Thoughts on Fisher F4 or comparable .

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
New to MD , few weeks . Had the Ace 150 , returned it . Have the Delta 4000 and better but still I think bad discrimination . Maybe its me but it very rare that what it reads and it is what it says . Thou I have been getting better . Looking for a machine that has better discrimination . Maybe one with just audio , couldn't be any worse . I think the vdi is just random and you might as,well just dig . Lol

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Even the best detectors on the market are fooled, discrimination is just an educated guess... better detectors are slightly better at guessing...

Opinion on the F4... Get an F5 ... Its just better, or an AT Pro .. for the price you can't go wrong.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any detector with a meter will lie to you if you don't have it covered with duct tape. The MD's only respond to the conductivity of the target and not what it really is. Same goes for MD's with out meters and only sounds. You turn up the disc to eliminate what you are tired of digging and check out everything above that and try not to make a mess of any grass.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any detector with a meter will lie to you if you don't have it covered with duct tape. The MD's only respond to the conductivity of the target and not what it really is. Same goes for MD's with out meters and only sounds. You turn up the disc to eliminate what you are tired of digging and check out everything above that and try not to make a mess of any grass.
Good points, but I believe they also take the size/shape into consideration not just conductivity. If the target is the size/shape of a dime, the detector may call it a dime, regardless if it's made of copper, silver, brass, etc. I constantly dig quarter & dime sized washers with my Vaquero, even though I have disc turned way up.

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
I'm thinking of moving to audio only so I want be disapionted when the vdi is incorrect . Hell it cannot be worse . How do you like yours ?

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm thinking of moving to audio only so I want be disapionted when the vdi is incorrect . Hell it cannot be worse . How do you like yours ?

Tesoro! or DeepTech, can't go wrong.. but really... everybody has the same problems when starting out... we all dig a good signal and pull out crap... that's how it is..

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find nickles in full discrimination with my mxt
all the time
with my screen and threshold only
try that tesoro

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Well I ordered the Cibola from Tom.Miller . Great guy by the way and a good deal . Hopefully I will like this one after a Ace 150 and Delta 4000

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a big fan of anything Fischer. First, you have to learn how to use the unit you own. The F4 is a solid unit. There isn't a lot in that price range that can compete!

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Well I got it today very excited . Looked great , felt great . But just my luck . It does not work property . Maybe two to four inches in ground at best . All coins the same . Hell my metal digging tool only eight inches . I have should bad luck . I tried all settings . Don't Think I'm doing something wrong . I even put the penny in the ground 4 inches at most and not a big hit . Darn

ezzz1

Oct 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75,Teknetic 8000, At pro , At gold,Tesoro Sabre Compass X-80,fisher cd3z, goldbug2 , Garrett 250 ace 150 ,Fisher F-5,fisher 553,Teknetic 2000,fisher f4 Tesoro lobo,, silver Umax, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got it today very excited . Looked great , felt great . But just my luck . It does not work property . Maybe two to four inches in ground at best . All coins the same . Hell my metal digging tool only eight inches . I have should bad luck . I tried all settings . Don't Think I'm doing something wrong . I even put the penny in the ground 4 inches at most and not a big hit . Darn
Ive tryed the Tejon ,cibola, silver umax...and the lobo..in my opion they cant hold their own with fisher, they are ok machine but fisher got them beat on depth and the tone Id is second to nobody and recovery time is unreal in a trashy area with the 4 in coil , go over to Tesoro forum maybe they can help you.ive metal detected for over 35 yr. so ive tryed them all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread