This site is now so slow? Why?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 60 meg cable internet that is super fast... In the last week this site has slowed to a crawl? It used to be very fast. All the other sites I go to are still fast. It must be all of the new advertising??? Its great to make money from the site, but not at the expense of the users... some days It take 3-4 minutes to go to 3 topics on this site, so I just move one. Please fix this on your end asap... I am sure other users are getting them same thing. I cant imagine how slow it would be with slow internet...

Thanks.... I love this site... Gary from Oregon...

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Site is still very fast-loading for me.

Whether I'm logged in (and not seeing ads,) or not logged in (and seeing ads).

Maybe it is on your end.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always has been a count of 5 on the initial connection. 75/75 connection but what verizon has for a pipe to the internet out side of their network is where things get slow..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It has not slowed down for me .. It works good & fast for me..

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes have issues with eBay and ESPN, but not TNet. Very fast for me...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problems here. Maybe your system is updating?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I find the occasional slow times a perfect opportunity to open another beer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the site, we would be getting dozens of reports. I access site using PC, tablet and smartphone and none are slow..

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this site runs better on google....hated it on explorer...but on google it runs fine

roberte94066

Jul 9, 2005
san bruno california
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola, tesoro sandshark, teknetics t2, minelab sovereign gt, whites 5000/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be stumbling a bit for me recently-using Safari here.

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I said... I have 60 meg cable internet.... every site is fast except this one??? No idea then.... Dang... love this site...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you flushed your cookies? If it was the site it would be slow for all...

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ads are loading very slow my page is loaded quick except for a few ads, which might not be the best written code I figure. HH

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This is what I think.. The Page loads fast but the big banner advertisement seems to slow down things. Since it works off your cookies from previous site visited it takes time for it to check and load. I've noticed at my place it stubbles but still fast to where it just noticeable. At my GF's she has Verizon which is a little slower then cable and it's noticeable slower. And I'm talking 4 seconds to load a page...which is not that bad but still the cooking reading by the browser slows things down.. Just a Guess

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not saying it's the case with your ISP, but 90% of folks think they are on a fiber internet source when in fact, it's usually copper or coax, at least from a node.

I have a couple sites that run slow, usually it's script running the background.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not saying it's the case with your ISP, but 90% of folks think they are on a fiber internet source when in fact, it's usually copper or coax, at least from a node.

I have a couple sites that run slow, usually it's script running the background.

This ^^^. Most people do not have FTTH (Fiber To The Home) and instead have fiber to a node out on the street or down the block somewhere. The rest is the same copper telephone lines that have been installed since the 40's-50's.

Worked for Centurytel/Centurylink for 6 years.....I can say as of a few months ago....60% of the phone calls in are people running XP or Vista with less than 2-4gb of ram and a single core processor. Ridiculous.

You can trumpet your ISP speeds all day....fact of the matter is most internet connections of today will easily load this website faster than many outdated computers can handle it. I will assume that many users are having PC issues and NOT network issues.

Clean you cache regularly
Run Chrome or Firefox with AdBlock
Run a decent free AV and Malwarebytes....run both weekly
Defrag that hard drive at least monthly

This website is pic and ad heavy and you need a capable PC to handle the internet of today with it's flashy graphics and picture heavy content.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread