This Is Gonna Kill Me

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
So Friday the bank calls and says they have 900 Ikes for me. Took 2 months to get them, and when they did that opened the bag because they had another customer who wanted 73 Ikes (for ?????). The telller happened to have 38 Ikes brought in the previous day, so I ended up with a bag of 965 Ikes.

My weekly 4 boxes of halves was shorted by 2 boxes this week - but they did get the Ikes in. :happysmiley:

I'd also picked up a box each of cents, nickels and dimes at another bank.

All of this, and I do mean ALL of it, is sitting here untouched because of out-of-town company dropping in the week-end, and my starting a 4-day work jaunt last night. I work 12-1/2 hour night shifts so other than some visiting I spent the day sleeping, working, back home and off to bed soon, rinse, lather, repeat as necessary.....

I am going to have 1 full evening and one partial (other obligations) before my regular weekly 4 boxes are due in. That is once I am free to start cracking rolls and digging into the Ikes bag.

I really wish I had a regular job and an unencumbered life. Or at least better timing.

Rascal

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, it's worth a shot for sure, if not, you could try to sell a lot of $1,000 FV on CL foor 1.1x+ face, make some good money there.
HH
Buff

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
The same thing happened to me when I started ordering boxes of halves. Seems that the lead teller decided I couldn't have been serious about $1,000 in halves, so she sold a good portion of one box. I still found some silver in what was left.

I jokingly told her I was really serious about the boxes, and that I didn't like to share with others.

They no longer sell off my boxes.

AgHawk

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to chase two weeks ago to pick up 4 boxes they order for me every week, and the woman teller calls over the only guy working that day to lift the boxes for her. As he is lifting and handing them to me I see one has been opened, but all 50 rolls are still inside. I ask him what happened to that box, and he tells me that he has an interest in these. I said "you have an interest in boxes that were ordered specifically for me?" He says "no, an interest in half dollars in general." So I said "since you work here I'm sure the bank will order all you want, so there's no need to open mine." He didn't respond to that, and then I told him "starting next week I am leaving behind any boxes that have been opened, so stop opening them."

Last week when I went in for the pickup she called him over again to do the lifting, so as he is handing them off to me I starting feeling bad about how I talked to him the week before, so I figured I'd break the tension with "you didn't open any this week did you?" He looks at me and with a little anger says "so how many 1964 and older coins are you finding?" I said "none (true since I only found a few 40%), I only search for coins newer than that (40% are newer than 1964), is that what you were looking in my boxes for?" He didn't answer, handed me the last box, and went back to his work station.

We'll see how it goes this week. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions