ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As we do a countdown we can start with a nickle trio or whatever you call it. A 1904 V, a 1925 buffalo and a 1973 Jefferson. Then we have a 1942 Washington and two mercs. Counting down we then have a 18K gold ring with the date 4-25-31 inside. If the ring looks familiar it is because I have found three of these rings with flowers, 18K white gold in this spot now. One was yesterday. The other gold is a 1947 10K class ring.

Now for the possible citation. I am NOT going to explain the whole story here at all, YET. If the citation comes I will go to court and plead innocent. It is illegal to swim, wade, or dive in the Detroit river ANYWHERE in the city limits unless in a designated swim area. Because of ALL the judgemental people on here I am reserving my story till after court if there is one.

Lets just say that I will only get the citation because I question people that push their authority around. Maybe I deserve it, maybe I don't. However, I am not opening myself up to ridicule like I did on my thread about having the police called on me over 20 times. IF the judge feels I deserve it and get a 500.00 fine so be it. This time it was the Wayne County Sheriff patrol boat that pushed my buttons the wrong way. I don't like being threatened by ANYONE PERIOD.

I ask that everybody refrain from judgments or comments. I know what I did, what I could have done different and my reasons. I am honest with my posts and I wrote this because of frustration and only being able to make a dive and a half.

Back to my finds. I did get a very small sterling religious medal and another small gold plated pendant. Also two brass rings and a brass earring EXCEPT it has a GOLD post!! More gold!

All three rings with flowers. All 18K white gold:

Last edited:
Upvote 24

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds as usual Scuba!! :notworthy: Loot is there for those with the testicular fortitude to go after it. You are obviously one of those people and I wish you luck in the "let's not talk about it" dept :laughing7:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I realize that I am a newb here, but when I read your post something came to my mind. You mentioned that you would not be talking about what happened with the possibility of a citation due to past treatment over issues, and the judgemental people here. You said that at some point in the future you MAY explain the situation. My question is this: If this is the case that you may explain it some day, then why bring it up at all until you do? It seems like you are only bringing the attention to yourself with this. If you don't walk to talk about it, then fine. Don't bring it up at all. If you didn't say anything nobody knows.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I realize that I am a newb here, but when I read your post something came to my mind. You mentioned that you would not be talking about what happened with the possibility of a citation due to past treatment over issues, and the judgemental people here. You said that at some point in the future you MAY explain the situation. My question is this: If this is the case that you may explain it some day, then why bring it up at all until you do? It seems like you are only bringing the attention to yourself with this. If you don't walk to talk about it, then fine. Don't bring it up at all. If you didn't say anything nobody knows.

Not true but thanks. A wader detecting got kicked out of there also today. He joined this site to bash me a while ago. His posts were deleted by a moderator, but he lurks here and IF he had something to say, well you heard it from me first.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With all that yellow you've been scooping, What's $500?

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!! At the end of the day... You waded in the water as part of your hobby. I say "screw 'em" if they have nothing better to do than harass you for that! As a Michigan native.... I know the police have bigger concerns in the Detroit area. As previously stated.... "Give 'em Hell"!!!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck with the man":thumbsup:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
With all that yellow you've been scooping, What's $500?

Completely agree. So I will have a little more than 4 grand probably if the worst hits. So big deal right? Some people like to make huge mountains out of mole hills

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should be able to hunt any body of water in the U.S. Our government is too big and is sticking their nose into places it doesn't belong

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, first..congrats on the great dive...and a half...second, sorry to hear about the hassle...with all what's going on in Detroit, stabbings, murders, drugs...like any big city of course..and all they have better to do today is bust a guy for diving in the river!?...and it sounds like they came with both barrels a'blazin. So why no citation yet?...if you don't mind me asking...anyway, we're pulling for ya, just hope for the best and pray for the worst...ddf

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba, first..congrats on the great dive...and a half...second, sorry to hear about the hassle...with all what's going on in Detroit, stabbings, murders, drugs...like any big city of course..and all they have better to do today is bust a guy for diving in the river!?...and it sounds like they came with both barrels a'blazin. So why no citation yet?...if you don't mind me asking...anyway, we're pulling for ya, just hope for the best and pray for the worst...ddf

I was wondering that myself. Told me it would be in the mail. Strange they didn't have a citation book on them. It really stinks. I was in 6 - 7 foot of water, not bothering anyone. I wasn't in the middle of a boating channel or anywhere around boats. The ordinance was made because of dangerous currents? NO IDEA. I really can't believe the sheriff officers had nothing better to do anyway. I was in-between shore and the end of a fishing pier. No place that would ever hinder anybody. The law is the law I know. The state police and the state conservation officers that run the island said they don't enforce the city ordinances and I have talked to them weekly. They all know me. I will be talking to them before I have to see a judge.

What many on here would say I did wrong is I talked back to them. They gave me an attitude and I returned it. I know, not the best way to handle a situation. That is why I don't need a bashing session. Some would love to give me one!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to be on the jury____________________DEADLOCK----go forth and hunt, ye are FREE, FREE AT LAST. like I said in a previous post-------grow some gills, they won't know you are there.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I want to be on the jury____________________DEADLOCK----go forth and hunt, ye are FREE, FREE AT LAST. like I said in a previous post-------grow some gills, they won't know you are there.

OR dive without a dive flag. They still wouldn't know. But then I would be breaking a state law!

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I wish you luck in the future, what ever it may bring. It sure can be frustrating dealing with someone who is hell bent on busting your balls. Thank god for the good ones out there.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
That is why I don't need a bashing session. Some would love to give me one!

Only cuz they're jealous! Gotta ask though....why didn't you just make like a sub and "Dive, Dive, Dive!"? That woulda been a helluva lot more fun! Imagine out runnin' the cops...underwater!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, no one can argue you have some of the best water finds on the forum. I feel, torn, on the other issue. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread