Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just returned from a short trip to Thomasville, GA to attend a wedding. We always love touring around the old part of town. Needless to say, it rained the whole time...just a few pics of the oldest live oak tree east of the Mississippi River. The pics do not do any justice...it's hard to get a good pic of the whole tree.

p4050225 (2).jpg

p4050226 (2).jpg

p4050227 (2).jpg

http://www.thomasvillega.com/index.php?page_id=91

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That thing is enormous! :o Glad to see you are home safe again! Missed ya! Hope you had a great time other than that rain thing! :wink: Welcome home!!

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Very cool tree,don't you wish that tree could talk and tell you all that it has seen.Iowa puts out a magazine called Outdoor Iowa and a while back they had an article about old Oak trees in the state. Some of them are really old.They said now days the forests are to over grown and it makes it hard for the Oaks to get started like they use to. It was a very interesting article. To me the Oaks are a really fascinating tree.
Van

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing, that's an awesome sight.

Fossis.............

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG!! that thing is amazing! I had no idea oaks could get that big. do they know how old it is? I am sending the pix to friends. thanx for posting this.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! that tree is just beautiful! Glad you brought your rained soaked selves home love the pic! Hope ya'll had a wonderful time!

levis_dad

Jun 3, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Detector(s) used
BH Landstar
Hey, I have had more than 1 picnic by that same tree. It is pretty ironic, I was watching a PBS show yesterday and they did a special segment about The Big Oak in Thomasville. Something tells me it about time for a visit to my old stomping ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread