This Weeks Totals...

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.. I haven't posted in awhile, so I figured I would post the totals for this week.. Here ya go and thanks for lookin.... Until the next box...

4 Boxes of Halves- Skunks for silver, but I managed to pull 3 proofs.. (83,82,71,92)

10 Boxes of Dimes - 3 Mercs (35s, 44, 42) 6 Rosies (2x64,61,59,57,56) and a 1968 50% canadian...

Attachments

• IMG_dimesss.jpg
    IMG_dimesss.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job CC, I'd like to increase my dimes but, I just cant seem to get any in boxes so I gave up on them for now. The last 2 weeks before I searched 10 boxes of halves each week, 9 in a row would be skunks and the 10th would produce, it was 2 weeks like that for me so don't get discouraged with the 4 skunks. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job CC, I'd like to increase my dimes but, I just cant seem to get any in boxes so I gave up on them for now. The last 2 weeks before I searched 10 boxes of halves each week, 9 in a row would be skunks and the 10th would produce, it was 2 weeks like that for me so don't get discouraged with the 4 skunks. HH, Maverick.

Thanks Maverick I appreciate it.. Including these totals, I am up to 9 boxes of skunks.. Hopefully that 10th has some Ag... I think we have talked about this earlier, but I have much better luck with dimes than halves.. I continue to do more dimes, just because the numbers are so much better. All the skunks with halves wear me out, so its nice to have some small silvers flowing in while I wait for a good half box.. :occasion14: hear is to good numbers next week for both of us.... HH

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey CC, ya I remember you telling me that, and I know dimes are probably way easier to dump also. I just go with the halves because they do better here, if I could get good results from dimes I'd be hitting them hard too. And yes, hope we have some great numbers next week too! HH, Maverick.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ColonialCravings said:
Thanks pal... I love pullin those mercs.. Still lookin for my first barber...

Keep searching and you will. I found my first barber dime this week in a MWR box. ;-)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job CC, waaay better than my week!!! keep up the search,
hhbuff

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
The 1968 canadian's are 50%...I checked conflation and melt was 3 cents. I sure hope not because I ran across 2 today and threw them back. :/

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There is the 99% nickel variations as well as the 50% silver version in 68'. A magnet is the only way to tell the difference..

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Dime haul! I got 3 this week from one box! Been getting regular proof Kennedy's, too!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1968 canadian's are 50%...I checked conflation and melt was 3 cents. I sure hope not because I ran across 2 today and threw them back. :/

Some 1968 are silver and some are not. The easiest way to tell is non-magnetic = silver. Silver also looks darker from toning usually, but that isn't a fool proof way to test.

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some 1968 are silver and some are not. The easiest way to tell is non-magnetic = silver. Silver also looks darker from toning usually, but that isn't a fool proof way to test.

Yup... I feel like i am finally getting to the point where I can tell the difference just in the toning on the coin.. Before this year I never really got any canadians, clad or silver.. Granted I wasn't doing nearly as many dimes, but obviously it seems like most people find a lot.. Weird that I had rarely ever seen them before this summer.. Either way.. I find tons of clad now..

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialCravings said:
Yup... I feel like i am finally getting to the point where I can tell the difference just in the toning on the coin.. Before this year I never really got any canadians, clad or silver.. Granted I wasn't doing nearly as many dimes, but obviously it seems like most people find a lot.. Weird that I had rarely ever seen them before this summer.. Either way.. I find tons of clad now..

Funny you say that about the toning. I have a 1968 Canadian dime that looks like silver in all respects, rainbow toning and all but the darn thing sticks to a magnet! I almost didn't bother to check because the color was so convincing.

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you say that about the toning. I have a 1968 Canadian dime that looks like silver in all respects, rainbow toning and all but the darn thing sticks to a magnet! I almost didn't bother to check because the color was so convincing.

I have actually had the opposite happen once.. Since I have now started getting a lot of canadians, I just put them aside and run a magnet over all of them before I throw them in them in the bag.. I was about to toss a batch in the bag, but when I looked at a 68 and realized it looked like silver, It reminded me that i forgot to magnet test them.. Glad I did because it was a keeper..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread