Three Fine Ladies and Six Little Indians

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three Fine Ladies and Six Little Indian's

Hi all,
My partner and I got out yesterday, our last nice day up here in Ohio. We started out to go to the Happy Trails site and ended up at a Old Church Site.

We got permission from the owner to hunt the field, that we thought was a One room school house, turns out it was a Old Church Site. A guy came over and talked to us and told us the site we were hunting was in fact a church site and that they had moved the Church down the road.

We Had A GREAT day at this site. I just love Church sites that lay in bean fields. Gary started off finding a number 12 Sleigh Bell. I walked down the field and got a signal, reach down and told my partner you can keep your sleigh bell, I'll keep what I've found. It was 1887 Seated Dime.

Gary went on to find a Crystal White Laundry Soap token, a 1898 Barber dime, he also found a 1877 Seated dime, a 1902 V Nickel and four wheat penny's.

I ended up finding a 1903 Barber Quarter, a 1887 Seated Dime, 1938 Mercury Dime, 6 IH's 1888, 1897, 1904, 1907, 1907, one no date and 4 wheat's.

We really had a great day, Hope your's was just as good. HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Old Church site.jpg
    Old Church site.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 643
  • 3 Ladies.jpg
    3 Ladies.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 627
  • 6 little indian\'s.jpg
    6 little indian\'s.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 641
  • Gary\'s coins.jpg
    Gary\'s coins.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 638
  • Gary\'s # 12 sleigh bell.jpg
    Gary\'s # 12 sleigh bell.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 638
Upvote 0

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Three Fine Ladies and Six Little Indian's

great finds

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Greater than great finds! I just love those old US Sleigh Bells!

Your thread here is so wonderful! The pictures are so great too.

Excellent work!

Badger

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, simply, WOW! Those were some real nice finds! You really put that ACE 250 through its paces.

Ed D.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mirage said:
Another awesome day for you Denny. Getting tired of that "common" silver? ;) :D

I never thought I would get tired of digging silver rosie's and mercs. And I still am not but the IH's, barbers and seateds are much more exciting to dig. ;D ;D ;D

Bob

No Bob, Gary and I just happened onto this site. I have old county maps from the 1800's and all the townships in each county. We were just driving along and I got a county map out and told Gary to see if anything might be close by. We saw what we thought was a old school site. Turn out to be a Church site. I really love church sites from the 1800's. They had such great picnic's and get togeathers back then.

Thanks again to everyone who replied to my post. I guess it just goes to show you, there are so many places to hunt, you just have to do some research to find them.

Hopefully we can get back to finding those common coins again, but the weather is getting really cold. Guess we will have to put on more clothes and maybe hand warmers. Ha Ha those common coins will warm up our hands and throw in a few IH's and we will be hot hot hot.

HH All, Ringfinder

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ya'll did good! 8)

I'm thinkin most everyone around here never owned a barber of any sort back in the day! :D

GREAT finds you two! Congrats!!! Nana :)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

zoyboy said:
Outstanding research, Ringfinder. When did the church get moved to a different location?

Hey, there are half dimes waiting for you guys in that field.
Not really sure, but it would have to be after or aound the 50's or later, cause we found some wheats around that age.

Hope we do find some of those Half dimes, or five cent silver coins, that would be awesome!! Thanks for your reply.

HH< Ringfinder

P.S. Hope to go back to that site next week, if it isn't snowing by then!

D

doyboy

I'm still the "Indian Head God!" ;D

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

doyboy said:
I'm still the "Indian Head God!" ;D

Hey Right On DoyBoy, I'm not sure how many you have found, but just a quick check and I counted 64 so far this year for me, and Gary told me he has found 80 of them. One of mine is a 1859 and I just checked, Gary just found a 1876 IH in very good condition.

HH,Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread