THREE DAY DIG at old K of C yard..Tons O Stuff

D

detector77

Hi all detector 77 here. man it's been a grueling three days in the dirt, but it did pay off....WOW !!!!!
I have put in six images of some of the Stuff I found, a little history first.. the old K of C is about to be demolished, the building was originally built in the 1880's after finding this out I asked permission to search the grounds from the church ( Catholic ) also built in 1863,( my next project ) anyway here is a list of the goods that I woke up from their " Dirt Nap " lol.....
3 Sackajewa dollars 2000 all. 1 1979 Susan B. Anthony dollar. 1 1971 aKennedy Half. 3 Roosevelt silver dimes 47, 60, 64. 1898 Barber dime, 1876 Seated Liberty dime. 1897, 1906 V nickels, 1918 buffalo nickel. Indian head pennies 1880, 1884, 1893, 1898, 1900. Tokens included Palmolive soap token, Illinois labor tokens, and old merchant tokens for trade. old buttons unknown but the one on the bottom has a cannon insignia on it, also found 27 wheat pennies, 85 quarters, 65 dimes, 260 pennies, and an assortment of relics,
if you dig deep enough you will find it!!!!! That is the truth.
I wish everyone could experience the fun in a project like this one, it is easier than you think to gain permission to these type of hunts, all you have to do is ask, the worst that can happen is they will say no, but.....I find most of the time they say yes..my own experiences. anyway I hope you all enjoy these pics, and let me hear from you all, this was a lot of work....lol.

Attachments

• resize1.JPG
    resize1.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 754
  • resize2.JPG
    resize2.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 746
  • resize3.JPG
    resize3.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 733
  • resize4.JPG
    resize4.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 736
  • resize6.JPG
    resize6.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 728
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!!!
Very nice haul, WTG!!! Love the seated coins, have only found (2) myself...
Those Inian Heads are in great shape too... Like the Quote also...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EXCELLENT FINDS !

? ? ? ? ?CONGRATS !

? ? ? ? ?JEFF

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent digs,

one of the best I've seen in a long while!

HH

Lonewolfe

R

rusty nails

VERY VERY NICE - I LOVE THE PATINA ON THOSE COINS - CONCGRATS - LBP

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! ?I'd hunt it again and dig those some of those low tones, might be some jewlry there as well and some coins on edge. ?HH and nice hunt, Mike

R

rvbvetter

Great finds!! Well worth 3 days of dust and dirt. WTG!!! HH

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dream of MD days like you've had! (It'll happen). I just got an Ace 250 and am learning how to use it. I wanna be ready for the cooler weather. I'm new to the forum and am wondering how you guys get those flashy coin pictures, animations, pictures of youselves, etc. that are included with your replies? I would like to personalize my replies also, I think you guys have some very creative ones. Anyway, congrats on your finds. They're COOL!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool digs 77 the old timers here cleaned out the parks and other good spots you proved that a little research pays off BIG no ol timers down there then hu!lol kiddung hey very cool stuff like the diggs!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one GREAT HAUL 77!! Love those tokens.Good pay off for your hard work.WTG!!

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW WoWWow

Great job

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Great diggin 77 !!!!! That 84 Indian looks like it is in very good shape for possibly being in the ground for over 100 years. Way2go !
~Kansas~

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WOW! Looks like someone dropped the collections box ... more than once! Excellent haul!

N :o :o DLE

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Knights of Columbus, an affiliation of the Catholic church that does a lot of "tending to the poor, misfortunate, medical assistance, war ravaged, etc." type work. I had to look them up. :-\

Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread