Sep 16, 2013
Essex County NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
This Weekend's Estate Sale Finds CAUTION PIC HEAVY

Be prepared there is a lot of pictures

Warranted Superior Saw from the early 1900's I paid $1 for it and sold it on Ebay for $40
yCdeMGc.jpg

Disston Saw I don't know much about this one yet.
utoG2e5.jpg

This has to be my favorate book yet its from 1874 and its in perfect codition its called Miscellanies and its all about how the human brain operates. Paid 2$
lBjnigH.jpg

Navy Training manual from 1944 don't know much about it yet. Paid 75 cents
5SakdLd.jpg

Another navy manual paid 75 cents
5SakdLd.jpg

Navy fireman training manual paid 75 cents. Seems to sell for a lot of money on ebay?
yWPBgyo.jpg

Disston brand saw from 1850 paid $1 its worth $100 I think i am gonna keep this one.
CZrMvo6.jpg

A N64 paid $5 for 12 games, 2 controllers and the system. Worth about $230 on ebay.
5xHgbWl.jpg

A old language book from 1876
KFGcnZb.jpg

This is where things start to get interesting.

The Huguenot Family
This book was awarded to someone from the British school of hopwood and haywood for good conduct. It also has a really cool dry cleaning receipt inside the book from the era. Aswell as a 1894 Hoyts German Cologne Advertisement in the back. There is no date on it but i would say its from the 1890s's Paid 1$
O64GJ2b.jpg

7X8KbEZ.jpg

rRLc7wA.jpg

hDeLGPr.jpg

Dog Crusoe
This book has not date but I would assume it is from the same period as the others. It has a hand written marraige licence from 1850 in it along with a picture of a women and about 20 dried up leaves. Also it has what seems to be a receipt for 3.5 yards of fabric. Paid $1
jE4a13b.jpg

rAQmKFx.jpg

lwBK85o.jpg

AHBLdos.jpg

WqklRoC.jpg

Tried reading the marriage licence but I can't understand the hand writing.
HHxBQJC.jpg

Lothair Baconsfield paid $1
ugBEqTK.jpg

A book on gardening from 1854 this one is really cool paid $1
2bcvgix.jpg

This one is the oldest and the most destroyed I paid $1 for it as well It's called world to come. I like the rustic look of it though 1846
myuQHw9.jpg

8zDYqXg.jpg

This one is called Gems of Beauty paid $1 It is from 1851 the cover is coming off at the binding though.
rs16Vrk.jpg

This one isn't much but its still cool its an old calorie counter from 1931 its missing the dial.
LpweNLs.jpg

More in next post.

OP
OP
C

chrispl57

Greenie
Sep 16, 2013
Essex County NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
2 JZH Trivets from 1945-1950 both cast iron Paid $1 for both
Xbr3BvL.jpg

TPxJJeT.jpg

1949 Keds ad from a newspaper paid $1
fgocBsV.jpg

Vintage Christmas ornaments paid about 30 cents
ZjysC57.jpg

Vintage itiailan made kitchen sheers paid like 25 cents for them
sYLmVr3.jpg

And finally and old vintage frame paid I think 75 cents
QH8RcOi.jpg

If anyone knows the values of the books/there contents I would appreciate knowing more info about them.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Your value on the N64 stuff is way off. It will sell but not for anywhere near what you think.
The saws are cool but I have had several and again, they will sell but not for very much. Antique saw collectors want them in near mint condition.
The logo on the blade seems to be what determines their value more so than the handle. I did not look it up to confirm but I think your saws may be much later than you think.
Nice find nonetheless!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow...those pics are huge...

The saw marked "Warranted Superior" is actually a Disston saw. Disston made the WS saws for different markets, and sold those WS saws for a lower price than the saws with the Disston brand name.

The marriage certificate is cool. If I owned it, I would try to do a little research on the Mormon/Latter Day Saints genealogy site. I'd probably list it as an auction with a high starting point. Someone will want that paper. Make sure you list the family's last names in the ebay listing, and list it under the correct genealogy category.

The pruners, IMO, are worth about $2, which is exactly what I would try to sell them for at the flea market, but they would sit for eons at that price.

Nice picks overall.

OP
OP
C

chrispl57

Greenie
Sep 16, 2013
Essex County NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Your value on the N64 stuff is way off. It will sell but not for anywhere near what you think.
The saws are cool but I have had several and again, they will sell but not for very much. Antique saw collectors want them in near mint condition.
The logo on the blade seems to be what determines their value more so than the handle. I did not look it up to confirm but I think your saws may be much later than you think.
Nice find nonetheless!

The reason the N64 is worth so much is because I got ALOT of games and some of them are rare
Vanjo Kazooie - $18
Donkey Kong 64 - $16
Mario Kart - $30
Mario Party 3 - $40
Super Mario - $16
Zelda (not collectors )= ) - $20
Kirby - $18
Mario Tennis - $20
Yoshi Story - $15
and paper mario - 30
+ the system with 2 controllers

Just look at the Ebay sold =)

Also the same exact saw i have sold for $100 last week on ebay ( cant find one but this one also sold for alot:)
Wow...those pics are huge...

The saw marked "Warranted Superior" is actually a Disston saw. Disston made the WS saws for different markets, and sold those WS saws for a lower price than the saws with the Disston brand name.

The marriage certificate is cool. If I owned it, I would try to do a little research on the Mormon/Latter Day Saints genealogy site. I'd probably list it as an auction with a high starting point. Someone will want that paper. Make sure you list the family's last names in the ebay listing, and list it under the correct genealogy category.

The pruners, IMO, are worth about $2, which is exactly what I would try to sell them for at the flea market, but they would sit for eons at that price.

Nice picks overall.[/QUOTE]

Yea i read something the other day that said disston made 50% of the Warranted Superior Brand saws.
I was thinking about selling the marriage licence I just dont know what the value of a marriage licence that is handwritten.
Also I just bought the pruners because I thought they where cool was gonna sell them if they where worth anything if not I was gonna keep them.

Sorry about the image size i took them with my SLR and I thought the website cropped them. They appear small on my end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chrispl57

Greenie
Sep 16, 2013
Essex County NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
QxsHejJl.jpg

Also found these for $1 I know they are plug taps but i cant find many this old. They seem to sell for a lot on ebay. Also 3 of them are unused.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
As for the marriage certificate, I'd be inclined to do a $99 auction, and see what happens.

Anyone working genealogy for the families mentioned in that certificate would want it. If you'll do the research, I think it will help your auction.

Of course, your listing title needs to include the family names, date, etc. My listing would read "Original 1850 Marriage Certificate Smith and Jones Family History, Podunkville, VA Genealogy", or sumpin' like that.

I would also list it in the genealogy category.

FWIW, I've seen these MC sell for hundreds of dollars, and watched one sell for over $800.

If you were listing my grandparent's original MC, I'd pay $200 in a New York minute.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chrispl57

Greenie
Sep 16, 2013
Essex County NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
As for the marriage certificate, I'd be inclined to do a $99 auction, and see what happens.

Anyone working genealogy for the families mentioned in that certificate would want it. If you'll do the research, I think it will help your auction.

Of course, your listing title needs to include the family names, date, etc. My listing would read "Original 1850 Marriage Certificate Smith and Jones Family History, Podunkville, VA Genealogy", or sumpin' like that.

I would also list it in the genealogy category.

FWIW, I've seen these MC sell for hundreds of dollars, and watched one sell for over $800.

If you were listing my grandparent's original MC, I'd pay $200 in a New York minute.

I will definitely have to look up more info about it when I have free time. Maybe over this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions