rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Finds - Finally ......

Spent my two days off from work for Myself for a change..no grass cutting...no house maintenance...I'll take the wife out to dinner tomorrow !!! HAHAHA Hit the local lake here in Ft Worth...what a blah morning..nothing but pull tabs..hit the two boat ramps..and the swimming beach...if you wanna call it a beach !!!...It's filthy, and smelly...anyway left there and stopped by on the way home at a local playground..found only a few newer pennies. But today was much better !!!! Hit another new playground.....found $.79 in newer clad..nothing to brag on but it was enjoyable to just find that...Then...as I was sweeping across I got a loud bang ....and before i could even check the depth...I looked down and there it was...a silver childs ring. MY FIRST RING !!! nothing to brag about ..its thin but...its a RING !!...and didn't even have to dig !!! LOL After the initial shock..I decided to head home as it was getting HOTTER !!! On the way home..passing along side a set of railroad tracks I came to a stop sign..On the corner were some older trees..a pile of what appeared to be junk..and low and behold..some old concrete foundations..separated by an old sidewalk...Well I guess you can imagine my next move....I pulled off the side of the road...grabbed my detector and off I went. As I thought...the area was littered with junk ...everything appears to be shallow..couldnt pick up any deeper signals..but didnt really spend a lot of time on it today..but did manage to dig an old axe head..about 2 inches down. I think the next cloudy day I will be back. My best guess is the area may have been an older gas station, or an old convenience store ....from the size of the trees..massive trunks ..anyway I'll be back. So, that's my two days off ...Still waiting for that magic gold ring to pop out..and it will....

Rockyredbaron

Attachments

• TodaysFinds081105.jpg
    TodaysFinds081105.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Finds - Finally ......

Congrats on your first silver ring! You have gotten the bug and developed an eye for the sites, Good luck. HH, Mike

? ? Sounds like two days well spent, if you ask me. ? Congrats on the ring! ? ?WTG!! ? ? ? ? ? ?HH

CONGRATS,

On the Finds & Getting Out .

JEFF

Congrats on your finds!!Nice ring! WTG!!

Nice find/s!

HH

Lonewolfe

...even a bad day of detecting is better than a good day of work around the house!!

Nice job.

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back