This is hard.

PirateOfTheOBX

Greenie
Oct 29, 2005
OBX
Hey guys, and gals?

My second night out. Me and Chaotic Jon went out to a relatively new school to check around the consesion stands. Found a lot of aluminum parts and misc metal objects. Did find my first penny. Wasn't anything super, just a regular 85. It was about an inch in soil/sand. 3/4 sand mix. Then we went to a park where he gave up shortly after his girlfriend called. I kept at it and found a lot of pull tabs "old ones" and a pipeline. I thought it to be a cannon at first when I spotted an odd looking lip on it, but as I dug further it connected to another section. LOL, in my dreams right. Buried that, struggled to stand back up (I'm 25) and figured it was time to call it a night. I REALLY NEED TO GET A SIFTER AND PINPOINTER. All I have to use is a plastic garden shovel. Guess I could make a sifter out of a coffee can or something. Any suggestions? As for locations, I think I will try something a lot older next time. Probably do some scouting tomorrow.

Yarr! Me legs r feelin like crapola.

Upvote 0

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try doing that with legs that are 20 years older than yours...................... man, to be 25 again............ :-\

I carry a thin 7" phillips head screwdriver(probe), small garden spade and a small prybar for the most part, but then again, I have mostly rocks and red clay here in Mid Mo. For sand and loose dirt, you can get a small kitchen strainer with metal mesh and handle from many appliance stores. Just make sure the mesh holes are big enough.

Attachments

• strainer.jpg
    strainer.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 396
  • other_strainer.jpg
    other_strainer.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 434

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
Good for you! At least you're out there. Don't think that you need pricy hardware to find something. What you use just needs to be functional. Improvise, and over time you'll acquire the designer items. The fun thing about this sport is the anticipation. You just never know what you might find.

A

agbonanza

Welcome to the hobby and to the forum...I'm pretty darn sure you'll be hooked in no time....HH and keep us up-to-date

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just built a sifter box. It was pretty simple, I cut a 2x4 to the size I needed. I went to home depot for wire mesh. Some glue, some screws, some heavy staples and I was in business. As far as the pinpointer christmas is comin'. I'll probably get one from kellyco.

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi just wondering if you have ever thought of hunting the park at the end of collington harbor.Not sure how old it is but it gets lots of traffic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread