Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1118.jpg First its high quality,the shaft is strong and no flex with the 11 inch coil. The grip is at a little different angle got to get use to that ,I think its going to be primarily for my 11 and possibly a 13 when the fields get harvested. Balances good with the 9 ,I also changed the arm band kept working loose I put a velcro one on it much better imo. I like the straight shaft design it lets me keep my coil to the ground in a more level as I like to swing out away from myself. There is way more adjustment on the lower rod so you could let it out and get some great coverage on each sweep. Its a tad heavier but you can adjust the lenght way more so no wonder its a tad heavier. Would I buy one again yes, on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 9, handle angle and arm strap being the reason for the point deduction. I would also give the Deus factory shaft a 9 too, the wobble when I extend the shaft out to 4.5 is the reason for the point deduction. OMT about the anderson shaft is the foam grip handle Im gonna wrap it with something because when I hunted yesterday it was a 100 and I sweated so much it became saturated with sweat and water logged my hand, not a big problem and would be no problem in the winter time. I took the remote mount off my deus shaft and put it on the anderson and used the screw from my deus shaft to secure it , its already pre drilled and ready to go. I ordered a new mount for my deus shaft on ebay. Any suggestions on what to wrap the grip with?

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you like it. I just bought a 9" coil so I'm gonna need another shaft for when my sons or friends want to give it a try. It appears they are only available direct from Anderson. Cheaper than the Deus shaft is good too

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did by it direct from anderson.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the review CD.

As for the grip, I use bicycle hand grips, from the bike shop. They make some soft rubber ones that are really soft, Goggle Oury grips.

GL!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you attach the grip?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I assumed that the "grip part" could be removed from the shaft. In the bicycle world, they use hairspray to lube the bar, then it dries and holds the grip in place. If the shaft diameter is too small, you can build it up with tape, we used a rubber mastic tape, because it was sticky.

Holler if you have any questions. GL!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we have winner I believe that will work perfect . Thanks that will be perfect and stop the water logged hand part. going out to the woods now to see if I can hit paydirt man I wish this heat would let up.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think we have winner I believe that will work perfect . Thanks that will be perfect and stop the water logged hand part. going out to the woods now to see if I can hit paydirt man I wish this heat would let up.

The grips are waterproof, won't absorb anything, washable, durable and soft. An off-road motorcycle or bicycle shop should have them on the shelf, they will recognize the Oury name.

Best of luck on the hut, it's way hot and dry in Charlotte too. A couple of months, and it will be cool off. Fingers crossed!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to use hockey stick tape. Cloth and it sticks to itself. Easily removed if need be as well.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS