This site is not worth being part of

DanBama

Apr 4, 2010
N.E. Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far , I don't like the " New Tnet " . I guess I'll have to get used to it or move on .
Plenty of ways to kill a little time .

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stay out of it then, not your concern.

Dont know who pissed in your cheerios Cru.Moderators should delete this post. Doesnt look good for new members to see such a title for a post that was written by someone who should know better.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not keen on the new set up at all, I'll stick around a bit see how it goes, but I think members will drift away and I will be one of them.

SS

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We like constructive criticism, but just saying you don't like something doesn't help us fix it. Do you care to elaborate and let us know exactly what it is that you don't like?

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
All things considered, the site is not looking bad at all. Once adjustments and tweaks are completed, the "new" TN should honor Marc's original intent nicely. I'm hoping long time, highly regarded members give this
site an honest chance to flourish.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I resist change.

Unfortunately that's all I find.

Unfortunately that's the only constant in life :/ We've worked for months on this upgrade to make it as similar to the old one as possible and I'm confident after sometime you will find this layout very easy to use. We have a lot of work to do so that everyone has a place to come hangout, so please bear with us.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We like constructive criticism, but just saying you don't like something doesn't help us fix it. Do you care to elaborate and let us know exactly what it is that you don't like?
Well I don't like the fact I have lost 9 banner finds, what was wrong with the old set up, 25 replies to this thread, yet we have three pages:thumb_down:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
True, but it's going to happen because it's like losing an old friend and having to get to know a new one, so more than just Cru are going to be a little anxious.

Cru actually posted earlier about how to see the threads you replied to, and it seems it's not going to be the same.... which means when this place gets rockin (if it does) it seems like it will be near impossible to keep track of the threads you wanted to follow, or at least not as easy. Personally I think the T-net was perfect as it was, but it is what it is, and now this is it!

I agree with you IP, you can track your messages by going into your profile to change your settings, but I still didn't recieve my notification messages. What I also don't like is that the text blends in with the banner sign, making it seem you want to nominate something for banner.

Last edited:
N

natchitoches

i hate changes, why do people have to keep jacking with stuff.don't like the new site

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I don't like the fact I have lost 9 banner finds, what was wrong with the old set up, 25 replies to this thread, yet we have three pages:thumb_down:

The system is still updating and if they don't get added soon, then please let me know and I will manually get them added for you. This was also a glitch in the last system and why we wanted to upgrade. There was a major issue with the banner finds and we hope to streamline this process now were the system can add it automatically.

You can change the number of posts you would like to see per page under Settings > General Settings > Number of Posts to Show Per Page.

We limit it because there are some people on slow connections and if a whole page loads with a ton of photos it can break their page.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you IP, you can track your messages by going into your profile to change your settings, but I still didn't recieve my notification messages.

Did you go into your General Settings and change it to Instant Email Notification?

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hate changes, why do people have to keep jacking with stuff.don't like the new site

I've posted the security reasons and many others here and in several other threads.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately that's the only constant in life :/ We've worked for months on this upgrade to make it as similar to the old one as possible and I'm confident after sometime you will find this layout very easy to use. We have a lot of work to do so that everyone has a place to come hangout, so please bear with us.

I did and it began to work now, but I am not getting emails from the old posts that have been updated.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell this site will be just as good or probably better because if I ran it I would have just banned all of the people that are talking negatively and deleted this post but they didn't and are trying to work to get it right. It's been one whole day.... How about being just a little patient or better yet you got the talking part done now log off and find a better site but I bet you'll be back.... :icon_pirat:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The system is still updating and if they don't get added soon, then please let me know and I will manually get them added for you. This was also a glitch in the last system and why we wanted to upgrade. There was a major issue with the banner finds and we hope to streamline this process now were the system can add it automatically.

You can change the number of posts you would like to see per page under Settings > General Settings > Number of Posts to Show Per Page.

We limit it because there are some people on slow connections and if a whole page loads with a ton of photos it can break their page.
Well that last one seems a good idea for folks with slow links, I suppose I'm just old fashioned when it comes to changes...and lazy:happysmiley:

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did and it began to work now, but I am not getting emails from the old posts that have been updated.

Unfortunately this is not retroactive. It will only work going here forward :/ You can however go back into those old threads and post or manually subscribe to it by using the Thread Tools drop down that's located just above the first post on the page to the right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread