Thursdays Finds with my Minelab Pro Coil ---

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Thursday's Finds with my Minelab Pro Coil ---

Well today, I was in a fluster as to where to hunt. I wanted to try out the local college; being it was established back in the early 1900s. But, there was just too much going on there; buses and all arriving. So, I high tailed it back to another spot I know. This location is old but has been hunted really hard by everyone including myself. But occasionally I'll find something good there once I get pass the junk. Anyway, my very first dig was the little gold ring; no joke! It has a P engraved on it. I know it's old and gold; I couldn't find any markings. My eyes are just too bad to strain looking for it. I suspect it's 10 kt but it may be higher. I also found a gold plated pendant, a spoon, the front section of a toy truck, a key, a silver plated button, 4 Memorial pennies, a 1977 Nickel, and a dime.

I must admit, the new Minelab Pro Coil is very sensitive on small items. Much more so than any other coil I own and I own a bunch. It picked up the little brass cog at 5 inches, the 22 bullet at 8 inches. And, the fold of lead bar at more than 8 inches. Of course the depths are approximate but close. One thing I really like about the coil is I'm able to crank SENS up to 32 MAX but do engage SEMI-AUTO SENS. I'm now having trouble with my SunRay X1 probe being overly sensitive but that is just fine by me. I can stand it making a little noise.

I almost forgot; the 1906 Indian Head Penny was discovered beneath a nail, down about 7 inches.
I knew by the sounds I had something in the hole. The five hour hunt flew by.

The sunset occured last evening as viewed from my bedroom deck. :)

Thanks!
GRB

Attachments

• 1906 IH-750.JPG
    1906 IH-750.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 705
  • Ring-750.JPG
    Ring-750.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 700
  • Storm Show-750.JPG
    Storm Show-750.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 694
  • ASSORT-750.JPG
    ASSORT-750.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 687
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ron B

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Re: Thursday's Finds with my Minelab Pro Coil ---

Hello Nick!
Thanks for meandering my thread Son! :)

The new 11 inch Pro coil should work on all the Explorer models.
I could be wrong; been wrong only one other time I can remember but please, don't tell anyone.

GRB

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Nice job, GRB, on your small gold and Injun. :thumbsup: Yeah, that new coil is a killer on small items. You won't believe how many cut pieces of wheaties I've been finding with it.

You're right. The coil will work on all Explorers. Sorry Nick, but it won't work on your GT.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dang Ron, your on a golden roll for sure.. that really looks like an antique ring..neat for sure.. Love the coins and I love the IH, which I have yet to find... but by gods I will.. Big time congrats....and what a beautiful sunset, were ya sitting there sipping a glass of wine too... Nice and thanks for sharing too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GReat hunting and very nice ring and coins. I think I need a new coil now!
SKD

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Thursday's Finds with my Minelab Pro Coil

Nice finds Ron . . . what a way to start the day off with a gold ring! :thumbsup:

I was able to hunt for about 30 mins yeasterday in the front yard with the new coil as well and found 3 quarters, a dime, a nickel and 18 memorial pennies. I also found the little small backing of a hat pin at least 7 inches deep. I was shocked at how deep it was for an object that small, it gave a VDI of 3|21. I ran the SENS at 22 so my probe would settle down but when I get back on my feet and don't have to be so winded digging, I will run it at 25-28ish. One thing I noticed with this coil is the sound of a coin next to trash is now better transmitted. What I mean is that I now feel more confident on the iffy signals.

Please always include a sunset or view pic for us, they are gorgeous where you live.

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

P

Pentico

Roy,
Looks like another great day for you. Congrats on all the finds.
Great sunset picture!
You got to love Colorado!

Denver

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice digs GRB. That seems like a winner coil :thumbsup:

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on those nice finds GRB :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Very nice job on the Indian head penny! I hope that really old ring is gold! ;D

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

GRB LOVE the finds but that little gold ring it the BEST !!!

I do hope you can find more about it...Congrats :thumbsup:

Derek

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star

Those finds are as awesome as the sunset is Roy! My new Explorer gets here Friday and I guess I'll have to start saving up the clad to get the new pro coil. Between you and Capt.SE you guys are cleaning up the west side so I better get goin quick before you all decide to come here to the north and wipe out all of my spots! Keep up the good work and thanks for the technical aspects included in your post as it helps guys like me who are just trying to learn this machine, its very much appreciated.

HH
Slipperyjack47

OP
OP
Ron B

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

Hello again everyone!
Thank you for your continued interest in my MD'ing adventure!

Each time I use the new Pro coil, I'm more impressed with its stability and sensitivity.
I personally believe this is the best general purpose coil out there for the SE. At least, of all the one's
I have used. However, my curiousity sure has been piqued by SilverFreak's success with Excelerator-KellyCo's
new SEF 10x12! And, I'm also excited about the introduction of the SEF 10 x 15 coil as well.
So, I definitely see two new shoes in my SE's future. Anyone need a SlimLine coil or two? :)

GRB
Here's a pic of a recent visitor to our back door; his friend left flustered! :)

Attachments

• HumBird-950.JPG
    HumBird-950.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 165

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread