This Is My Favorite Hobby In A BIG Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Ok ladies and gents.... I posted last fall about our old high school and how that they had took out the old football bleachers dating from 1916 and also removed the top 2-3" of trash. You will remember how I found some cool things.. ended up with over 100 coins from the spot... had found over 150 under the bleachers before they took out the sod and removed them.... 1909 wheatie was the coolest.... took out 8 silvers, and a nice boy scout ring.... well I have pounded the spoy over and over, each time finding less and less.... did manage a no date buffalo and wheaties this year already.... tonight I was dodging the rain drops and went behind the new bleachers they have put on the spot, to the edge of where the topsoil had been removed. Most of the junk was visible and somehow I got a quarter signal..... I dug.... and couldnt believe my eyes...... the dirt and hazing combined to make me think this was a child's fake coin..... but then I turned it over..... a 1936 Walking Liberty Half...... the 2nd one I ever found... first was a '20 bout 6 yrs. ago....... It isnt in the best shape.... but hey silver is silver is silver..... esp when it comes to halves n dollars......

Attachments

• 1936half.JPG
    1936half.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 488
Upvote 0

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
OH YEAH ~ that's a great find! I love seeing those big silver coins come out of the ground! WTG!!!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you minton!! Congrats on the big silver, you found a nice old place to find some great coins!

Nat

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Number two and counting....Keep at it. That is a way cool find! jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions