Thomas J. Beall

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the time speculating in the wrong direction. You will never find any treasure let alone the Beale Treasure.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
All the time speculating in the wrong direction. You will never find any treasure let alone the Beale Treasure.

No Worries, I am moving into full investigative mode on this topic . There are no other names on my list of targets, Captain Thomas J Beale Sr will be the new focus of my next research blitz .

I have asked for information on the death but it seems there is nothing new just the same old song and dance that I have seen in my preliminary research .

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
He is not Thomas J. Beale of the Beale Papers. How could he when that Thomas Beale died September, 1820? Further when you get different documents to verify a name, you have to be sure they are talking about the same person. The Thomas Beale in New Orleans is not the same Thomas Beale on the Smyrna going down the Ohio River. That was Captain Thomas J. Beall from Bealltown, PA. Also the Thomas Beale in the Franklin, Missouri Intelligenser was the same Thomas Beale from Bealltown, PA on his way up to Fort Armstrong, Illinois where he died...
The author of the Beale Papers gave a long description of Thomas Beale as being six feet, long black hair with black eyes, symmetrical, swarthy, a manly beauty with extraordinary strength.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Worries, I am moving into full investigative mode on this topic . There are no other names on my list of targets, Captain Thomas J Beale Sr will be the new focus of my next research blitz .

I have asked for information on the death but it seems there is nothing new just the same old song and dance that I have seen in my preliminary research .

I think folks are still completely stumped at your continued use of the "Captain Thomas J. Beale Sr." which is, thus far, a title and identification that has never existed in any type of official/reliable documented form. So how can you place full "research blitz" on someone that has no record of existence? Just once I'd like to see that official document that you keep referencing that clearly displays this, "Captain Thomas J. Beale Sr."

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think folks are still completely stumped at your continued use of the "Captain Thomas J. Beale Sr." which is, thus far, a title and identification that has never existed in any type of official/reliable documented form. So how can you place full "research blitz" on someone that has no record of existence? Just once I'd like to see that official document that you keep referencing that clearly displays this, "Captain Thomas J. Beale Sr."

No one has proved him dead for the 1820 date they keep talking about . Sounds like a fail to me but we shall see .

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one has proved him dead for the 1820 date they keep talking about . Sounds like a fail to me but we shall see .

The 1820 date isn't even a factor, an entirely different issue. The real issue is that he was clearly dead and his estate was being executed and contested while your #1 suspect was clearly and very visibly alive and well. This is the issue, not the exact date of Fincastle Beale's death. No way that such a visible and well known individual escaped detection as his estate was being executed and hotly contested and dragged out. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Another issue is the six foot height. In 1820, the average height in America was 5'6".
Do any of the many Beales presented meet the description in the Beale pamphlet?
...and symmetrical, why was that included in the description? No one is symmetrical.
A very curious mention.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1820 date isn't even a factor, an entirely different issue. The real issue is that he was clearly dead and his estate was being executed and contested while your #1 suspect was clearly and very visibly alive and well. This is the issue, not the exact date of Fincastle Beale's death. No way that such a visible and well known individual escaped detection as his estate was being executed and hotly contested and dragged out. :thumbsup:

I have looked at all the estate papers for the 1823, they all are for Jr with all assets going back to Sr with no probate for Sr . He had a lot of cash on him in 1819 more then a 1/4 of a million dollars in fact . How much is that in our time 380,000 dollars in 1820 to now ??

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have looked at all the estate papers for the 1823, they all are for Jr with all assets going back to Sr with no probate for Sr . He had a lot of cash on him in 1819 more then a 1/4 of a million dollars in fact . How much is that in our time 380,000 dollars in 1820 to now ??

Well that is enough for one half of the Beale Treasure where is the other half? If TJB Sr. amassed that much cash in a little over ten years then he must have been partners with Pirate Jean Lafitte?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hmmm... Let's "ponder" on that a bit; Tom Beale, Sr. & Jean (& "Bros"), PROBABLY knew each other during the War of 1812. Jean's BLACK SMITH Shop was known as THE TEMPLE, where "the Crew" stashed & "refined" their stuff from their RAIDS, (It still stands today, as a RESTAURANT, I think). MAYBE "Sr." & Jean (& "Crew") were DRINKING BUDDIES at Sr.'s Tavern... dunno. "PASS da GROG & BEE ALE here, Mates!" NOW! MAYBE, Capt. Paschal Buford & Maj. James Beverly Risque, AND! Gen. Andrew Jackson joined 'em... (Singing...) "99 Bottles of Grog on the wall... 99 Bottles of Grog... take one down, pass it around; 98 Bottles of Grog, on the wall...". Heh! :tongue3: :laughing7:

Last edited:

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What did he do with that much cash in 1819?
190,000 could have financed a recovery attempt for the gold of Remy's.

190,000 in 1820 is worth about 3.2 mill today that's a lot of supplies and horses.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did he do with that much cash in 1819?
190,000 could have financed a recovery attempt for the gold of Remy's.

190,000 in 1820 is worth about 3.2 mill today that's a lot of supplies and horses.

I don't think Thomas J. Beale Sr. would have had that much money? First he sold his assets to his son TJB Jr., most likely to keep from losing it for taxes or to keep it from someone he owed. No I do not think he had that much money? If he did prove it by Court Probate?

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Thomas J. Beale Sr. would have had that much money? First he sold his assets to his son TJB Jr., most likely to keep from losing it for taxes or to keep it from someone he owed. No I do not think he had that much money? If he did prove it by Court Probate?

There is a mortgage he made just before he sold it to Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread