Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if there was a fight going on for the last 100 years over who gets all the treasure. That possibility could explain why there has been so much problems with finding out who the TJB was.

In the first place poe if I had deciphered the Beale Codes and it told me where the treasure was located, I would dig up the treasure and not worry about Thomas J. Beale or any of his associates. That is the reason no one can believe that Jean Laf, Lagrand, Will Smith or anyone has deciphered the codes, if they had they would dig up the treasure and keep their mouth shut.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if there was a fight going on for the last 100 years over who gets all the treasure. That possibility could explain why there has been so much problems with finding out who the TJB was.

First, with so much claimed information out there in regards to this mystery I think you have to decide just what, and how much of each, you want to believe.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, with so much claimed information out there in regards to this mystery I think you have to decide just what, and how much of each, you want to believe.

Question, is there documents that prove a death of Beale Sr in 1823? Is it possible that once Beale Sr was dead they found out that the property was in Jr's name who died in 1820 and started a probate on Jr there afterwards?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question, is there documents that prove a death of Beale Sr in 1823? Is it possible that once Beale Sr was dead they found out that the property was in Jr's name who died in 1820 and started a probate on Jr there afterwards?

I can tell you that certain aspects of that entire estate mess indicate that it was Jr. who established the Planters and Merchant Hotel and not Sr., this after Sr. had conveyed the Uptown Plantation to Jr. Personally, I'm satisfied that Sr. died in 1820 and Jr. in 1823. But I don't really think it matters, the real point being that both were indeed dead. I think the notion that the courts and everyone involved got it all wrong is quite the stretch.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Personally, I'm satisfied that Sr. died in 1820 and Jr. in 1823. But I don't really think it matters, the real point being that both were indeed dead. I think the notion that the courts and everyone involved got it all wrong is quite the stretch.
So is every Beale researcher except for those who continue to maintain that Thomas Beale Sr wrote and sent letters from St Louis in 1822 to Robert Morriss of Lynchburg.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is every Beale researcher except for those who continue to maintain that Thomas Beale Sr wrote and sent letters from St Louis in 1822 to Robert Morriss of Lynchburg.

Might not have been Sr? But I also think that most who are familiar with this mystery have come to terms with recognizing the deceptions and inaccuracies in those alleged letters. I doubt there are very many folks out there that still take them or their alleged claims at face value.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The entire Beale story and treasure is based on those letters.
If the letters are not real, what does that say about the rest of the presented story?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The entire Beale story and treasure is based on those letters.
If the letters are not real, what does that say about the rest of the presented story?

Well, in a nutshell, that is the mystery, isn't it.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Coach traveling the Blue Ridge Mountains via Upper Goose Creek, with a signs on both sides... MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR. In the creek near where OLD Walnut Grove Church WAS... BIG old rock in the middle of GOOSE CREEK "was the final location of the BEALE TREASURE", according to WT Wright, Mountain Man/CSA Sentinel/Tour Guide... taking a swig from his Mason Jar of Bee Ale... :laughing7:

Last edited:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you that certain aspects of that entire estate mess indicate that it was Jr. who established the Planters and Merchant Hotel and not Sr., this after Sr. had conveyed the Uptown Plantation to Jr. Personally, I'm satisfied that Sr. died in 1820 and Jr. in 1823. But I don't really think it matters, the real point being that both were indeed dead. I think the notion that the courts and everyone involved got it all wrong is quite the stretch.

Then this is Cap Beale? 1820 Death
1474749782813.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread