Tiger Shark Owners, Are you using the upgraded nylon coil hardware?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many Tiger Shark owners are using the upgrade Black Nylon 1/4" inch bolt and wing nut to replace the metal one. Always made me wonder why a coil that was to find metal would have a metal bolt and brass nut so close to the coil. Tesoro was offering them free. When I reassembled my Tiger Shark after it's return from the factory it was still acting up. After I changed the bolt to the nylon upgrade, all is now well with the unit.

I've always had nylon bolts installed on all my detectors, land and water as I think it improves performance. I once looped a wire on my brother in law's coil to his detector before we went out. Took him nearly and hour to figure it out.......................LOL

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I sent my Tiger Shark back last month, in what Im now calling the "Great Tiger Shark Screwup" - James asked f I had the new hardware.
"Uh, the new what? No, I have some nylon bolt in there. I dont know where it came from..."

They sent a new one, gratis. MY T-Shark is still a tad oversensitive, but I set it that way on purpose. I like to run on the edgy side - thats how I roll, baby!

I also hear some people drill out there coils and rods for the Garrett hardware, too.

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
Mine came with a cheasy thin nylon bolt, I drilled mine out a couple of months ago and installed the Garrett coil bolt. So far so good. ;D

ptlmg

Greenie
Aug 26, 2007
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
Sandman, does your tiger shark work relatively well inland? For coins, jewelry, relics, etc.? I am still undecided wheather to get a tiger shark because I live about 75 miles from the beach, or should I just get a cortez and use it inland only? thanks for the advise

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I answered your PM. Yes it will work fine inland too.

Attachments

• Tiger Shark box (WinCE).jpg
    Tiger Shark box (WinCE).jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Tiger Shark box (WinCE).jpg
    Tiger Shark box (WinCE).jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 265

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
I've always had nylon bolts installed on all my detectors, land and water as I think it improves performance. I once looped a wire on my brother in law's coil to his detector before we went out. Took him nearly and hour to figure it out.......................LOL

I would have thought everyone went to Nylon by now.

On the coil wire, I'm surprised the number of times
I saw a newbie with the wire hanging down to the ground,
or pulled up with ties but not wrapped. one guy asked me
if he had to cut it to size :D I sure would have felt bad if he had
taken it upon himself to do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread