This weekend's pottery and a flint tip

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been fun finding larger pottery shards than I normally do and everyone knows I rarely find stone artifacts but today I found a pretty little tip of something and the way it's broke on the side makes me think it maybe from a knife or blade, it's super thin too. Found this yesterday when I raked thru some sand in a sand/pebble bar, I think it's a rim. Outside view WP_20180224_002.jpg Inside view WP_20180224_003.jpg

Here are today's finds including the one from yesterday for size comparison. I used the inside part of today's pottery for the background of the broken tip.
WP_20180225_001.jpg WP_20180225_003.jpg other side of the tip WP_20180225_004.jpg

Better pics of the flint:
Flint 1.jpg Flint 3.jpg Flint 4.jpg Flint 5.jpg Flint 6.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds that worked piece is really nice what’s the bottom look like ?weird how the one corner is worked all the way down ,like you said prob broken knife and than made into something else , sweet material

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds that worked piece is really nice what’s the bottom look like ?weird how the one corner is worked all the way down ,like you said prob broken knife and than made into something else , sweet material

The bottom looks broke off, I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow in natural light. This is going to be one of those that I hope the rest of it washes out at some point lol

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good finds this week. I wonder if everybody is getting the warm trend like me and lots of rain?
That flint looks like a good quality material shame its missing the base.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread