NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it will slow down a little with waters getting colder around New England
but I hopefully will still get out a dozen or so more times before the end of the year
but here is a pic of this years gold - most of it is "old" gold - or older gold
very few fresh drops in there (some gold earrings are missing from the pic)

DSC00378.JPG

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Thank you for sharing.
Happy hunting next years.

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Your GOLD is out weighing your SILVER by almost two to one...great ratio....and it's adding up.....good hunting season....

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That can melt into a nice car or truck !!!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good!!

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some really cool finds.......did you weigh it all?

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
You are having an impressive year and the stories of so many of those hunts you have shared with the readers on this sight. Thanks so much.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
WOW. I knew you were knocking it out of the park, but that is huge. You must have had just the right movement of sand to uncover all that old gold. Best I can tell, that sand has all moved into my area, because the sand is much deeper than normal around here. Papa

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow!! I wish my years gold looked like that. Those are some amazing finds!!!!

bn81159

Jul 2, 2012
Boca Raton
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur 1000,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Hi Casper-2, congratulations on your excellent finds this year.

I do have a question. Are those water finds or a mixture dry sand and water?

Barry

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my gold this year is from in the water - all from saltwater
no land - no dry sand - no wet sand

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:goldbar::goldbar::goldtrophy::goldtrophy::goldtrophy::goldtrophy::goldtrophy::goldtrophy::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::tchest::weee:WTG,,WOW,congrats to you & so happy for you,all your learning ability pays off:icon_thumright:I hope to get in the water like you & Wydah,,HH:hello:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice Casper, Congrads on all...........And encouraging to see, I have several old beach's here in the Chesapeake Bay, retiring in Janurary. Hope I will do half of that amount. I'm planning a trip up your way, sure would like to stop in and watch/video a few hunts of yours and Whydal's....

bangas26

Sep 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like one heck of a HAUL!! bigger question, have you tried to find/contact any of the "Class Ring, Military Ring or College Ring" owners? Congrats on a great season!!!!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thought on returning rings. Ive returned 4 this year not many compared to others and cant tell you how many returns on the beach while hunting. Ive noticed more and more people seeking me out to find their lost stuff. Returns are great press for our hobby as opposed to always reading some one didnt fill their holes. There is a down side im finding. More people out there looking for rings find us and now there are web sites where hunters get paid to find the rings. More and more posts asking for help to find rings and people checking out our finds to see if we have their rings. Im even getting other hunters come up to me saying they are looking for a rind did i find it. If my wife lost her $10,000 ring id sure be looking her. These could sure lead to scams and another reason NOT to show your finds on the beach. So if you post an expensive honey of a ring id say be willing to give it back.... because someone might just ask in the future.

Dew

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
My thought on returning rings. Ive returned 4 this year not many compared to others and cant tell you how many returns on the beach while hunting. Ive noticed more and more people seeking me out to find their lost stuff. Returns are great press for our hobby as opposed to always reading some one didnt fill their holes. There is a down side im finding. More people out there looking for rings find us and now there are web sites where hunters get paid to find the rings. More and more posts asking for help to find rings and people checking out our finds to see if we have their rings. Im even getting other hunters come up to me saying they are looking for a rind did i find it. If my wife lost her $10,000 ring id sure be looking her. These could sure lead to scams and another reason NOT to show your finds on the beach. So if you post an expensive honey of a ring id say be willing to give it back.... because someone might just ask in the future.

Dew

Well said and put, they would still have to prove they lost the item / ring.... that's exactly why I never say if it does have any inscriptions at all or dates ... just another thought... what if you already sold it for scrap... then what... what a can of worms we have opened....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread