Fishers new International shipping policy... wtf

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MARCH, 2013

THIS IS A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT NEWSLETTER

*****IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ*****

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

U.S. Dealers of any First Texas Products CANNOT sell any of our products outside of the U.S. You must remove any reference to “International Shipping” or “Export” from any/all advertising media including websites, emails, and eBay and cease all sales involving international shipping.

We will be actively policing this new policy and any dealers in violation will receive warnings. Continued violations will be dealt with more harshly.

NEW POLICY ON DEMO SALES!

Demo units or used Fisher detectors, listed by dealers for sale (internet, website, craigslist, eBay, etc.), must now include the serial number in the listing.

COUNTERFEIT T2 DETECTORS!

We are stepping up our fight against those making and/or selling counterfeit T2 detectors. Any dealers caught selling or promoting counterfeit T2’s, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The Teknetics website lists suspected and known dealers that have been associated with counterfeit T2’s. Here is a link to the page:

http://www.tekneticst2.com/dealers.htm

If you are contacted by a supplier that you suspect, please forward the information to us immediately. If you see new GREEN T2’s advertised for sale please let us know about it ASAP.

Updated with full content was just made available to me.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In my experience, companies (such as FTP) often make agreements with distributors
around the world, and in some cases those are "protected territories", meaning that the
dealer gets paid on everything sold within their territory, or has requested
"exclusivity" for their particular region of the globe.

As a sales rep of many years, I would not accept a product line if exclusivity was not
part of the contract. It makes little sense for a rep (or dealer) to spend a good deal of their
operating funds doing demo's, presentations, maintaining a retail storefront, etc. and properly
representing the product when the customer can just turn around and buy the machine from
a US based mass-distributor.

We live in an International Marketplace these days, and the dealers/rep's in other countries
simply can not survive (or afford to properly represent the product line) if their customers are
buying in the US and having it shipped overseas.

It's a good business decision for many companies, and while it may not be the exact
reason Fisher has made this change
, it is the reasoning for most of the exclusive
dealer/rep/distribution deals made by numerous other firms.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, I should really remove this thread.. feel like i started a fist fight..

I'm just a little peeved because the Dealers in Australia are non-existent... I'm sure we have one.. but i know for a fact that the guy doesn't answer his phone nor reply to email..

So, it may be a smart business decision for FTP, but you're indirectly taking a dump on sales in Australia... Not your problem i guess..

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Kind of interesting or maybe awfully not so......as there is no Official Importer/Dealer/Distributor nor Service/Repair facility in Australia........as can be seen on Fisher Research Labs "Where to Buy"
FIND A FISHER RETAIL DEALER
Perhaps this is why a number of polite emails with regards to obtaining spare parts like a simple coil plug for a Gold Bug 1 and a set of Decals for a Gold Bug 2, direct to Fisher have had no reply.
ivanll

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I'm just a little peeved because the Dealers in Australia are non-existent... I'm sure we have one.. but i know for
a fact that the guy doesn't answer his phone nor reply to email..

So, it may be a smart business decision for FTP, but you're indirectly taking a dump on sales in Australia...
Not your problem i guess..

If I were in your shoes, first thing I would do is get on the phone with Fisher's Corporate office, asap,
and speak with the Marketing Director/Manager. Only way they can fix that problem is if they
know about it, and if you explain that to the guy/gal who makes their living based on the
performance of those rep's, I can pretty much guarantee you that they'll straighten it out,
or get another rep forthwith. Non-performance in such an active market will get a rep. canned
in a hurry, and every rep contract would/should have language explaining that to the rep.
(ie: the rep should know better).

I try not to judge an entire companies product just because of one schmuck, instead I would judge it by how they (Corporate)
handled the problem and respond to my needs. That's going to ultimately tell you what they're made of.

twocents-1.gif

M Scott @ FTP

Mar 18, 2009
Kind of interesting or maybe awfully not so......as there is no Official Importer/Dealer/Distributor nor Service/Repair facility in Australia........as can be seen on Fisher Research Labs "Where to Buy"
FIND A FISHER RETAIL DEALER
Perhaps this is why a number of polite emails with regards to obtaining spare parts like a simple coil plug for a Gold Bug 1 and a set of Decals for a Gold Bug 2, direct to Fisher have had no reply.
ivanll

Thanks for the tip Ivan.
Looks like our site wasnt updated since Coiltek center was our distributor in Austrailia.
I just talked to Brad Wilson on email yesterday on a seperate subject. He can always help you;
www.aussiedetectors.webs.com

Also Treasure Enterprises in Australia;
http://www.treasureenterprises.com/Metal%20Detectors/Metal%20Detectors%20&%20Accessories/fisher_metal_detectors.htm

If ever a question simply do an internet/google search for 'Fisher Metal Detectors Australia' or' Fisher Research Labs Australia' and that will easilly pull up any of the information you might be searching for.

If not let me know and please forward me the direct email you sent without a response so I can see what happened that you had no reply or refferal to one of our distributors eager to help.
We will update the listing for Austrailia on Monday,

thanks

Mike
[email protected]

OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More than likely.. I understand why nobody from Aus wanted to become an Importer/Dealer/Distributor before now.. it was easier and cheaper to order Internationally..

Maybe with this move by FTP we might have someone take it on... not sure what a Gold bug 2 or Pro etc... are COST from factory.. but let me put it this way. lets say you order 6 gold bug pro machines,

We will use the RRP because i have no clue what cost price is...
Ok so ( 6x649 = 3894... 3894 + 5% customs duty $194.70) ( add to that shipping on the 6 units, lets say $500 so $3894+694.70 Taxable amount, $4588.70, 10% GST $458.87 $5047.57

So, to break even. You have to sell each unit at $841.26... $865

cost is lower so its all just blah.. but you get the idea.. sux 2 b us.

Might give www.aussiedetectors.webs.com a call later in the week.

Last edited:

M Scott @ FTP

Mar 18, 2009

I'm just a little peeved because the Dealers in Australia are non-existent... I'm sure we have one.. but i know for a fact that the guy doesn't answer his phone nor reply to email..

So, it may be a smart business decision for FTP, but you're indirectly taking a dump on sales in Australia... Not your problem i guess..

Ausgoldhunter,
No worries-this is great info for us and can only help us make stronger distribution in Australia, thank you!
No worries about the fistfight..... Many of us are none to used to Terry putting on his cute little Tesoro cheerleader outfit and doing his 'rah rah' routine on other manufacturers specific forums along with other forums. Some people have no tact or class and thats pretty obvious. I would never go to a Tesoro site and say they are getting 'spanked' even if it were true-its a 'chump' move and makes him look dumb and uniformed since its far from the actual truth.
If I were Tesoro I would be ashamed of this guy because he makes them look like Shmucks IMHO. They are a great company despite his silly antics and he is tied to them whether they like it or not. I hope FTP, Fisher, Tek and/or BH NEVER has a blatant shill like Terry Solomon trying to promote our products through false information and undiciplined biased feelings-that would be embarressing to say the least.....

Good day!

Mike

Last edited:

M Scott @ FTP

Mar 18, 2009
As far as protecting European dealers-Duh! Why else would it be done?
Not a protest at all just pointing out how uninformed and out of touch from reality you are as an industry OUTSIDER-if you didn’t act like an uninformed ‘know it all’ I wouldn’t have to point it out how uninformed you are…...

I even told you how funny your post is because it shows your limited knowledge with the industry and market place.
The funny part is that you act like you actually know what’s going on and I chuckle as I write this, because you are totally clueless regarding the detector market. What are your credentials-you talk to someone at Tesoro? Is that it?
There are things you can do to find out how big a company is. Search the net and find out how much sq. footage a factory maintains, then checkout the amount of employees, it’s a common business formula used to gauge privately owned companies size. That gives you an pretty close number of worldwide market share, that is unless Tesoro has elves working for them and a hidden manufacturing facility in the North Pole we don’t know about…… Maybe they have a magical capacity for manufacturing more products faster in less space with less employees and resources along with the outdated manufacturing equipment (humorously shown in their production video) than all the other manufactures with 100x more sq. footage, modern facility’s and state of the art production equipment and 50x the employees? Even if Tesoro was not selling domestically and exporting all their products to Europe they would still have a small portion of European market share-you are clueless regarding the industry size and market share and ANY other industry insider will tell you so-maybe Tesoro is also clueless and they believe it since that’s where you seem toget your info….

You can think what you want and try and get others to believe your BS but the fact remains and the fact is you are 100% wrong…….again.
Yes its ‘he said’ (someone that has worked for all manufacturesand still does for the past 20 plus years while traveling the world attending rallies and visiting dealers and distributors discussing sales trends around the world) and ‘she said’ (some internet forum ‘know it all’ that blindly supports the company that donated detectors to his part time gold hunting tours 10 years ago and has not ever worked in the industry nor visited any international dealers discussing sales trends-ever) If you were at least domestic multi line dealer you might hold some credibility except for your blatant support of the companies that have donated detectors to you…..

Oh and nice try….. We have exactly 1 model made in China same as always = the Bounty Hunter Jr. But, I suppose that’s not true according to Terry who knows more about the detecting industry than anyone else on Tnet despite his lack of credentials to back it up.

Have a nice day,

Mike

Opps, my bad-exactly 2 models.... the 2 lowest end of the low end in our BH lineup-----BH JR and BH VLF units.

OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Opps, my bad-exactly 2 models.... the 2 lowest end of the low end in our BH lineup-----BH JR and BH VLF units.

To be honest, I don't care where they are made.... Do they work as intended? .. if the answer is yes.. then i don't care.
that said I'm a nugget shooter, so those machines aren't of any use to me lol.

I Ordered a second Fisher GB Pro on Monday, from the guys at KellyCo... It appears it is on Factory back order until most likely May. Not a problem i can wait. but given this new International shipping policy..
Am i going to be waiting 2 months for nothing?..

Guess i will find out in may..

anyway FTP I still <3 u guys!

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Mike,

Terry is just being Terry. It's his schtick.

Interesting part is the original post quoting the new policy completely left out the reason for the policy, which is to fight the huge increase in counterfeit detectors. That, and it is not as if it is unusual. Minelab, an Australian company, strictly forbids its US dealers from shipping outside the US. Most Whites dealers are local sales only.

Anyway, the thought it had anything to do with Tesoro was funny, to say the least. The counterfeit issue, that is not funny at all.

I heard a rumor you guys are making a detector for me. Please resist the urge to push it out the door too soon. I'm patient. Give Dave all the time he needs to get it right. And no, I did not hear it from him!

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first Texas instrument give me a break did you ever listen too one
every one I heard
from tesoro to garret needs to go back to the drawing board and make one you can stand listening too
plus give it some depth when a pistol probe pin pointer give a first Texas instrument a run for the money and sound better
that should tell you right there

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with a 5,000.00 detector and your using some than else
Wow

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what could a gold bug do that minelab can't

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what could a gold bug do that minelab can't

Efficiently discriminate out ferrous trash in tailing piles while still finding most nuggets. The Minelab would have me digging holes for junk all day, wasting time and wearing me out. My GPX is my main gold getter. The Gold Bug 2 is for tiny stuff the GPX can't hit. And I use the F75 SE or Gold Bug Pro primarily to hunt tailing piles. And tailing piles are where I find most of my gold in Alaska.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting part is the original post quoting the new policy completely left out the reason for the policy, which is to fight the huge increase in counterfeit detectors. That, and it is not as if it is unusual. Minelab, an Australian company, strictly forbids its US dealers from shipping outside the US. Most Whites dealers are local sales only.

Well I wasn't given the reason just the policy.. and while counterfeit detectors are i'm sure a huge pain in the ass for FTP. I still don't see a problem with authorized dealers selling Internationally.
I'm sure i am missing the point, so fill me in.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with a 5,000.00 detector and your using some than else
Wow
Yep, the GPX 5000 finds the deep and fairly small nuggets, the GB Pro finds the not-as-deep, but TINY nuggets. That's why many serious nuggetshooters use both!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread