sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know fellow diggers I have had a bout of depression because of no where to hunt anymore but when feeling the blues I can always chime in on some ones finds and it goes away even if only for a few minutes. First time in years having no where to dig and you never really know how much a hobby means to you until it disappears . I keep telling myself some one will call to say permission granted but until then I will keep thumbing thru the pages and looking at lifes great medicine , detecting finds. Moderator if this is under wrong topic please move .vanzutphen:sadsmiley:

Upvote 3

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No where to hunt?!?! Are you a meat hunter or trophy hunter?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone knows your pain. When that happens to me I just bang on peoples doors until somebody says yes. To detect, that is....

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all go through dry spell I have many doors slammed in my face no very few yes . :BangHead:

Last edited:

Pennypacker

Banned
May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW I hardly ever detect on private property, I wouldn't like the hobby so much if I relied on access to private land.

So unless detecting is banned altogether in MD, get out there! It's about freedom!
I see detecting spots on google maps, you have some parks and lots of river frontage to explore.

Use google Earth, you can go back to older images that shows the trees without leaves, so you can see the ground better, I'm sure there are some goodies on the south side of those tracks.

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man its so regulated where I live do to the ones who don't seem to care where rules are in place that every time you pull a detector you are a criminal. Just the other day asked homeowner for permission it was denied said there house was in the process of being remodeled and it was not a good time to ask. But after doing research on the property that there was no remodel planned part of property was sold for future development, hell I could have helped with perk holes they may have been small but it was a start. I mentioned this In another post that someone started a rumor that if homeowners allow a person to detect on there property that there homeowners insurance will be canceled and a fine will be in place for removing possible historic objects from the ground . I detect on the va side and whoever this nut is has hurt my chance of finding a spot to dig. . This is exactly why the property I detected on four 4 years and now have no place to detect is because the property owner believed this ##it.Soon or later there will be a day that if you are caught with a detector in your car or truck you will either be ticketed or have it confiscated . I would love to meet Anderson Coopers twin so I could tell where to go. I was told that the person or persons are archeologist so if so then there is the reason. Just venting friends ,vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread