thumscraper bonanza

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Auction yesterday, a with birthday looming, made for a good reason to buy flint tools. Lots of them. These are from a one person collection from the dakotas. I am still amazed by the great materials we have in parts of the state.

DSCN3444.JPG
DSCN3441.JPG
DSCN3442.JPG DSCN3438.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday :occasion18: and a nice present to boot.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy B-day Quito! I think everyone should get artifacts for their birthday. He collected some nice ones. I enjoy everyone I have. Cool tool!

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice looking Scrapers. Looks like a lot of Agate, Knife River, Chert, and some TRSS in there. Great acquisition.

the KRF sure comes in many shades from translucent to the very dark
i also see some great white and brown PW along with a few pieces of jasper and a very few RBSW
there was not much of a shortage of good lithic materials here in the dakotas

IMHO we are fortunate to be able to still purchase these old collections locally
a friend was at an auction about two years ago where close to 300 nice KRF arrow points sold for about 175 bucks....this was just about 35 miles south of me and just north of fort yates standing rock res.

good bunch joel
i like them

steve

OP
OP
quito

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Thanks larson. I just have to say that the stuff in the western half of the dakota's has many of the good high plains type materials. The stuff out here on the ole prairie, isn't near as nice except for an occasional piece.

Next time I head up to North Dakota for an auction, maybe you can swing over and we can meet and look at lots of goodies. Theres an auction house south of Fargo, at Kindred, and they have a good one every year or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread