ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As we do a countdown we can start with a nickle trio or whatever you call it. A 1904 V, a 1925 buffalo and a 1973 Jefferson. Then we have a 1942 Washington and two mercs. Counting down we then have a 18K gold ring with the date 4-25-31 inside. If the ring looks familiar it is because I have found three of these rings with flowers, 18K white gold in this spot now. One was yesterday. The other gold is a 1947 10K class ring.

Now for the possible citation. I am NOT going to explain the whole story here at all, YET. If the citation comes I will go to court and plead innocent. It is illegal to swim, wade, or dive in the Detroit river ANYWHERE in the city limits unless in a designated swim area. Because of ALL the judgemental people on here I am reserving my story till after court if there is one.

Lets just say that I will only get the citation because I question people that push their authority around. Maybe I deserve it, maybe I don't. However, I am not opening myself up to ridicule like I did on my thread about having the police called on me over 20 times. IF the judge feels I deserve it and get a 500.00 fine so be it. This time it was the Wayne County Sheriff patrol boat that pushed my buttons the wrong way. I don't like being threatened by ANYONE PERIOD.

I ask that everybody refrain from judgments or comments. I know what I did, what I could have done different and my reasons. I am honest with my posts and I wrote this because of frustration and only being able to make a dive and a half.

Back to my finds. I did get a very small sterling religious medal and another small gold plated pendant. Also two brass rings and a brass earring EXCEPT it has a GOLD post!! More gold!

All three rings with flowers. All 18K white gold:

Last edited:
Upvote 24
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Good luck taking hearsay to court...

<°)))>{

Again you don't get it. The harbormaster police are the ones sending me the citation. It won't be hearsay when they have to appear. THEY will have to testify. EVEN if Wayne County gave me the ticket, I would have the SGT subpoenaed. He was the one that gave me the OK, he is the one that said it was only for that day to the sheriff yesterday. He WILL be the main person to testify IF it goes that far. He can explain to the judge why we had a conversation and he left last month without my information, without giving me a warning, without kicking me out of the river, and telling me I was OK in shallow water. I know what to do in court. I sure was there enough.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry things went south, perhaps bound to happen.

Most if not everyone posting "great finds ! keep posting pics!" ect do not have a possible stake in this so really are in no position to judge either way.
I know where this spot is but have never detected there myself, I have detected the Isle many times on land and water so I do have a potential stake. I can see both sides, I like Scubas brash style and passion for metal hunting, traits I have in spades myself.
On the other hand, it is not common procedure, and here the vast majority will have to admit I am right, to publicize and share producing hot spots right down to the exact location in such a prolific and graphic fashion. "No Way !" you say ? Ok, next time some of you guys find a nice little honey hole with some Barbers and IHC's, lets see you post the exact location complete with google map shots, then you'll have room to talk.
Its not greed per se, but common sense and standard procedure. Share it with a hunting buddy or 2 ? Sure, your option. Sharing it with the world is quite a bit over the top IMO, and I am coming around to see why some like Ice are upset.
Scubas posts are interesting, I can easily see how someone living 1,200 miles away will say "Yeah, nice stuff, keeping posting more !", but you might well feel differently if you were local.
I found 5 rings [2 silver, 1 gold, 2 stainless] and a watch in the water the other day and posted it on a local [Michigan] forum. Did I say the exact body of water I pulled them from ? Of course not, though on occasion if someone pms and asks, I'll tell them. Water/beach hunting spots here in the metro Detroit area for the most part are well known, but still, I fell no need to set off a potential rush by giving the exact location.

I like you by instinct scuba, we have exchanged a few friendly pm's, never met ya but just may hunt with you in the future, who knows. Doubtful, I know, but I hope you have learned from this and resist the urge to publicize producing hotpots in the future, it really is not good for you or anyone local and can only lead to a cluster, as it has now. You can satisfy your urge to show what you have found and be informative for others to learn from without being so specific.

I don't think you have a leg to stand on if you get a citation, calling a cop a liar, though he may be, is rarely ever going to be a successful strategy in court and is only going to burn down a possible bridge. Far better to say "I understood him to have meant this and not that" or some such than call him out as a flat out liar. I don't see you have a snowballs chance but I wish you luck and admire your stance.

Ice Scratcher

Jul 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately I admittedly have zero experience in any court..

So there you go..

<°)))>{

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where I live they have a volunteer dive rescue team. See if you can volunteer. They work with the local sheriff. Helps to be familiar with the local waters, instead of some cop that only dives the area rarely. Giving back to the local community always seems to gain privileges. The other member seems to be here simply to troll. Remember, living well is your best revenge...

Wayne County, MI | WAYNE COUNTY?S OFFICE OF HOMELAND SECURITY AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT TO CONDUCT ANNUAL TRAINING EXERCISE SEPT. 19 FOR VOLUNTEER COMMUNITY EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAMS

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where I live they have a volunteer dive rescue team. See if you can volunteer. They work with the local sheriff. Helps to be familiar with the local waters, instead of some cop that only dives the area rarely. Giving back to the local community always seems to gain privileges. The other member seems to be here simply to troll. Remember, living well is your best revenge...

Wayne County, MI | WAYNE COUNTY?S OFFICE OF HOMELAND SECURITY AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT TO CONDUCT ANNUAL TRAINING EXERCISE SEPT. 19 FOR VOLUNTEER COMMUNITY EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAMS

Sure, everyone that doesn't perfectly agree with your view on things 100% is simply a troll, I see how it is - And thanks BTW for adding something useful at the end there, else you'd just be a counter troll.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

I wish I could volunteer. The problem is I have no idea when I can dive. I also don't dive deep anymore. Some days I hurt too much to even think about trying to put on a tank. I am looking at SNUBA, very hard. BUT, when I can't enjoy my passion anymore, well lets say, I have lived a wonderful and long life.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure, everyone that doesn't perfectly agree with your view on things 100% is simply a troll, I see how it is - And thanks BTW for adding something useful at the end there, else you'd just be a counter troll.

When the majority of your posts are attacking another member, you are simply a troll. Do the math! Scientifically speaking, I see a trend. If I was a counter troll, I would be a moderator. And as a moderator I would put a stop to it. End of this thread participation for me. Thanks for the warning OP, you were right!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scuba, have truly enjoyed the posts. Am not the type myself to take crap from anyone. But, perhaps,since this harbormaster seargent is the permission granting authority, a smoother approach is called for. Get this settled, get approved on paper for next season. Perhaps a conciliatory donation of a few buttons to the police museum, if they have one. More than one way to skin a cat.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We post our finds and many share the sites they go to I doubt you see all kinds of people flocking to your spot there are lots of places and It sounds like your jealous of scuba and very selfish if you have been there for years and still must keep it to yourself I don't think any one would flock there. Plus to use this forum for this is selfish also I bet tons of people will share spots with you guys how hot can it be if you have been there for years. I'm done with this thread also I'm here to share my finds and read others finds and have fun.!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cool finds. Love the fact your earring had a gold post. It's like BONUS gold, eh!?

Good luck on your hearing. Hopefully, things will work out in your favor. The law is the law, and I agree, enforcement that "makes up stuff" just to be in charge is annoying.

I got booted from a neighborhood park by an HOA board member...even though I'd been invited to thepark. The HOA board member said, "Well, I think you shouldn't be digging in the park without approval." I explained the CC&Rs didn't prohibit metal detecting, and his comment was, "well, I know lawns, and that isn't going to be good for the lawn, so you should have called the board before doing it." I told him there's no covenant requiring that for anything that gets pushed into the grass (like a tent stake). He simply kept parroting "I may be new, but I think you should have asked permission from the board first."

I know EXACTLY what it was about. he wanted to throw his ball to his dog, and we were in the way. I simply just said, "Whatever, we're leaving, this is ridiculous." He kept calling out, "I didn't make you leave!" He's right... he didn't, but I wasn't about to let it escalate.

It irritates me, to no end, that folks get on power trips.

Skippy

I pulled it off the junk earring. It weighed a whopping .05 grams. I calculated that at 10K gold and I get a killer 89¢!! Added it to my gold container for the year. Better than a penny. Thanks. I decided to leave the other part of this thread be. When whatever happens happens I will post either good or bad for me.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Screw them all! I'm going to be extremely disappointed if you don't start posting in the 'Tonight's Finds' section soon. :skullflag:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Screw them all! I'm going to be extremely disappointed if you don't start posting in the 'Tonight's Finds' section soon. :skullflag:

No worries there. NOT going to stop. Today I was hurting too much to go out. A beautiful day but there was absolutely no way I could put on a tank. Tomorrow is another day and we will see how I feel. As with everything in life, some accept what I do, others disagree. That is our right. It is also my right to ignore people that disagree and consider me a threat to the hobby. I need three more gold to get 50 for the season and I need 13 more silver coins to hit 300. No idea how many pieces of silver jewelry I have.

Unless a moderator treats me unfairly as I see it, I am staying put. Everyone else can enjoy or dislike my posts and that is their right and prerogative.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok I may be ( usually am) wrong
but if I was detecting public property I would have said 'officer this is detroit, don't you have something more important to do?'

although that kind of attitude got me a ticket for having four people in a corvette once

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread