Tiger Shark"vs" Tejon

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiger Shark"vs" Tejon

I am new to Tesoro just acquired a Tiger Shark via trade and, am awaiting the arrival of a newly purchased Tejon. I am planning on selling(up at this very moment) the tiger shark as plan want to use the Tejon. Is that the correct move? The Tiger Shark is unused and therefore may garner a better sale, I don't want to go and use it if the Tejon is indeed better anyway.

Thanks for any info

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tiger Shark"vs" Tejon

Tiger Shark is a water detector and built heavier for the water environment. It also lacks a real pinpoint mode for land use or for grass, but it is still very good. Tejon is a hot coin and relic hunter that has many features the Tiger Does not have and it's pinpointing is spot on. I my opinion you would be crazy to get rid of the Tiger Shark, especially if it is one of the older ones that you can change coils.

froggy38383

Sep 27, 2005

I owned a Tiger Shark and often used it on rainy days for detecting, no worries about damaging the detector, it is weatherproof.

The Tejon is well known as being a relic hunter.

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am very excited about the Tejon because of the relic and coin abilities I hear it possesses that is the reason I bought it, it was more in that area I was wondering about the Tiger Shark, if it is close on land or a different machine altogether. I think that has been answered..thank you.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The Tejon kicks a$$ when it comes to relics. Search in the audible all-metal mode and it will find everything that is in the ground. It is very sensitive to small stuff and will go deep, but you have to use all-metal to get the full potential of the machine.

-Swartzie

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

froggy38383 said:
I owned a Tiger Shark and often used it on rainy days for detecting, no worries about damaging the detector, it is weatherproof.

The Tejon is well known as being a relic hunter.

Froggy,
So how do you like yours on land I assume that's where you us it when it's raining? Have any idea how it works in salt marshes and brackish rivers? SandMan seems to really like his in water and is not detered by salt water. Sounds like he pushes his and gets all he can out of it. I read all of his posts that I find, he sounds pretty knowledgable. I will refere to him as well but I'd like your opinion! Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread