this might be a nice box from brinks

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran by a bank that orders boxes of halts regularly on my way to pick up my daughter. Yes they had a box so I took it of their hands.the teller opened it for me to see it and I spyed what looked like a silver half. I took it out to the car and eyeed four enders. There are six more on the bottom row.

ForumRunner_20130219_172200.png

Upvote 0

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That is going to be one fun box.
HH

OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First roll three 40%. No double enders so this will probably not be a monster of a box but one thing I know the last roll will have silver in it.
Hope you all are having a good day also

OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First roll three 40%. No double enders so this will probably not be a monster of a box but one thing I know the last roll will have silver in it.
Hope you all are having a good day also

Opened up 49 rolls picked up

92 40%
1 Benfranklin
1 Walker

Saving last ender roll for when I get home from work.
Probably not going to have time to pickup anything today and my next order comes in Friday.
It has been a pretty bad dry streak bad boxes both Loomis and Brinks, nothing showing up in teller trays, CWR dimes rolls that were short and zippo on war nickels that had been doing pretty nice for a while so this was a really nice change of pace.

My best box to date and I am not going to hold my breath waiting to beat it. At the very least since the last roll is an ender I will get 95 keepers

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's insane, around here Brinks switched to black wrappers but used olive wrappers a few months ago, could it be an older box? I have never seen a box with that many silvers in 500+ boxes.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great box! Still looking for one like that.

Congrats!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, must be refreshing. Im lucky to find ONE 40%er in a box for the past month or two

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a loaded box for sure. I'm hoping for a nice box tomorrow as well from a bank that I got 10 keepers from $300 in mwr's last week.....but I'm not expecting anything like yours.

If I were you I'd keep ordering boxes from that same bank to get all the silver I could.

H$H!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome haul.. I haven't gotten a box like that for awhile.. I love opening the other rolls that don't have enders... It makes you so curious as to what will be hidden inside since you know there will probably be silver in it..

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent box! Sounds like the Enders represented the box as a whole pretty well - 10 Enders should give up 100 silvers. Post some pics for us. Congrats on what is a once in a lifetime box for most of us!!

OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20130220_171947.png

Last roll had two 40%ers total 96 keepers.

15 of the first 25 (top rolls) contained silver. 23 of the bottom 25 rolls contained silver.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's insane, around here Brinks switched to black wrappers but used olive wrappers a few months ago, could it be an older box? I have never seen a box with that many silvers in 500+ boxes.

The company that delivers the coins is Garda, until recently they were ruffly cube boxes with yellow writing on them. For the last two weeks they have been in boxes with brown ink. When they switch back to the brown ink my first box had 19 clad proofs. They were nice but obviously no longer in proof condition, most were really nice however.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Too bad about just missing a dream box.
HH
enamel7

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thripp said:

I noticed the wrap switch about a month ago, the black wraps havent been as good. Aprox what part of the country are you in? Im in Illinois..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread