Greenie
Mar 18, 2006
central Ok.
Detector(s) used
Whites/Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Timberwolf's Challenge

Well. I just am getting up and around from sergery and am very saddened to find out about Tom /Timberwolf just to let all that knew him he was as good a person that ever walked on this earth. He will be missed by all . In all his input and ideas. May the comfort of of God's Arms wraped around you be with with you in this time of loss.

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I haven't been able to post on T-Net in a while, as my dad has been in and out of ICU since November. I am DEEPLY SADDENEDby Tom's passing. Tom and I had been friends for a while and, while I never met him in person (he was planning on coming down and helping me out with the "vault"), I had spoken with him on the phone and conversed with him via e-mails for some time. There is no doubt in my mind that Tom was a fellow Christian. With that said, at least I KNOW that Tom is not suffering any longer.

I would like to take this time to thank all of the other friends I have made on Treasure Net! Life is TOO SHORT. Tom's sudden passing caught me by surprise. And, unfortunately, since my father was ill during the same time, I was even unaware of Tom's passing until days later (thanks to those who sent me e-mails letting me know). One TRUE REGRET I will always have in life now is that I never met Tom in person! I have fallen behind on keeping in touch with my friends (especially those from T-Net) this Winter, due to my father's illness. My dad is fine now (thanks to THE EVER-LIVING GOD) and I will be in touch with you all shortly and plan on getting back out in the field next week to make some progress on things (plus, I have "cabin fever", as I have not been to the mountains since November). Life is too short - let's all get out in the field and make the most of things while we are here.

May Tom rest in peace and may THE EVER-LIVING GOD Bless Tom's family after their loss!

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250

lest honor tom by keeping his challenge going for the kgc vault finds just because he aint with us dont mean we cant keep his thread going how about it tnet

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

olepossum said:
lest honor tom by keeping his challenge going for the kgc vault finds just because he aint with us dont mean we cant keep his thread going how about it tnet

Great post! I know Tom would have wanted this as well, from my conversations with him.

I was going to include Tom in my recovery (IF it ever happens of course). I will still do so - sending Tom's "share" to his family (again, IF the recovery is ever made). It is the least I can do (along with my other partners). Plus, it would be very nice for Tom's family, not only financially, but for them to realize Tom's dream of finding "proof".

When I spoke with Tom, Tom told me he and some others were working on a Christian movie. I told Tom, I hoped we could enter the vault, so he could use his share to finish his movie (as he was working on getting financial backing for the movie at the time). IF the "vault" is ever penetrated by us and there is something there that I believe, I would LOVE to see Tom's wife, family and others working on the film with him finally be able to make Tom's film he wanted so badly! I am just a Country Christian, so money doesn't really mean much to me - I certainly don't love it (just need enough to make my family "comfortable"). So, for Tom's film to be produced, would be (for me) the BEST part about opening the "vault" now. The film would be a great "legacy" for Tom's family and friends IMHO. Hopefully, this will be an extra driving force for me - when out in the field and facing the many dangers of: "watchers", helicopters hovering over, fear of heights, crawling back into tight dark caves, walking the extra mile, etc. etc.

Tom's sudden passing is dreamlike for me. It is still hard for me to realize that Tom is no longer with us. This was all so sudden. It seems like only a few nights ago I was speaking with Tom on the phone about the "vault", Treasurenet, the Bible, Tom's plans for a film, etc. etc. When things like this happen, one cannot help but wish they would have talked to the person or spent more time with them. In this case, I wish I could have met Tom in person.

Treasurenet has been good to me. I have been honored with MANY FRIENDS, whom I have met on Treasurenet, including Tom. There are bad sides to every forum and we all have had our arguments with Trolls and the like. However, on here, it seems I came in knowing hardly anyone and I have made many dozens of good friends. I have spoken with many on the phone. Several others have went out in the field with me and we talk on a regular basis (except for the past few months, while I have been staying with my father a lot when he was in the hospital). Some have even visited and stayed at my home for up to a week or longer. I TRULY APPRECIATE ALL OF MY FRIENDS I HAVE MET ON TREASURENET!

While I have never found any large "treasure" to brag of, I have realized the REAL TREASURE is the time we spend with our friends. I especially like the time out in the field, or mountains. The "field time" is great. It is a whole other world out in the mountains. One can forget their bills, hardships, etc. while out in the mountains, take a break, set down and enjoy the wildlife, creek flowing, look at the carvings on the trees/rocks and think of the stories they could tell, think of others who came there before you and imagine what it was like then, etc. etc. We should NEVER take anything for granted. Also, even if you don't find the "big one", realize that you have found something far better than any treasure - you have made friends and have experienced sights many will never see in this fast paced world! TBH, I like the days I spend setting in the mountains on the trail, talking with friends and taking in the sceneray more than the days I spend actually digging in a cramped cave for something!

This just reminded me - I need to go to the Swift threads and see if/when the Swift "meeting" is going to take place!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

and silence is one of them.
Good advice.... Jeff Gordon once asked the late Dale Earnhardt how he would handle it if everytime he drove out onto the track the entire crowd booed him. Mr Earnhardt replied that cheering or booing isn't the issue. They both prove that you have their attention. When you drive onto the track, only to hear total silence, you are truly a looser. Some guys have to jump into every post and add their 2 cents worth just for the sake of stirring the pot. Personally I think they're just looking for attention.....

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites

It seems you guys just can't wait to jump at the chance to take on SWR. When I first read his post about the thread fading away I was a little conflicted. Is it disrespectufl to Tom, no it's not, I know he would have welcomed the discussion just to bring the answers to light. It is my opinion that Tom is now in a place where he has all of the answers so the only reason to keep this thread going is for others to get the answers they are looking for.

Should the thread continue? Sure, it's already on the forum and won't be deleted so it will always be here but I think it will fade away on it's own because in my opinion the answer is already out there. There are no KGC megabucks depositories and therefore no proof of their existence so no proof can ever be posted even if someon was inclined to do so.

You guys that are bickering with SWR about a simple comment and posting vailed threats are the ones that are disrespecting Tom. SWR is entitled to his opinion and I don't see anything in that opinion that is disrespectful to Tom in any way. Get a grip and get back to the discussion. If you do then the thread will either continue on or not, based on the "proof" posted in response to Tom's challenge.

Proof I might add that no one has posted or even said they had that they could post if they wanted too.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

alec to get back on the subject, I have to dissagree with your theory. While I don't claim to know anything at all about KGC stashes other than what I've read here, assuming that the fact that nobody has posted pics proves they don't exist is just plain crazy. You are assuming that anyone who might have found one reads these posts and belongs to this fine website. You further assume that they would be willing to post pictures on a public website of their find even with the possibility of remaining annonymous. Lets suppose they did. Do you honestly believe that if the IRS or some other government agency demanded to know the real name & address of the poster that the website owners would pay the huge costs involved to fight the government simply to protect some guy stupid enough to show the world his secrets ? If I find a seated dime at the old park I'll gladly show pictures to you all and be proud to do it. If I find a chest full of gold dubloons I'll quietly fade away and it's been nice knowing you all... :coffee2: You're assuming WAY too much from the lack of pictures. This thread was a great challenge however it's my opinion it needs to remain for as long as there is interest. If someone was to post pictures that couldn't possibly be disputed it would prove the existance of hidden stashes. The fact that nobody had done that yet proves NOTHING. Have a great day and HH. Half the adventure is in the looking. The finding is just the bonus.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used

You should probably re-read my post, I am not assuming anything. I clearly stated that it was my opinion that the KGC mega depositories DON'T exist and therefore, even if someone was inclined to post evidence they couldn't, simply because there is no evidence.

I never said there is no evidence because none has been posted. No one has posted any because there isn't any.

I do agree that half the adventure is in the looking and if there is something at the end it is just a bonus however, if you are serious about the looking then having as much information as possible always makes it better.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

alec said:
No one has posted any because there isn't any.
This is exactly what I was referring to when I said you were making assumptions. What you must have meant is that there isn't any that you're aware of or that's been posted publicly on this website. To make a flat out statement that there is no evidence and that there are no stashes simply because you say so is a bit much. Don't you agree ? Where is your evidence that no such stashes exist ? The simple fact that none have been made public ? I'm honestly not looking for an argument and I'm not insisting that they exist anymore than I would insist the Easter Bunny exists. I'm simply saying that for those who demand proof of their existance isn't it also fair to demand that the doubtful folks like yourself prove that they do not exist ? You making a statement without facts is no different than the guys who believe it's out there. 100 years ago people believed that all the great treasures hidden in Egypt has already been found. Then King Tuts tomb was discovered.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used

To start with, I clearly said at least twice that it was my opinion that they do not exist and then reiterated that statement thinking that it was obvious I was giving my opinion, based on the evidence at hand and my own research. It is very difficult to nearly impossible to prove that something doesn't exist so to ask for proof that something does not exist is a little redundant, in my opinion.

I have, in many posts, brought up facts and evidence to indicate that these mega-bucks depositories do not exist. These things are what my opinions are based on. Is that absolute proof? No it isn't but it's better than just an opinion by itself and it's a lot better than anything I have seen indicating that the mega-bucks depositories do exist. It is information that others can look at and use to make their own, hopefully informed decisions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions