Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight I went to a friends place, large old property. In the past I have found Indians/Mercs/jewelry there in the past. Well, as soon as I got there the first coin I dug was the silver nickel.

You know when how you dig a cool target you instantly say something like "sweet, a Merc!" or "A Barber, yeah baby!". Well, as soon as I knew what it was, my knee jerk reaction without thinking was "oh man, it's an OD nickel!". As soon as I heard myself say it I paused, and then I started laughing. Anybody watching me would think I was crazy.

I think we all have something we want so badly to dig, simply because we haven't yet. Out of all the things Old Dude has dug, why not a humble "war nickel"?

For me it's the elusive Walking Half. I have dug 4 Barber halves, a Morgan, SLQs, Vickies, Barber quarters and dimes, fishscales....the list goes on and on...but I can't seem to find a Walker to save my life. When I see people post them it makes me happy for them, but makes me jealous haha! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436157728.062578.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436157755.363939.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436157771.349670.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436157790.181525.jpg

(The Button, bracelet, and 18 pennies were dug yesterday at a different location.)

Upvote 13

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread