This weeks Silver finds

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
Well this week I did my normal Tuesday Thursday pickup boxes but also managed to find a halve bag that held 937.50 in coin that had been sitting in their vault untouched for about 5 years. So the head clerk told me.

Tuesday

Dime box 1 - Nadda

Dime box 2 -
3- rosies
1- merc
1942 (someone took a hot point to it and burned a hole in the top. Err)

Half box 1 -
1 - 1966

Half box 2 - nadda

Half box 3 - nadda

937.50 in bagged coins -
19 - 40%er

1 - 65
4 - 66
5 - 67
5 - 68
3 - 69
oh yeah and one more
1 - 70d (3 1970es on the year now... 1-70s...2-70d

15 - 90%ers

14 - 64
and my first ever
2000s Silver proof

Found 2 more Proofs in great shape
2001s (clad)
1977s (clad)

Also in this bag were ten big surprises
9 - Susan b Anthony dollars
1 - Sack A Joe E A ( I can't spell but I bet it looks something like that)

Thursday

Teller tray - I saw 2 discolored nicks in the tray and asked about them first one was a whatever but the other one was a 1943p. I felt kinda bad about taking this one though because this guy is pretty cool and I told him what it was after I had already boughten it. The bank manager asked my how much it was worth and I was like 50cents or so while there was a group of workers hanging out and talking with me. Everyone at this bank knows what I do and there is also at least 1 other guy doing the same thing at this bank too.

Dime box 1 - nadda

Dime box 2 - nadda (Err I hate getting skunked on dime boxes)

Half box 1 - nadda

Half box 2 -

4 - 40%ers
1 - 90%ers

As I was doing my dime boxes my mother was counting her coins for a Vegas trip coming up. I heard that awesome clank and looked up I asked what that was she said just a half dollar. I asked to look at it and it was a 1968. When I told her it was silver she told me it wasn't so I said okay let me have it. lol. I laughed at her and gave her one of my other half dollars.

Friday -
Got my poker check in from my on-line poker site so took it to the bank and picked up a box of nickles and took the rest to another pickup bank that I just opened up last month to pad my account.

Nickle box - still have 10 rolls to go through still but..

1 - 1943 p

Overall not to bad but my boxes are poorly producing for now. I hope it gets better.
HH,
Frank

Upvote 0

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
the last few weeks it seams like my mickle and dime boxes have been sucking as well.. Let's hope they get better!

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Awesome bag Tank , damn a little of everything in there. A 70-D is always super and so are those silver proofs ... plus all the other silver u found and and misc. coin , congrats Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread