Those that have been scammed..

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Carl-NC said:
EddieR said:
Yes. I still have the Lectra Search. I'm not sure of the model number right off hand....I'm at work and my Lectra is at home. It's the model with a double antenna on the front.

Probably a model X-100. I have one of those. Ever looked inside to see how it's made?

Nope. I don't care what's inside it. But just for the record, I've never opened up any of my detectors either.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:
Nope. I don't care what's inside it. But just for the record, I've never opened up any of my detectors either.

Suppose you bought a $1000 metal detector, and no matter what you did it would not beep when you waved a silver dollar right in front of the coil? Out of curiosity, you open the box and discover that there is an unconnected scrap circuit board inside (from a guitar amp, no less), and the battery is just connected directly to the meter so it moves when you turn the unit on. How would you feel about that $1000 metal detector?

In any case, when I get back to work I will dig up my X-100, and post a photo of what's inside.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Carl-NC said:
EddieR said:

Suppose you bought a $1000 metal detector, and no matter what you did it would not beep when you waved a silver dollar right in front of the coil? Out of curiosity, you open the box and discover that there is an unconnected scrap circuit board inside (from a guitar amp, no less), and the battery is just connected directly to the meter so it moves when you turn the unit on. How would you feel about that $1000 metal detector?

In any case, when I get back to work I will dig up my X-100, and post a photo of what's inside.

Carl, you miss the point entirely. I don't CARE what's inside. It works for me. That's all that matters.

Now, the skeptics big beef seems to be that "the devices do not work as claimed". Okay. What is being claimed?

The makers of the devices claim to find certain objects, right? Okay, so do the makers of metal detectors. "Find coins, relics, and jewelry" and so on. So based on that, imagine this scenario: I go detecting at a school, but only find some pull tabs and junk. Then another detectorist comes along after me and finds a few coins. Did my machine work as the makers claimed? Nope. Somebody found targets that the makers of my machine said I would find while I didn't find what the makers of my machine said I would find. And I know the targets were there, somebody dug them up with me watching. Isn't this pretty much the same as what the skeptics arguement is based on?

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Dell Winders said:
Carl-NC said:
EddieR said:

Hey, I've seen a lot of fifty cent Chinese components in a number of $1,000 metal detectors. Heck, I have a metal detector that sold through Kellyco, for $10,500, and it has a lot of cheap parts in it. Of course, I only paid $8,000 for it .

How many 20 cent resistors are you responsible for putting in White's nearly $1,000 metal detectors? Do you work for Free ??? Or, does what White's pay you go into the cost of the detector ??? If so, Shame on you for ripping off Whites customers with your personal labor charge.

Is the cost of other employees salaries, R&D, manufacturing, electricity, telephone, taxes, insurance, printing, advertising, transportation, and a host of other expenses, included in the price of that $1,000 detector, or is that all Free ??? Is their the distributors, and Sales merchant, discounts added in the price of the Metal detectors you represent ???

No responsible manufacturer after spending all the time and money to develop could never maintain a market, or a good reputation, if the product never worked at all, as you seem to claim about Dell's products, and others.

The electronics and meter on the Lectra-search, are a deceptive fasod, added to extract an inflated price for the product. This too often happens,but that is not to say it doesn't work at all. On the contrary, KK clearly stated that is what he used to find the ring. Case closed for rational thinking. No third degree questioning required.

A few years ago I was at Kellyco when they were opening the overseas mail that came in. Three of the letters in one day included photo's of some magnificent Gold artifacts, and gratitude from the purchasers of LRL's, from Kellyco.

Too many big treasures have been recovered with the aid of an LRL, and discoveries made with LRL for you to put Dell, out of business and stop the manufacturing. The precedent for finding, has been established and much of your efforts to stop people from exercising their own good judgement whether to purchase an LRL, is a futile exercise.

So Carl, if you enjoy searching for Treasure, as I do, and you want to have a bit of an edge, I would suggest you give up this pretend scientist farce, and devote a bit of your time learning to use one of the many LRL's you claim to own. Any idiot can remove a few screws to open up an LRL, take a picture, and claim to the world that they don't work because you can't understand how they can, therefore nobody can learn to use them. you can't get any more prejudiced than that. Dell

Dell, a slight correction....I am the one who found my ring with a LRL, not KK.

Now, on with the show! You mean to tell me that Carl works for Whites? Geez, now I understand all the skepticism. Job security! :laughing9: :laughing7:

Carl, you guys do make some awesome machines! Keep up the good work! :icon_thumleft:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Dell Winders said:
OOPS! Sorry!

Carl's job with Whites, is recent. Carl, has been serving Randi, and the Skeptc agenda against me for 15 years. There are possible consequences for him to face, if he were to now admit that he has been untruthful about my honesty, and the LRL's I make, in his efforts to put me out of business, and destroy my lively hood.

Whites, are friends and it would be difficult for me to believe they would have anything to do with Carl's, skeptic agenda.

I'm surprised that Carl, values his job so little that he continues to serve the Skeptic agenda with his form of harassment of LRL proponents. Unfortunately, Just as you mistakenly assumed by association, I'm fearful that others will have the same mistaken impression, and Carl's, actions will be construed as a reflection against Whites Electronics, merely because he now works there. I sure don't want this to happen.

So please, Let me make it absolutely clear. To my knowledge, Carl's, agenda, attitude, or actions, DO NOT, in any way, reflect the attitude, or intentions of Whites Electronics, to discredit Dell Winders, as an LRL manufacturer, and put me out of business. As far as I know, Carl, is solely responsible for his own actions. Carl's, new job working for Whites Electronic's, does not justify his pursuing an unscrupulous Skeptic agenda, nor should his employment by Whites Electronics, be a reflection on White's management. Carl, is no doubt electronically qualified for the Job, or they would not have hired him. Dell
Yikes!!! Sorry to have opened this can of worms! Your message is loud and clear....The company has nothing to do with this.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
This is a funny place…448 viewers and 71 posts to this thread. Not one person has stepped forward to complain about being scammed. Just the same old antidotal tales being told….Where are the thirty guys who gave Carl the LRL’s that would not work . I want to hear their story not a bunch of tales from people with an agenda…Come on guys ….set up at the plate….Art

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
This is a funny place…448 viewers and 71 posts to this thread. Not one person has stepped forward to complain about being scammed. Just the same old antidotal tales being told….Where are the thirty guys who gave Carl the LRL’s that would not work . I want to hear their story not a bunch of tales from people with an agenda…Come on guys ….set up at the plate….Art

To tell ya the truth, I kinda been wondering the same thing too. Where are the hundreds (or thousands) of people who have gotten scammed by the makers of the LRL's? So far it seems to be several users that say they have had positive results and they do work versus several people that say they can't work....because....because....well....ummm....they just can't, due to the fact that if they did work they would be violating laws that are known to electrical engineers and rocket scientists. Problem is....they HAVE worked. I cannot vouch for the others experiences on this forum, as I don't know them, but I know what I experienced. The LRL worked, plain and simple.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too many people visit this forum, and those who have had past bad experiences and moved on, certainly aren't likely to be here. I have emails from maybe 40-50 people who bought an LRL and wished they had not.

Eddie, obviously you are pleased with the performance of your LRL as you found the ring you were looking for. Are you continuing to use it?

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Carl-NC said:
Not too many people visit this forum, and those who have had past bad experiences and moved on, certainly aren't likely to be here. I have emails from maybe 40-50 people who bought an LRL and wished they had not.

Eddie, obviously you are pleased with the performance of your LRL as you found the ring you were looking for. Are you continuing to use it?

I haven't used it in a long time, although I do still have it. There is a very good reason for this. I enjoy metal detecting! As you can see under my avatar, I have quite a few machines, and being the owner of a pizza shop I work 7 days a week, so what little time I can get I want to do something I enjoy.

I do have a couple of leads to some good sized caches that I am pursuing, so if I can determine them to have any truth to them I will use it then. It's just slow-go.

By the way....in an earlier post (maybe even another thread) someone said that the users of LRL's just wanted to justify spending a lot of money for their LRL's, thats why we argue so vehemently about them. Well, I didn't spend a lot on mine. The fellow that I got mine from gave it to me. He said he had gotten all he needed with it, and wanted to pass it on.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:
Well, I didn't spend a lot on mine. The fellow that I got mine from gave it to me.

If you're going to get an LRL, that's certainly the best way to get one!

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
EddieR said:
Carl-NC said:

I haven't used it in a long time, although I do still have it. There is a very good reason for this. I enjoy metal detecting! As you can see under my avatar, I have quite a few machines, and being the owner of a pizza shop I work 7 days a week, so what little time I can get I want to do something I enjoy.

I do have a couple of leads to some good sized caches that I am pursuing, so if I can determine them to have any truth to them I will use it then. It's just slow-go.

By the way....in an earlier post (maybe even another thread) someone said that the users of LRL's just wanted to justify spending a lot of money for their LRL's, thats why we argue so vehemently about them. Well, I didn't spend a lot on mine. The fellow that I got mine from gave it to me. He said he had gotten all he needed with it, and wanted to pass it on.

The guy I got mine from did very well with it. So well, in fact that he retired at age 47. That's why he gave it to me. He spent several days working with me to be sure I knew how to use it.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Over the last 10 years I have had 100’s of e-mails with questions about using LRL’s….The main thing that stands out to me is the lack of instructions…Most I have saw are very poor. They tell you how to use them but practice is not mentioned very much. They show you how to follow the signal but a diagram is not the only thing that is needed. That is the hard part of locating..Knowing how to deal with stray and natural signals also is important. I know a lot of people disagree with me about the length of the rods but I will stick to my method…I know that my son was always 2 ½ feet from the target when his rods closed. Makes for a big big hole…Knowing how to correct this is important…So if any one out there is having problems e-mail me and I will try to help…Art

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
SWR said:
EddieR said:
EddieR said:
Carl-NC said:

The guy I got mine from did very well with it. So well, in fact that he retired at age 47. That's why he gave it to me. He spent several days working with me to be sure I knew how to use it.

Pizza...lucky dog :tongue3:

What is the possibility, in regards to finding your lost ring...that you retraced your footsteps and saw the ring sitting on top of the ground? Obviously, your ring wasn't buried. You already knew the general location, didn't you?

No possibility whatsoever. First of all....I had been all over the field several times. Second of all....it was a 10 acre field. Third of all, when I did find the ring, it wasn't visible to the eye until I got down on my knees and moved the loose hay out of the way. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
We are now at 81 post and 618 views….Right now we have three happy LRL users, 5 experts on LRL’s that have never used one and no one that has been scammed.. I have been put a lot of information on this board that could be useful to the present owners of LRL’s and future owners of LRL’s. I have put information on how to find out if you can use the rods before you buy, How to give yourself a little experience before you buy one( use a cell phone or calculator) and some of the flaws in these types of units..I am always available to answer questions. I prefer e-mails over PMs….Happy hunting…Art
P.S…I guess this makes me one of those scam salesmen..

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
We are now at 81 post and 618 views….Right now we have three happy LRL users, 5 experts on LRL’s that have never used one and no one that has been scammed.. I have been put a lot of information on this board that could be useful to the present owners of LRL’s and future owners of LRL’s. I have put information on how to find out if you can use the rods before you buy, How to give yourself a little experience before you buy one( use a cell phone or calculator) and some of the flaws in these types of units..I am always available to answer questions. I prefer e-mails over PMs….Happy hunting…Art
P.S…I guess this makes me one of those scam salesmen..
So you're going to ignore the links and stories posted of people unahppy with their LRLs?

You do realize that just because you posted a question looking for people that have been scammed doesn't mean that all people unhappy with their LRLs are registered on Treasurenet to respond, or even saw this thread to post on it in the first place? You can't take what you've read here as any kind of conclusion, especially if you're going to ignore the posts you don't like......

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
So you're going to ignore the links and stories posted of people unahppy with their LRLs?

You do realize that just because you posted a question looking for people that have been scammed doesn't mean that all people unhappy with their LRLs are registered on Treasurenet to respond, or even saw this thread to post on it in the first place? You can't take what you've read here as any kind of conclusion, especially if you're going to ignore the posts you don't like......

The key words are…For those that have been scammed:
As I have been told by you many times antidotal facts do not count as facts so the number is still 0.

I don’t know how many T-net users have used a LRL and neither do you….

The only real fact in this thread is that 3 people can use their LRL’s and were willing to endure the misstatements from 5 skeptics. I see a few people who really want to learn something have dropped by to learn something…..Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:

As I have been told by you many times antidotal facts do not count as facts so the number is still 0.

The only real fact in this thread is that 3 people can use their LRL’s and were willing to endure the misstatements from 5 skeptics. I see a few people who really want to learn something have dropped by to learn something…..Art
Which all boils down to the fact that you can't make any kind of conclusion based on this thread, especially since you and Dell are two of the people happy with their LRLs.

And why is it that none of you LRL fans have bothered to address the big, red bold paragraph at the top of the new LRL page? You're in here still refusing to provide any kind of evidence that these LRLs do as you claim, when the entire point of this forum even existing is so that people won't get scammed by buying one of these "devices."

I swear, you guys are all so wrapped up in thinking that you have some deep personal connection to treasure hunting because you use LRLs and dowsing rods, that of can't even see what's right in front of your faces.

K

Kentucky Kache

af1733 said:
I swear, you guys are all so wrapped up in thinking that you have some deep personal connection to treasure hunting because you use LRLs and dowsing rods, that of can't even see what's right in front of your faces.

The only thing in front of people's faces is you. Give them a little breathing room. Learn how to debate.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
af1733 said:
aarthrj3811 said:

Which all boils down to the fact that you can't make any kind of conclusion based on this thread, especially since you and Dell are two of the people happy with their LRLs.

And why is it that none of you LRL fans have bothered to address the big, red bold paragraph at the top of the new LRL page? You're in here still refusing to provide any kind of evidence that these LRLs do as you claim, when the entire point of this forum even existing is so that people won't get scammed by buying one of these "devices."

Whoa...slow down, little man. ;D You don't know me. All I did was post the story of my success using the LRL.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
EddieR said:
af1733 said:
aarthrj3811 said:

Whoa...slow down, little man. ;D You don't know me. All I did was post the story of my success using the LRL.
Sorry, that was a mistake on my part. I really intended that for Art, Mike and Dell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread