This weekends detecting rain and sunshine, parks and schoolyards

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Hey all, we got to spend bout 6 hours out this weekend hit a few schools and and hit couple of parks too just to check things out. The kids here are finishing school next week so park detecting should pick up in a couple of weeks.
We got a late start to detecting yesterday afternoon after rain all morning kept us from getting out. So bobbie and I had a nice lunch out and as we were eating we noticed that the rain had stopped, there was still plenty of clouds but no rain. So it was time to bring out the detectors. First school yard produced some clad and then I thought I saw something shining reflecting swinging the detector over it produced a solid soft signal followed by a more scratchy signal it was the 10k chain with the number 1 daughter pendent on it which is 14k. Now a nice find no doubt but I ended up in doghouse as I had found it on bobbies side, tried to reason that it was all ours like she does with me , but she wasnt buying it. As she was sitting on the bench resting when I found it We hit a couple more spots for a little more clad before calling it a day as bobbie was tiring out. SHe still has a nasty cough that is making her rib areas sore. We came home to a power outage that lasted until close to 3:00 this am, good thing she wasnt still mad over that claim jumping incident. ;D . We headed back out this morning, The silver beads found by bobbie and the10k ballerina came from our 4th spot. The 2 silver rings came from a park that we only hunt maybe once a year. they were lying almost beside eachother behind 2 swings. I stayed very cognizant of my areas today so no doghouse for dave today. So for the weekend we endend up with $17.00 in clad bewtween us, 3 pieces of gold , 2 silver rings and some misc, also Bobbie added another Sac dollar to her collection and I found a wheat. Congrats to those that got out this weekend.
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• DSCF0785.JPG
    DSCF0785.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 350
Upvote 0

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Congrats on more excellent finds.Thanks for the inspiration....Joe

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Nice hunt! Good job on the gold and silver! I only got 35 cents this time. But at least i got out! :D

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow, great, glad to see you two got out,
and you had such a good day too,
nice haul, very inspiring!

Big smiles!
BDoo

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Rain or shine the worlds greatest detecting duo always comes through.Great job!
I'm glad bobbie is getting better and you made a nice weekend despite the weather.
HH!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
soft and solid then scrathy hu..hmmm ...good tip...hh cool find rah rah go team blah blah ;D

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am GREEN with envy. I am heading out detecting in about 2 hours and will use your post as inspiration. Great finds. ;D

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
WOW, is about all I can say. Since Bobbie will get to wear the claim jumped jewelry, it is probably going to be OK.

M

mchamby

Looks like you had a very good weekend indeed. I hope you learned your lesson Dave, never and I mean never invade another persons space unless invited. :D ;D ;). I'm glad the weather cleared for you, I hope it slacks off for awhile, I know I've seen enough. Have a good day and HH. :)
Mchamby

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
:) :) :) :) very nice to see you both are out and hittin the good stuff again,, it gives us hope ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread