caius_gauge

Aug 8, 2011
Madison, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi again everyone,

This evening after work I almost ran home, grabbed my Ace 250, and went out to a favorite park of mine. I had a couple hours until sunset, so I wanted to get the best of the afternoon. I found 34 pennies, 7 dimes, 1 quarter, 1 nickel, and a token and an oval zoo token. The zoo token was found right on the edge of a pond, and the token was from the House on The Rock, about 45min away. Nothing super valuable, but I LOVE finding tokens. They are so much more rare to find in the ground than regular coins. I am going for another one of my special "Saturday runs" this weekend, starting before sunrise. It should be another fun day!!! Thanks for reading, and everyone have a great rest of the week, and a great weekend!!!

Attachments

• HouseOnTheRockFT.JPG
    HouseOnTheRockFT.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 793
  • HouseOnTheRockBK.JPG
    HouseOnTheRockBK.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 808
  • HenryVilasZoo Coin.JPG
    HenryVilasZoo Coin.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 799
Upvote 0
Cool finds :icon_thumright:I haven't been to the House on the Rock in yearsssssss!

Very cool .. I love finding those elongated pennies. :thumbsup:

I agree that smashed pennies are pretty cool. I get them when I go on vacation and I always save the ones I find. I even have one from Guam that is from a tourist attraction called Jeffs Pirate cove. That is the location of the last known Japanese soldier found hiding from WW2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back