Ticks! Can they survive a washing machine?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad, not sure about the chigger's and other pesky little critters you have that we don't, but it does work on the ticks, mosquitos and black flies...and is a lot less damaging as the 100% deet the US Forest service use to issue that melted my watch crystal......Gary

Ok Gary.... I totally DO NOT want to put this to the test here that vinegar is better then Clorox after an infestation upon someone.... ME!!!! But I will start using vinegar are a preventative... THANKS. I'll let ya know if it works on seed ticks and chiggers both. You'll hear me clearly if it doesn't buddy.... Brad

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to grocery today on a mission. Straight to the pet section.
I grab a spray bottle of "Flea-Free", carpet and home spray. It professes to kill flees and ticks, and prevent reinfestation for up to 210 days. Smells mighty nice too. ;)
Do you think a spray on clothing before detecting will keep the ticks and no-see-ums away?
Thanks
Peace ✌

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frank (Huntsman53)..... My son Ben went out into the front yard the last 2 days and did a bunch of yard work... He cut a bunch of low hanging limbs, cut some grass, wacked some weeds, shot a copperhead snake and got a "great" infestation of chiggers! :tongue3:

Bleach bath time here... and me being a male I have to laugh while I listen to him ***** (well you know). He's covered, scratched, bleeding and I can't wait to hear him scream like a little girl soon. stay tuned....:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread