T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your positive attitude!! As the 'ol timers would say..." Give him some chickenpoop and he could make ya chicken salad!!":occasion14:
I find the occasional slow times a perfect opportunity to open another beer.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ^^^. Most people do not have FTTH (Fiber To The Home) and instead have fiber to a node out on the street or down the block somewhere. The rest is the same copper telephone lines that have been installed since the 40's-50's.

Worked for Centurytel/Centurylink for 6 years.....I can say as of a few months ago....60% of the phone calls in are people running XP or Vista with less than 2-4gb of ram and a single core processor. Ridiculous.

You can trumpet your ISP speeds all day....fact of the matter is most internet connections of today will easily load this website faster than many outdated computers can handle it. I will assume that many users are having PC issues and NOT network issues.

Clean you cache regularly
Run Chrome or Firefox with AdBlock
Run a decent free AV and Malwarebytes....run both weekly
Defrag that hard drive at least monthly

This website is pic and ad heavy and you need a capable PC to handle the internet of today with it's flashy graphics and picture heavy content.

Yep. I have a computer with vista, 4 gigs of ram, single core CPU. It crawls......
So it sits. Quad core CPU...Windows 7...(64 bit) 16 Gigs of memory, vid card. My charter 60 meg is SO much better then DSL, if you can switch!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you have some adware exploiting your browser. Try another browser or better yet another device.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I love your positive attitude!! As the 'ol timers would say..." Give him some chickenpoop and he could make ya chicken salad!!":occasion14:

I fermented chicken poop once. It had a great corn and bug taste, but the more I drank the more my head bobbed up and down. Odd...

If youse guy's are having a slow load, run something like SpeedTest and see if it's the site, or more likely, your connection.

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol.... guys I have been on the net since the BBS days...every other website I go to is lightning fast... all of them... only this site runs super slow.... the ads just start loading very slowly... I cannot even get my login typed in most times because of all of the ads and banners... I can click on the next site and it loads instantly... then click back here and back to slow motion... just saying...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol.... guys I have been on the net since the BBS days...every other website I go to is lightning fast... all of them... only this site runs super slow.... the ads just start loading very slowly... I cannot even get my login typed in most times because of all of the ads and banners... I can click on the next site and it loads instantly... then click back here and back to slow motion... just saying...

Did you clean your cookies.... Site is running fast for me and I am on old pc.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 mb speed here and page loads fine..2 or 3 seconds.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This site runs sooooooooooooo slow for me at times and I just QUIT! I run Webroot Anti-virus. Other sites and not near as slow as this one. It's like (I assume it's not true) that before I type ANYTHING it has to go to some other place before it can post. Then it freezes, logs out and I quit.

T.H..... I'm not saying anybody is being monitored by T-Net at all.... but it is aggravating at times that only this site I visit does it at times. Hell I don't know why.... maybe I need to get a new system...Brad

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just posted the above comment.... and instantly it froze me out!!!! The entire site wouldn't react to any click. I waited for 5-6 minutes and just "shut it down"... re-logged and posted this.

It is really aggravating and I truly enjoy the site and will still try and have a part of it.... Brad

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your browser or PC is doing that - you have an issue on your end. Unfortunately it does not matter if this one website does it. Whatever script error or ad is causing that crash - should not be. Check Windows updates...Browser updates...Java updates.

If it is happening only in IE reset it default settings and see if that fixes it. If that does not work try Google Chrome or Firefox with the AdBlock add-on to see if it stops.

Ads and scripts are a part of todays internet and unfortunately they can be resource hogs and can cause errors on some PC's that are not equipped to handle them such as Windows XP and early Windows Vista PCs.

If only a small percentage are reporting an issue while the majority are just fine and reporting no issues at all - there is really nothing TN can (or should) do about it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just posted the above comment.... and instantly it froze me out!!!! The entire site wouldn't react to any click. I waited for 5-6 minutes and just "shut it down"... re-logged and posted this.

It is really aggravating and I truly enjoy the site and will still try and have a part of it.... Brad
What operating system are you using to access TreasureNet? If your not using Firefox switch to it and see what it does...

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all the junk adds trying to upload. Once logged in not a problem here.

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is amazing that you guys don't get it! This is not our first rodeo! Have a brand new computer the fastest internet every site works perfectly fast except this one it's not on my end. I love this site its the best! But it's the slowest of every website currently. I know computers ... the mods should not worry about the people it works great for.. but for us that it doesnt... remember.. I want to come to this site 1st..

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the NSA computers are working just fine

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is amazing that you guys don't get it! This is not our first rodeo! Have a brand new computer the fastest internet every site works perfectly fast except this one it's not on my end. I love this site its the best! But it's the slowest of every website currently. I know computers ... the mods should not worry about the people it works great for.. but for us that it doesnt... remember.. I want to come to this site 1st..

It isn't the site... I also know computers...

I asked several times if you cleaned your cookies, also what browser are you using.......?

Are you logging in or staying logged in..? Log in and do not log out, if your seeing lots of ads your not logged in...

During the day I access this website from 3 different computers, a tablet and a smartphone with no issues. We have thousands accessing it daily and less than a handful complaining about speed..

Do a tracert to TreasureNet's IP and see where the lag is....

With that said, it has been reported to admins...

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not saying it's the case with your ISP, but 90% of folks think they are on a fiber internet source when in fact, it's usually copper or coax, at least from a node.

I have a couple sites that run slow, usually it's script running the background.

I am actually on fiber optics. Call us Gig city at up to 10 gig. If I slow down it is my computer. Clear all cookies and history do a restart. If that does not help see how much ram you are using.Also check and see if something is running in the back ground using resources and of course run a virus scan.
Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread