only an island if you look at it from the water "

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted an enhanced upside down picture of it earlier in the thread. Don't think it will help much because it appears to be symbols not letters and numbers

OP
OP
budsmith19

budsmith19

Sep 5, 2012
Southwest mississippi
rock said:

I believe it's some kind of large sandstone

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might help to look up historic Spanish symbols or Roman ect..

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I started researching, and got to reading about "ruins" think I spelled it right. Probably not, it's close enough . They were carved symbols left by Vikings . They looked far more "in depth" if you will, than these. However, could be a place to start in this study.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread